Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And can it top the first one at the box office...?

I'd say probably not...

...BUT, coming out of a pandemic, nothing at the movies really but Maverick... this crazy spectacle might be what people want to get them back into the theaters. Certainly the Xmas crowd will drive huge numbers. But I think after the holiday traffic this should drop considerably.

What's the goal, top BO? 2 billion?

Weird one for me. Can't be bothered to go the cinema for this but at the same time, being an Avatar movie, all it has going for it, is its pretty cgi and how good it looks on a big screen, so waiting to watch it on my own TV is pointless.

First movie left me underwhelmed. Can't say this one will do much for me. Seems like the driving force is to watch it on the big screen. Pretty movies need substance.

First movie left me underwhelmed. Can't say this one will do much for me. Seems like the driving force is to watch it on the big screen. Pretty movies need substance.
Exactly. I don't live anywhere near a cinema. For me to go to the trouble of travelling to one, I have to be really interested in seeing the movie.
The first Avatar looked great on the big screen, but in my personal view, that's all the movie had going for it. The script and the story was nothing special.

Weird one for me. Can't be bothered to go the cinema for this but at the same time, being an Avatar movie, all it has going for it, is its pretty cgi and how good it looks on a big screen, so waiting to watch it on my own TV is pointless.
My feelings exactly. If it is such a spectacle, it deserves to be seen in the theatres, but if the story is a stupid as the first one, it barley deserves to be seen at home.

Avatar - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

600px-Avatar_weapons_image02.jpg

600px-WASP_gun_revolver.jpg

600px-Ava006.jpg

600px-Avatar_3001.jpg

So let's talk about potential toys for a second.

I never understood why no one made a Colonel Quaritch. Unless someone did make one since I was out of the hobby.

But HT has the Jake Sully Big Blue Guy molds already. Think about the figure potential.

Sully as a Big Blue in native/pilot/rider combat gear

Sully in tactical human gear ( make him look like an infantry guy, but with Worthington's head)

Quaritch in a flashback ( military gear with the revolver and the standard issue rifle )

Power armor with flamethrower and that triple barrel gun thing.

Cameron always makes cool looking stuff. The figure potential is here. Just saying....

The Aliens Marines vs Blue Lemurs never interested me.

Some great stunts (if you can call CGI that) and spectacle but a battle I have never watched a 2nd time.

No interest in the Lead Heroes severely limits what "bad guys" I get (guns or no). Plus the crazy scale of the Blue Cats compared to the tiny villains (Humans) makes for a confusing shelf.

I suppose this time around, Cameron is giving us Blue Meanie Quaritch for a good CGI final fight.

Silly looking characters only thing more silly are the female characters from any anime hell even the male characters from any anime lol

Sideshow is polluted with those anime collectibles no wonder they’re financially in trouble being stuck with all of that ugly ridiculous looking crap.

Back