Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised nobody has mentioned the processing email that came yesterday. Shouldn't be too long now.

Because of timing, I'm converting mine to flex so I won't be getting it for awhile but I'm excited, I really like the Rancor and this should go great with it.

Because of timing, I'm converting mine to flex so I won't be getting it for awhile but I'm excited, I really like the Rancor and this should go great with it.

It'll definitely make for a nice companion piece.

It will join the Rancor on the GC list - after the 2nd chance. :lecture

I'm curious to see the in hand shots, I'm not really worried, but still woudl like to know how he turned out. Even if Leia looks a little off, much like the Rancor dio, what matters most to me is Jabba, that's my main draw to these, the creatures, the people with them just add to the scene, but with the numerous Luke and Leia and Gamorrean pieces I have, I'm not buying these dios for top notch depictions of them.

So somebody on Statueforum apparently got one of these way back on the 1st. They posted some photos starting on this page. It looks pretty good, but what on earth is going on with the nostrils? I thought maybe it was just that the flash was illuminating them in an odd way, but his shots without a flash look as bad. If this is the way it looks, I think I'm going to have to repaint the nostrils.

DSC_7003.jpg

Other than that detail, he looks great, very happy about that. Leia's paint looks really good, she looks very pissed off.

What's with the "snot green" color in his nostrils? :dunno

Other than that, it looks pretty good. Leia turned out very well.

It's so darkly lit in the scene, but maybe they were trying to make it look like he had extra snot from being choked.

I just don't understand how something like this happens, though. I mean, how does this shot from the movie:

choking_jabba_screenshot.jpg

And this prototype:

ss_jabba_leia_dio_proto.jpg

Result in these nostrils?

jabba_leia_dio_nostrils.jpg

There is a hint of green in there somewhere in the prototype, but it almost looks to me like they skipped a step in the painting process. I'm hoping that's what it is, but I doubt it. At least it's a relatively simple fix. The rest of the piece looks about as good as you can expect (i.e. not nearly as nice as the proto, but relatively well done).

Back