Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure no one in the medical field, male or female, would casually vilify testosterone the way the rest of the culture has. Nor would they vilify estrogen. These are hormones that serve very necessary functions in all of us. Too little is a problem, too much is a problem, but to personify and "judge" the hormone itself demonstrates not only a lack of emotional maturity, but a lack of scientific understanding. The irony is many people who do this fancy themselves scientifically or logically minded. Being an ass____ isn't a biological issue.

Tonight's installment of "Rotfish Reads Too Far Into It" is sponsored by Optimum Gold Standard Whey Protein. Optimum: Everyone has goals. We'll help you achieve yours.

Correct, testosterone might be responsible for the world's atrocities but it's also responsible for our species' very survival. There needs to be a distinction between regular and toxic masculinity.

I heard this quote from Eckhart Tolle, which I think perfectly summarizes where we're at:

"We live in a time of collective insanity, with too much intellectual stupidity, and not enough wisdom."

Or as I like to say - too much abundance and free time on our hands so we worry about stupid ****.

There is. One is part of the basic building blocks of humanity on a cellular level, and the other is some made up bull **** buzzword that people like to throw around.
MCU Hulk doesn’t even possess enough testosterone to tell his son he got a bad haircut forget becoming World War Hulk.

I don’t mind the environmental messages. I’d even say that they’re important at this point. I just think that another “humanz bad alienz gud” flick made by some millionaire autist isn’t a good vehicle to touch any important subject. I don’t give two cents about Cameron’s furry fetish and his repulsive looking lanky monkeycat xenos. It’s as if all these “creatives” have forgotten that they’re part of the human race and are attacking their own for no reason. I’m feeling that were an alien invasion to happen, they’d proudly sell everyone out… Hell, If you’re gonna make that type of movie, at least make the aliens cool. Who the Hell finds the Na’vi cool? If I’m gonna sell out Earth for some blue “peach”, it’d look more like this

d1029faac6eb1f18a9aa4da764971957.jpg

BTW, I caught a rip. And by that I mean I skipped around. Jesus, this thing is a repeat of the same exact scenes over and over. Hut, Beach, Hut, Beach, Army Scene, Hut, Beach, Hut… It’s not even an ocean type of movie, they’re just hanging out around their beach and screwing around with their Not!Whales. I’ll always be up for a good summer beach movie, but not like this. 3 hours? Give me a break. I rewatch The Beach multiple times during the summer, and I’m always ready for a 2000s Beach Flick. But The Way Of Water is like someone took those Kingdom Hearts island levels, mixed it with some generic Spesh Maureen cutscenes, and stretched it to 3 hours. What is even wrong with Cameron? I know, I know, “muh 3D”, but since this isn’t an ocean exploration type of movie, I don’t care. I can find some 4K documentary about the reefs and oceans and have a better time.

I genuinely hope it crashes and burns and Cameron can go back to seething about Marvel and whatever else.

64c64ddc-67ee-465a-a0bd-fb4c5041d705_text.gif

PS: Water Chieftain is cooler than Jake Soolee. And Army-Guy-In-Blue-Monkeycat-Body was the only interesting enough character.

Last edited:
/\BEST REVIEW SO FAR/\

:rotfl

Supposedly by Avatar 6 it will be HFR 600fps with QUAD HDR technology.

Musk is building the projector and screens as we speak.

It's for Amazon, though. Will it be sufficiently based?
And therein lies the problem, yeah. But 40K stopped being "based" a long time ago. I'll risk it though. I don't think it'll be great mind you, but it could have some cool bits, like Apple's Foundation. Sure, I skip 90% of the episode and watch only the Cleon scenes, but I really enjoy those 10 minutes per episode... Dunno, maybe with Cavill on board they'll stick close enough to the lore, instead of risking him leaving the project ala Witcher.

I'm buying the JoyToy figures (not everything, between 1/6th and Omnis, 40K toys get my spare change) but the prospect of a true high end 1/6th Spesh Maureen/Commissar/Inquisitor/whatever, is tantalising.

And therein lies the problem, yeah. But 40K stopped being "based" a long time ago. I'll risk it though. I don't think it'll be great mind you, but it could have some cool bits, like Apple's Foundation. Sure, I skip 90% of the episode and watch only the Cleon scenes, but I really enjoy those 10 minutes per episode... Dunno, maybe with Cavill on board they'll stick close enough to the lore, instead of risking him leaving the project ala Witcher.

I'm buying the JoyToy figures (not everything, between 1/6th and Omnis, 40K toys get my spare change) but the prospect of a true high end 1/6th Spesh Maureen/Commissar/Inquisitor/whatever, is tantalising.
Halo TV show at best lol

I've admired the JoyToy line from a far as I, too, would prefer some high-end 1/6.

I've admired the JoyToy line from a far as I, too, would prefer some high-end 1/6.
It's easy to get sucked in, so I just buy a few specific/representative ones. I've dreamed about good and proper 40K toys since I was a lad, I couldn't fully pass on them. The thing is, with how pricey they are, I would've. The only place I found to get them, back when they started, was BBTS. Add shipping and taxes, and a single figure would end up costing me 60-80€, and that's just too much. Eventually shops in my area started bringing them in, but with the same prices due to taxes. In the end I came upon a Chinese shop which uses a system like Kit's, so no shipping and no taxes, which makes them more affordable. Still pricey, but around half the price. I can't build whole armies, but I can get some of my favourite Chapters.

If 1/6th were to happen I can't imagine them being less than 500€ each, but one of each "kind" would do, since in this scale you don't feel the same need to army build like in the smaller ones.

Back