Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you're joking. I bet even you would have liked it just as much at 2 hours.
Well as I said shortly after it came out I do think that it could have been a viable two hour movie if they trimmed the kids down to just Spider and Sully's youngest son and removed the whales from the story completely (then Spider could have been the one to do something on the command ship to send people into disarray instead of the whale breaching.)

Not that that is the only way to streamline the story but in my mind probably would have been the easiest. I can't imagine liking that version nearly as much though because I really liked all the kids and whale stuff and thought that everything just paid off so satisfyingly in the end.

Well as I said shortly after it came out I do think that it could have been a viable two hour movie if they trimmed the kids down to just Spider and Sully's youngest son and removed the whales from the story completely (then Spider could have been the one to do something on the command ship to send people into disarray instead of the whale breaching.)

Not that that is the only way to streamline the story but in my mind probably would have been the easiest. I can't imagine liking that version nearly as much though because I really liked all the kids and whale stuff and thought that everything just paid off so satisfyingly in the end.
Wor-Gar’s preferred method of watching a movie…

1673540693404.gif

Watched the first one on D+ yesterday, for the first time since 2009.
Now that was definitely a hiatus!
It was pretty OK. Entertaining enough without needing to switch my brain off too much.
Oh boy was it's success down to its pretty graphics and 3D.
Effects aside, a movie with that story and script, though I have no issue with it doing well, really shouldn't be number one of all time at the box office.
Do well, make a profit etc sure. But THAT successful?

Didn't convince me I needed to watch its sequel, a 3 hour movie, after waiting through 30 ads, with an 1 hour 30 round trip drive to the nearest cinema, after finding someone to look after my kids for 5 hours whilst I'm out watching a movie.
Shoot, I can definitely understand being very weary of seeing anything on the big screen with all those hoops to jump through. Hopefully you saw Maverick in the theater?

I'll watch it on D+.
I know it won't have the same impact as seeing it in the cinema, same as Avatar 1 but frankly, if the movie can't stand by its story, script, characters etc and "must" be seen on the big screen, I'm not sure it really deserves my time.
AWOW's story, characters, script, and acting all hold up without "needing" the big screen, much moreso than the original. So keep that in mind at least. Every aspect of Avatar 1 is improved with Avatar 2 and that's pretty much universally agreed upon. So it's a good movie all around, not some divisive mixed bag (or outright travesty depending on your take) like the SW ST. Now if you have "outgrown" Cameron as a couple people here have, and think that even some of his greatest films are now so so, then you may be one of the people who comes away not liking AWOW. But barring that I can easily attest that AWOW has an engaging story with very likable characters (good and bad) with arguably the very best visuals of any movie ever made.

Wor-Gar’s preferred method of watching a movie…

View attachment 617754
:lol

I heard that when he went to the theater on Monday he asked Cameron to just spend 10 minutes acting out the story in the lobby with shadow puppets on the wall and was very disappointed to be ushered to his seat, lol.

:lol

I heard that when he went to the theater on Monday he asked Cameron to just spend 10 minutes acting out the story in the lobby with shadow puppets on the wall and was very disappointed to be ushered to his seat, lol.
Dude you didn’t see Wor-Gar’s post from yesterday when he combined Dr. Doom and Dr. Loomis holy crap…

Are you ready?

Dr. Doomis!

URL]

a8a2ca01ce6c03ec8bcde20f7e2df45d.gif

All just to mess with Victor aka darthkostis aka forever tortured lol

Now that was definitely a hiatus!

Shoot, I can definitely understand being very weary of seeing anything on the big screen with all those hoops to jump through. Hopefully you saw Maverick in the theater?

AWOW's story, characters, script, and acting all hold up without "needing" the big screen, much moreso than the original. So keep that in mind at least. Every aspect of Avatar 1 is improved with Avatar 2 and that's pretty much universally agreed upon. So it's a good movie all around, not some divisive mixed bag (or outright travesty depending on your take) like the SW ST. Now if you have "outgrown" Cameron as a couple people here have, and think that even some of his greatest films are now so so, then you may be one of the people who comes away not liking AWOW. But barring that I can easily attest that AWOW has an engaging story with very likable characters (good and bad) with arguably the very best visuals of any movie ever made.
Sadly I had to watch TGM on streaming. Would have been nice to have seen it on a big screen.

I will give Avatar 2 a watch, once it's on D+. I know it's not the best way to see it but its the option I've got.

Even though found it entertaining, I do think Avatar is Cameron's weakest movie in some ways. Considering I don't consider Avatar to be a bad movie, just lacking in certain ways, I think that says something about how good Cameron's resume is.

Even though found it entertaining, I do think Avatar is Cameron's weakest movie in some ways. Considering I don't consider Avatar to be a bad movie, just lacking in certain ways, I think that says something about how good Cameron's resume is.
I know right. 8 films, all in the good to great range. That's amazing.

Adults love to read their own words, hear themselves talk, sound educated and portray themselves as intellectuals.

Sometimes you just need to put your kid pants on and be entertained. Pretend your twelve and enjoy it for what it is… a movie created for entertainment. Simple.

All of the discussion/dissection gets ridiculous, boring and pointless. It’s just a movie made to be enjoyed. Enjoy the fantasy… or don’t…

I’ll ****-off now that I’ve left my opinion.
Agreed. And an opinion sure to trigger some. ;-)

My brother and I got some movie pass gifts in a fancy cinema for father's day, and my brother finally had some time to go watch a movie. Of course the only halfway interesting option was Avatar WoW, which he hadn't seen...

And no, the movie didn't get any better on second viewing. It's still very entertaining and visually impressive; the action sequences are great (although sometimes I felt Cameron was getting a bit repetitive) and the emotional parts work very well. But I did find myself often thinking how much longer the movie still had to go. And the plot still doesn't make much sense.

Sadly I had to watch TGM on streaming. Would have been nice to have seen it on a big screen.

I will give Avatar 2 a watch, once it's on D+. I know it's not the best way to see it but its the option I've got.

Try to find TGM on the big screen. There is nothing else like it and while I love the film, watching it at home is just not the same.

Back