Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing it in the sequel trailer

airplane-auntie-em.gif

I updated my JC ranking the other day. I have moved Aliens to the top. T1 has been there since day one but Aliens is just so darn effortlessly entertaining and I am constantly rewatching it.

I don’t hate any of his films but the bottom 4 are all fairly interchangeable depending on my mood. I had Avatar at the very bottom until the pre-AWOW watch.

23C6776D-9ADD-4745-89EE-170E4E50EB2F.jpeg

I updated my JC ranking the other day. I have moved Aliens to the top. T1 has been there since day one but Aliens is just so darn effortlessly entertaining and I am constantly rewatching it.

I don’t hate any of his films but the bottom 4 are all fairly interchangeable depending on my mood. I had Avatar at the very bottom until the pre-AWOW watch.
I agree that AWOW does elevate the original film when you consider what lies ahead.

View attachment 614197
Those last two entries really came out of nowhere. I'm still surprised that the mind behind Terminator is responsible for the most talked-about love story until Twilight came around.

Those last two entries really came out of nowhere. I'm still surprised that the mind behind Terminator is responsible for the most talked-about love story until Twilight came around.
Well there is precedence that divorce really changes you as a filmmaker. Just look at Lucas.

We've been inundated with these CGI cartoon/movies for well over 20 years now. It's not impressive. It's just animation. I'm much more impressed when people manage to shoot cool stuff in real life like the fighter jets in Maverick.

oZDxHDP.gif

Why I oughta.... :bat2:

In my defense though I rarely go to the theater any more and have gotten pretty good at pre-selecting movies that I am very likely to enjoy. That wasn't the case with Jurassic World Dominion though, hated that one right from the get go. And Black Adam, skipped that one on the big screen and 10 minutes of it on HBO Max told me I absolutely made the right call, lol. I'll probably still finish it just for the lolz though.

But there have been other terrible movies that I enjoyed for one reason or another on a first viewing only to go "what was I thinking" on the second. ID4-2 and Dark Fate come to mind. Now at least for AWOW I *have* watched it twice and enjoyed it even more the second time.

I still love the first ID4. Thankfully I can easily discard the sequel in my mind. It just totally lost its appeal for me when it was humans with sci-fi technology against Aliens with sci-fi technology and the only way to make us underdogs again was to give the Aliens an even biggerer ship with moar biggerer destruction capability and a Big Alien Boss to fight at the end.

Definitely looking forward to those. And until you mentioned them, I couldn't remember one film I was looking forward to.

Maybe Guardians 3... but I feel like Gunn humor has been played out now.

Oh it definitely has.

Saw this yesterday, and wow, it's a good / great movie. The story is about family, focussing primarily on the Sully clan and there's some great new characters. Visually it's flawless and leagues ahead of anything else. Cameron's direction is so tight, some of the shots in this film had my jaw on the ground.

I hope to hell that Disney releases this on 3D Blu Ray!

I liked the first movie but not enough to want to watch an extended version.
Well, now I don't know what to think. Someone I know said they walked out of A2 halfway through and hated it.
My view is closer to BeefEaster's than to that of Wor-Gar's friend. While I can appreciate Cameron's directorial skills and the technological advances he's introduced to films (and I've never not at least LIKED one of his movies), I simply have no interest in the further adventures of Jake Scully & the Na'vi on Pandora. I'm sure it looks spectacular, but to me it's just unnecessary. Not every movie has to be turned into a franchise. I think Cameron's ego (& his need to once again be "king of the world") is the main reason these sequels exist, not because he actually had compelling stories to tell. I would have preferred that he spent these years developing completely new properties rather than trying to reinvigorate Avatar. Alas, seeing names other than his own at the top of the box office charts was more than he could bear...

Back