Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man...see it for 260.00 at an e-shop i buy from BUT there seems to be way too many problems with this thing right out of the box...and that "horse stand" looks atrocious for displaying..meh..on the fence...

finished futzing my set. image.jpg

Thanks CanadianBrandon, I hope i get the replacement body soon also because this body is so frustrating to work with. Otherwise great piece to stare at :)

I finally got around to picking up one of the standalone horses, I have a couple aci ringwraiths already. There are only 3 horses left in standard condition at bbts for anyone interested.

I'm spacing the legs right now, and weathered the cloth under the saddle with sandpaper(wish the cloth wasn't so thin). Thinking of adding a couple bloody wounds, and possibly stealing WG's nail idea giving him full credit of course:). After a little research I'm planning on using an acrylic paint mix of burnt sienna and traditional red for the blood. Painted toothpick tips for the nails? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, but not really my idea I just ripped off yours. I think I'll probably try to hold the toothpicks in place with a tiny dab of super glue and add a little blood. If I ever move past exclusively using my phone to post here I'll try to put up a pic of the results when I'm done.

Hi, complete 1/6 newbie in England UK, no one local to ask, just started collecting a few 1/6 LOTR's figures as my first, so I'm guessing a lot with this stuff.

I'm going to buy a Ringwraith, thought I should get the ACI one for the die cast armour, was thinking I'd maybe also buy a set of the Asmus Ringwraith robes loose to use on it though as they look much better. But the Asmus figure on horse above looks superb. Can't afford to import a set from USA as shipping & customs make it too much money & I can't get it in a set in EU, only the Ringwraith horse on it's own. So at the moment I'm thinking of using an ACI Ringwraith with Asmus robes on an Asmus horse.

Am I right about the ACI having metal armour & the Asmus one plastic? And has anyone got an informed view on whether the ACI Ringwraith with die cast armour would work with the Asmus horse & it's resin / plastic armour, or would the metal armour make the plastic armour noticeably plastic?

edit - and thinking about it, is the ACI ringwraith version any better than the Asmus version to be worth the extra expense & trouble? I guess I could get them all.

I think it all depends on your budget. I would have loved to own the ACI with the die-cast pieces. The Asmus Nazgul can be futzed with to look great. The Asmus version has inferior body used (loose joints, brittle plastic etc.) that's why they're replacing it with better ones.

I have faith in Asmus though with their future releases.

Back