Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

So there are two Peggy's ?

Khev's twisty turny logic is the only thing that makes sense..

But I don't think that it follows the MCU rules.

No , only one Peggy. She married Cap after he goes back for her. Nothing changes for her really. She did marry and have kids, (with Cap) we just didn’t know it. Cap was the Husband all along....all this while the younger Capcicle was waiting to do all the things we saw in the films.

Essentially, there were 2 Caps living at the same time, one slightly older but living with Peggy while his younger self ran around in Avengers. WS, AOU etc etc.

And apparently dies as she did before.

Yes, but while he lives the rest of his life in the past, there's a frozen Cap too, right?
You got it now, and thats the younger Cap (in Caps timeline....)
No Evil Cap exists.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

I think Peggy was always married to Steve too so we had 2 Steves existing at the same time throughout the MCU's run. It's not that different to having 2 Caps dueling it out for the scepter. When Steve also went further back in time with Stark, 2 Steves existed there too (one in the ice).

There are also a lot of examples in the movie where 2 versions of the same character exist in parallel at the same time. So it's safe to assume that Peggy's faceless husband was Steve all along.

I think Peggy was always married to Steve too so we had 2 Steves existing at the same time throughout the MCU's run. It's not that different to having 2 Caps dueling it out for the scepter. When Steve also went further back in time with Stark, 2 Steves existed there too (one in the ice).

There are also a lot of examples in the movie where 2 versions of the same character exist in parallel at the same time. So it's safe to assume that Peggy's faceless husband was Steve all along.

Exactly, except he really was not faceless, when Cap sees Peggy’s desk in the past, there is a picture of HIM on the desk in a frame....why would a married women have a picture of another man on her desk??? Especially all those years later?

The answer is simple.....that picture of Steve, was a picture of her HUSBAND....which naturally would be on a happy wife’s desk....

GOT just outdid Endgame as the greatest cinematic battle ever filmed. Not even LOTR topped this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No , only one Peggy. She married Cap after he goes back for her. Nothing changes for her really. She did marry and have kids, (with Cap) we just didn’t know it. Cap was the Husband all along....all this while the younger Capcicle was waiting to do all the things we saw in the films.

Essentially, there were 2 Caps living at the same time, one slightly older but living with Peggy while his younger self ran around in Avengers. WS, AOU etc etc.

Wait, what? One Peggy married a guy that Steve saved and she had kids with that guy, not Steve.

"That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would... who would become my husband as it turned out."

GOT just outdid Endgame as the greatest cinematic battle ever filmed. Not even LOTR topped this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol what? No it def didn’t. I could barely see what was going on and the ending was so anticlimactic. Lotr killed this

Wait, what? One Peggy married a guy that Steve saved and she had kids with that guy, not Steve.

"That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would... who would become my husband as it turned out."

Well if Steve survived then he was one of the men he saved. The man who would become Peggy's husband. :)

Well, here's my two cents after seeing it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That could actually be the coda for this movie. Just jump in, tune out and enjoy the moments.

That's my two cents....

Well if Steve survived then he was one of the men he saved. The man who would become Peggy's husband. :)

This is an interesting quote.

"Carter recounted her husband's war experience during an interview in 1953, stating that "even after he died, Steve was still changing my life"

Might've been mentioned before, but who here thinks the Black Widow movie will be about

Spoiler Spoiler:

Might've been mentioned before, but who here thinks the Black Widow movie will be about

Spoiler Spoiler:

No kidding huh. I'm almost surprised it wasn't her last word. Turns out to be a sled with space aliens painted on the side, lol.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
yeah it might be another team up movie

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The article explained all that. You didn't read it. :nono

I did read it.. I did not agree with its logic when it came to this film.. It does not add up.

Did your precious article explain how there could be an alternate timeline Cap that appeared back in the first timeline as an old man? Hmm, HMMM? :) So that means he got together with the same Peggy who had been married in her youth. Either to Steve himself or another man that could have died before Steve.

This

Yeah but if you take the MCU films as all being one strung together "reality" then in that one reality Peggy was married at least as far back as the 50's. And old man Steve exists at the tail end of that reality having assumedly also married her (based on his ring and flashback to the dance.) So she either was married to two men, or she was married to one man who was replaced by Steve, or she was always married to Steve. I don't see any way around one of those scenarios being true given what's shown on screen.

So I pick "it was always Steve." But your mileage may vary.

and this..

Russo's came up with an idea so anything goes.. Its dumb but fun.

Exactly, except he really was not faceless, when Cap sees Peggy’s desk in the past, there is a picture of HIM on the desk in a frame....why would a married women have a picture of another man on her desk??? Especially all those years later?

The answer is simple.....that picture of Steve, was a picture of her HUSBAND....which naturally would be on a happy wife’s desk....

Yes.. Nothing like hiding the fact you are married to Steve Rogers by putting a pic of him on your desk...

That reality did not happen yet.. The past is the future and the future is the past.. Per Dr Banner... She would not have a pic of Cap as her Husband until he went back in time... With this films logic the pic would be from the "timeline" Future.

No Evil Cap exists.

Again this cant work... The past becomes caps Future and his present becomes the past..

Basically its either an alternate timeline... AKA Evil Cap gets rid of Husband and kids

Or its just a stuoid movie. :lol

No Evil Cap exists.

I do agree that there would have to be two Caps.. But I don't agree that she was always married to him...

Caps life is on one straight path.... Going back to the past is still his life and it is the future. It never happens until it happens.. So Peggy does not get married to Cap as he had not been able to time travel yet..

He goes back in time.. Kills Peggy's husband and kids and lives Happily ever after.

Or they're just all polygamousts and living in sin.

Back