Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Captain Marvel Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubt someone out there will mod the new sculpt with longer rooted hair to use on the original figure.

Personally I still think the original sculpt is really damn good... even if it's not quite as spot-on.

I'm not going to back to the "I got Captain America TFA for $175" days but $260 used to at least get you an additional head sculpt.

Back in 2011/12, the Red Skull figure included two head sculpts and almost two outfits to make two figures for under $200. That figure was such a value for money when compared to today's standards.

I have no doubt someone out there will mod the new sculpt with longer rooted hair to use on the original figure.

Personally I still think the original sculpt is really damn good... even if it's not quite as spot-on.

That will add another $100+ to root it along with buying the new figure or sculpt.

I might go that route if I see some good customs out there.

The Endgame figure has a better sculpt/paint apps but I prefer the long hair of her solo movie. Probably will hold off on the preorder for now.

Am I the only one who was annoyed in the final battle the setting was that awful and distracting dark, black and orange background that when they finally showed her show up it was hard to see what her EG outfit looked liked fully

Honestly I had no idea the bottom of her outfit looked this unique .. now I?m tempted to get this version :lecture

The scene during the briefing during the first part of the movie had the best look at it, really

RWr6MaK.gif

The gauntlet being the size of a torso, I imagine that's where they're applying that extra price. Nice if you want it, I probably wouldn't display it

The sculpt is pretty great, I would have liked a subtle smirk ala the masterful Yondu sculpt, channel this moment
gSTvmcV.gif

I will say comparing the two I do like this version more than the solo film version. The changes to the outfit really improve her look for me. Still kinda prefer her with longer hair though.

I'm not buying any of the Capt. Marvel figures, but I will admit that it is one tight looking figure. It looks great. I'll wait for Monkey Depot to part one out as I want the 1/6 scale gauntlet for my Infinity Stones collection. Got an extra Tesseract, Aether, Scepter, Orb, and Eye of Agamotto. This completes what's available.

Holy crap, $260 for this? Average price going up and up and up. I miss the days of thinking $200 was good :lol

I'm not going to back to the "I got Captain America TFA for $175" days but $260 used to at least get you an additional head sculpt.

I don't know if you guys have checked out the Birds of Prey Harley. The cheap one is $259, the other is $281. It's absurd, yeah they've got some stuff, but they aren't deluxe releases or anything.

The first Mandalorian figure seems like a standard release, but it's $243 and no headsculpt. Not that I'm asking for one with it, I just mean there's no head painting to jack the cost up any more than it is already. Even the Mando line troopers are almost all re-use and $205-235.

Damn this is an impressive piece....must resist !!

Just looking at the pic itself I'd say the jawline is too wide, but then looking at the "Peter Parker" footage above it looks accurate.

Attachments

• captain-marvel_marvel_silo.jpg
    captain-marvel_marvel_silo.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 202
Great looking figure, but I'm in the minority and actually prefer the look/suit of the first version, so won't be getting this one. :)

Happy for those who wanted this figure though...and of course for Zurdo95D - who looks to be pretty happy with this release! :lol :D

I just came in to read the Zurdo comments 😀

Huh. I genuinely thought they'd do the green suit first. I do like this on the whole though. This shows the sculpt is actually pretty darn good too, even though everyone dogged it at the start. I'm most excited to see Zurdo's response though. :lol

Nice! This looks even better than I imagined. Instant pre-order.

We may have to start a GoFundMe to get Zurdo a ventilator. If they drop the Vers suit anytime soon he's toast.

:rotfl :lol

qR5whlX.gif

:wink1:

Not to mention this version of her had 10-15 min of screen time the whole film .

Maybe when it?s in stock ...not worth the price of a preorder IMO sorry

IIRC she had about three to five minutes of screen time.

The gauntlet being the size of a torso, I imagine that's where they're applying that extra price. Nice if you want it, I probably wouldn't display it

The sculpt is pretty great, I would have liked a subtle smirk ala the masterful Yondu sculpt, channel this moment
gSTvmcV.gif

Yeah!!! I'd definitely want a head sculpt with more expression!!!

