Aurra Sing Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting all the Star Wars PF's exclusives from the start. I almost passed on Asajj Ventress, but stuck with the line because I love star wars.
But I was out when Dooku came out without an exclusive.
Jedi Luke was probably my most anticipated figure and the best SS could come up with was a copy of the gentle giant x wing animated maquette.
For a Jedi Luke pose.
WTF?
I'm happy for anyone who wants this piece. If your collecting focus allows you to get this piece then it will probably be a great PF.
I don't think as highly of the Angelina Jolie Darth Talon statue.
I understand the commerce SS is using. Drag the line out as long as possible and pimp the females for what they are worth. Hey it worked for Marvel and the AH line right?
It's a shame that the SS PF line is ending up with as much substance and quality as anything Lucas has done in the last 2 decades. But star wars kinda died with the invention of the Ewok anyway.

PS share your damn movies in HD you selfish child George!

I would do every PF if I had the space. And I would love to have AS to compliment Darth Talon. But I am not likely to get her. In fact, I will likely give up my Darth Talon or trade her for stuff I had to miss out on this year.

I've been collecting all the Star Wars PF's exclusives from the start. I almost passed on Asajj Ventress, but stuck with the line because I love star wars.
But I was out when Dooku came out without an exclusive.
Jedi Luke was probably my most anticipated figure and the best SS could come up with was a copy of the gentle giant x wing animated maquette.
For a Jedi Luke pose.
WTF?
I'm happy for anyone who wants this piece. If your collecting focus allows you to get this piece then it will probably be a great PF.
I don't think as highly of the Angelina Jolie Darth Talon statue.
I understand the commerce SS is using. Drag the line out as long as possible and pimp the females for what they are worth. Hey it worked for Marvel and the AH line right?
It's a shame that the SS PF line is ending up with as much substance and quality as anything Lucas has done in the last 2 decades. But star wars kinda died with the invention of the Ewok anyway.

PS share your damn movies in HD you selfish child George!

was it Star Wars that kinda died or the little child in you? its a movie. it's for fun. the premium formats are for fun. SST is trying to make everyone happy, so have some fun.

regardless of what people think of the character, this is going to be a great sw product. great pose, base design, gears, this is going to be a visually stunning piece.

I agree with others that there certainly are some characters I would have rather seen first - if we're talking bounty hunters, Greedo is at the top of my list.

I hadn't even thought of Greedo, but he would have been a MUCH better choice and would have made 95% of fans happy because he is classic, popular, and OT as well as an original, cool design. Classic Han PF next to Greedo PF ftw...especially if the EX would have been the bar table.

Jeesh, the more characters that people list that would have been a better choice just further increases my disappointment on this one. O'well, I got my Jedi Luke and we know a new Darth Vader is in development, so I am patient. :D

I hope that Aurra Sing is only the first of many Pod Race spectators we see in Premium Format. They're a vital part of Star Wars and I hope we see them all.

jim_sw1_extra_l.jpg

:banana:banana sarcasm is awesome

I love the SW PF's. OT more then prequels. But lately SS is just all over the place with characters to represent in PF.
I think the aurra sing looks good, but i dont like her enough to spend $300 USD on her. Same goes for Darth Talon.
Why SS oh why are you not doing characters like Mara Jade, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Padme, Obi Wan prequel, Qui Gonn, Emperor rotj, Sidious, Mace Windu, royal guard, tie pilots, sandtroopers, gosh theres endeless 'popular' characters to do, characters worth $300 a pop. $300 (or likely more in the year to come) is just way too expensive for obscure characters. I know a lot of people whinge about too many lukes, but i would buy another luke or han over this. Im hoping SS hits some big home runs on esb 30th anniversary!! until now, not too happy, but thats better for me, cause dont have to spend money :D

i'm going to call another one as I see it.

SSC IS AFRAID TO PRODUCE TOO MANY HIGH DEMAND ITEMS FOR FEAR OF CANCELLATIONS,

IE they are afraid to come out with too many items that will need to be produced in the thousands. They just did it with Jedi Luke, I think they want to produce stuff that maybe will only sell a few 100 units because they don't want to risk being left with too many items in case the QC is subpar like some of their recent items and they end up with mass returns. For them its a way to also put a little feather in their cap by producing an extremely limited item. Never mind that most SW fans ould give a rip about the character.

