Aurra Sing Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm trying so hard to stick to just a few lines and only OT SW stuff but you have to admit there are some visually stunning characters, etc. from the PT and the EU.

The PF looks pretty cool so far and I've always liked the idea of Aurra Sing as a character and her design.

Like so many things begun in each prequel though, she never appeared in another flick even though she was supposed to be this mysterious character that would be introduced. Too bad.

Still probably wouldn't get it though. If she actually popped up in the other prequels, she would be a lot more enticing.

Greedo I'd like to see - but none of the other bounty hunters are really of interest to me. Their designs just aren't very cool. A guy in a Gorn mask? A guy made up as a mummy stormtrooper? A garbage disposal?

But I'm pretty psyched about Aurra - yes, it's another hot chick - but it's also a pretty cool design of an evil character. I'm more interested in this one than Darth Cruella or Asajj.

its funny how you trivialize the designs of bossk, dengar and ig 88 but some bald chick with simple white make up and a vest is "cool". :lol

Different strokes i guess.

Another perplexing Sideshow selection that appeals to only a thin slice of the Star Wars market. If they are 'bored' with the main characters, there are dozens of alternatives more worthy of PF figure.

i am thrilled that SST considers ALL Star Wars fans...

it will be interesting to see how this figure fares a few years from now after her character is fleshed out in the upcoming Star Wars television show...

i am thrilled that SST considers ALL Star Wars fans...

it will be interesting to see how this figure fares a few years from now after her character is fleshed out in the upcoming Star Wars television show...

Assuming

A) there is a show
B) Its lasts more then a few eps

An interesting choice. Overhyped in the first film for sure, but she seems to be coming into her own in the expanded universe stuff now. I like the sculpt so far, and the base looks cool, but I don't know if that will be enough to swing her as a pf purchase for me. I am happy to see more female characters getting the pf treatment, but I think I'd like to see a shaak ti first.

imagesnoring3.jpg

its funny how you trivialize the designs of bossk, dengar and ig 88 but some bald chick with simple white make up and a vest is "cool". :lol

Different strokes i guess.
Don't forget she's a hot chick. But seriously MY impression of the other bounty hunters has always been underwhelmed. There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Assuming

A) there is a show
B) Its lasts more then a few eps

Lucas has said they'll he'll produce 100 episodes whether he has a network to carry it or not.

If you think that Aurra "Look at the needless TPM cameo by a character you've never seen before and won't again that means nothing fanboys!!" Sing is better than any OT bounty hunter...

Backpacks_thrown.gif

Don't forget she's a hot chick. But seriously MY impression of the other bounty hunters has always been underwhelmed. There's something about Aurra that just...sings.

Lucas has said they'll he'll produce 100 episodes whether he has a network to carry it or not.

she's not hot in my book, no way. she's thin, but that hardly makes hot. she has a ugly face and boney body, IMO. but yeah I can understand that SSC typically has the mind set that any chick with tight clothing would sell since they do for most other lines.

but sw has soo many fans they don't need to resort to that to sell items.

Diversity in the line is a good thing in general, but I did find this to be a curious announcement. I'll have to see the painted version to decide whether or not I'll get it.

I guess when you think about it, there are basically six PF's that we know of in the pipeline. Three are absolute staples of the franchise (Jedi Luke, C3PO, Yoda/Clone), One is a PT necessity (Dooku) and Two are niche characters (Talon, Sing). From a customer perspective, I think it gives the PT/OT only collectors a little break on the wallet, while providing the fans of the PF medium and Star Wars in general an opportunity to flesh out a diverse collection. All in all, Sideshow is still kicking butt with this line, IMHO...

I always felt that this was such a forced character. George Lucas kept saying that people loved Boba Fett, so he wanted to make another Boba Fett for the prequels. She didn't really do much in TPM, and was not featured again. I can think of so many other SW characters that should come first.

If this is what he wanted, then she should've been in AOTC instead of Zam Wesell. I think I heard that originally was the plan, anyway.

Last edited:
This is definitely a character I would never have expected to see given a PF. But, like some of the other odd choices to me it makes me think the series has a lot of strength or they would not be making obscure characters like this.

Back