WOWOWOWOW this is just incredulous!!!!!! I wouldn't have thought EG final battle Captain Marvel would be coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thud: :thud: :yess: :yess: :yess:

From the promo pictures, she seems to have a better range an movement to her articulation, compared to her first film version. The head sculpt, WOWOWOWOW it looks just liker her again!!!! I'm not too fond of her short haired look, but I still like it and I think it looks darn good :) I find the character personally endearing so I'm all in for ALL the versions of her!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) The price is a bit more than I expected, but it may be due to the EG license, though I'm selective of what figures I choose so I can't be bothered too much.

G'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I JUST CANNOT WAIT FOR HER TO ARRIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get this Endgame Captain Marvel!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to attempt to get a parted out EG battle-damaged Thanos diorama base to place Captain Marvel on with the gauntlet which will be the center of my Captain Marvel shelf with my other Captain Marvels!!!!!!!!!! (Yeah I'm going to have a WHOLE SHELF dedicated to Captain Marvel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

SOOOO much CM goodness!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Damn! This is a $220 piece. I don?t understand why people would pay $260 or more for this figure.

$220 is so three years ago :lol Last one I got for $220 might have been... Drax the Destroyer?

But yeah, I don?t see how this is $260.

ToysWonderland and toysbuyingagent is where I'm buying all my stuff as well. I only use Sideshow when I have reward points from free giveaways.

They overprice, tax and overcharge for their shipping now. Not worth buying from them anymore.

They?ve been doing that for years now unfortunately. My orders from them drastically dropped around 2017.

I?m considering getting the first version now. This one just isn?t doing it for me without the helmet. But the first one is so undersized...

If the helmet was included on this version, would make the price understandable.

Accessories don't matter to me so I am getting this. Soon Hot Toys will be $300 minimum. Get these while its under $300.

Give it two years time. We see them go up $20 every year it seems. I?d turn to statues at that point, but it seems like those have gone up by $200-$300 now.

I'd like to say that's when I'm out...but I'm sure something will suck me in at that price point...

Same thoughts. I said I wouldn?t pay $400 for a diecast figure... I bought three with two more on PO. :lol This damn hobby man :lol

Still does in some cases, like the Iron Spider figure.

Back in 2011/12, the Red Skull figure included two head sculpts and almost two outfits to make two figures for under $200. That figure was such a value for money when compared to today's standards.

$270-$280 figure if it released today.

I don't know if you guys have checked out the Birds of Prey Harley. The cheap one is $259, the other is $281. It's absurd, yeah they've got some stuff, but they aren't deluxe releases or anything.

The first Mandalorian figure seems like a standard release, but it's $243 and no headsculpt. Not that I'm asking for one with it, I just mean there's no head painting to jack the cost up any more than it is already. Even the Mando line troopers are almost all re-use and $205-235.

Maybe the tatoos on the body? Doesn?t explain why Marvel is $260 though.

I don?t get their pricing considering the Miles Morales that released is $267 and is basically enough accessories for two figures with 3 head-sculpts.

The new sculpt has the neck and head as one piece while the original one has the neck and head separate. It wouldn't work if you try to switch them.

As far as adding rooted hair I am sure someone will add it then proudly post pictures of the then inferior looking head. I am always amazed that some people can post pictures of messy looking rooted hair and pretend it looks good. Just look at the recent hot toys Facebook group shot of the female figures. The scarlet witch with rooted hair looks so horrible compared to the rest it stands out.

Not a fan or Capt Marvel but this is a wonderful.
The price sucks but I bet the hot toys for Capt Marvel 2 may prob be close to $300 or even at $300. Maybe this is the chance to get her. The corona virus is making this to be such a tough decision to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking at ordering this either though KGHobby or ToysWonderland and I was wondering if someone could clarify the reward schemes.

KGH give 1 point per $1 = 1799 points
TW give 10 points per $1 = 17,990 points

KGH 1100 points = $20
TW 2000 points = $20

So with KGH i'd get HK$20 worth of rewards with 699 points left over, but with TW I'd get nearly HK$200 worth of rewards.

Does that sound right to anyone? That's seems like an insane amount of rewards for TW to hand out.

I'm also considering using ToysWonderland but concerned the customs duty would potentially push the price way above the RRP. Anyone have any experience with this (to the UK btw).

Back