Last edited:
I still love the character design. All weirdo, bald, white alien chicks deserve PF treatment. Here's a sketch of Aurra by a pal of mine named David Rabbitte. Wicked!

aurra.jpg

i'm going to call another one as I see it.

SSC IS AFRAID TO PRODUCE TOO MANY HIGH DEMAND ITEMS FOR FEAR OF CANCELLATIONS,

IE they are afraid to come out with too many items that will need to be produced in the thousands. They just did it with Jedi Luke, I think they want to produce stuff that maybe will only sell a few 100 units because they don't want to risk being left with too many items in case the QC is subpar like some of their recent items and they end up with mass returns. For them its a way to also put a little feather in their cap by producing an extremely limited item. Never mind that most SW fans ould give a rip about the character.

I would say no. This is an offering for people who enjoy the entire genre of Star Wars vs. the boring little box that the OT elitists live in. Does she have the broad appeal of the SW A-listers? No. But she does have appeal, just like Talon does. It's funny how you don't comment about major releases like Jedi Luke per say, but every release with a smaller ES is a chicken-little exercise in how they're trying to cut corners and gip collectors because they're afraid to lose money. C'mon bud, if that were true, they'd just do the A-listers with small enough edition sizes that they're guaranteed to sell out and turn a small profit vs. taking risks on the more popular D-listers and EU characters. :lol

Actually I think there might be some truth to the idea that Sideshow is saving the "big guns" for later when the economy is a bit better and people have more disposable income.

Actually I think there might be some truth to the idea that Sideshow is saving the "big guns" for later when the economy is a bit better and people have more disposable income.

Again, then why release this at all? I can't think of a bigger gun than the one they just unholstered, that being Jedi Luke. And don't forget, before Luke, there was Talon, but before her was Yoda/501st and Dooku before him.

Why release it? Because some people will like it, and it'll fill up the release schedule for the moment. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But I think it's a possible explanation.

Why release it? Because some people will like it, and it'll fill up the release schedule for the moment. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, and maybe we're reading too much into it. But I think it's a possible explanation.

I don't. It'd make more sense to release a less expensive dio or 12" to fill the release schedule then go balls out on designing a character who lacks mass appeal.

Again, then why release this at all? I can't think of a bigger gun than the one they just unholstered, that being Jedi Luke. And don't forget, before Luke, there was Talon, but before her was Yoda/501st and Dooku before him.

Jedi Luke isn't the end all, just one of the most requested pieces. Remember even from the OT alone we still are in need of Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, Darth Vader from ROTJ to compliment, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot Luke (which would look phenomenal in PF), TIE Fighter Pilot, not to mention a few of the Cantina Aliens, a couple of the Bounty Hunters, maybe they'll get so daring as a Wampa...that's just from the OT. Trust me they haven't crested the possibilities yet especially if you add in the PT which is why there is so much complaining. Its a nice seat filler though for people to recoup their wallets and build up for the next "big" release.

Jedi Luke isn't the end all, just one of the most requested pieces. Remember even from the OT alone we still are in need of Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, Darth Vader from ROTJ to compliment, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, X-Wing Pilot Luke (which would look phenomenal in PF), TIE Fighter Pilot, not to mention a few of the Cantina Aliens, a couple of the Bounty Hunters, maybe they'll get so daring as a Wampa...that's just from the OT. Trust me they haven't crested the possibilities yet especially if you add in the PT which is why there is so much complaining. Its a nice seat filler though for people to recoup their wallets and build up for the next "big" release.

It's also a nice nod to the people who're actually fans of the character and/or just want this piece. If they're hurting financially, or not wanting to take a risk, producing Aurra as a PF, one of their most expensive formats, would be a stupid decision from a business standpoint when they could just as easily have done another character that would've guaranteed money in the bank. That's all I'm saying.

Back