Asmus Toys: Nazgûl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh, animarket is sold out. Mine arrived from them today, but we have guests for the long weekend and I have to pretend I don't want to spend a good hour or two indulging in the obligatory unboxing ritual. I briefly inspected the figures but I keep catching the boxes in the corner of my eye, like Christmas presents on the 23rd of December.

lol I hear you man, I have a few figures here I havent been able to open because of a constant stream of visitors and having my hands full with a fresh baby :)

soon, im gonna get to have fun with my plastic goodies!

lol I hear you man, I have a few figures here I havent been able to open because of a constant stream of visitors and having my hands full with a fresh baby :)

soon, im gonna get to have fun with my plastic goodies!

You got a fresh baby? Congrats! :rock

Thanks man! You're damn right about the sleep thing, it's instantly become the most rare and valuable thing for me haha

CanadianBrandon is getting both this and the ACI version? I'm interested to see them side by side (hint hint) :)

Haha if they hurry up and arrive soon I'd be more than happy to post some photos of them side by side. At this rate someone else might beat me to it :p

10934354_10155197798325157_1917298209_n.jpg10941794_10155197798430157_138594742_n.jpg

Very disappointed in this figure QC, just out of the box, right foot was falling off , it fell off and the peg broke. The hand was another issue, I heated it up a bit to switch hands, and the joint fell apart, now I'm afraid of trying to fix it inside the arm because it might break too....

Also, if you take a closer look, you can notice that the armor is not painted, its black.

10947824_10155197523970157_24783925_n.jpg

The certificate that came with the horse + nazgul combo... Doesn't have a number.

Lots of flaws still. I really wanted to like this figure, but its falling apart by itself.

View attachment 160422View attachment 160423

Very disappointed in this figure QC, just out of the box, right foot was falling off , it fell off and the peg broke. The hand was another issue, I heated it up a bit to switch hands, and the joint fell apart, now I'm afraid of trying to fix it inside the arm because it might break too....

Also, if you take a closer look, you can notice that the armor is not painted, its black.

View attachment 160424

The certificate that came with the horse + nazgul combo... Doesn't have a number.

Lots of flaws still. I really wanted to like this figure, but its falling apart by itself.

:gah: :cuss :ohbfrank:

That's very disappointing Sankari. I hope by contacting Asmus that you can get the defective figure replaced.

I don't think the cards are meant to be numbered beyond ____/1500. This just indicates the edition size, rather than when each figure was produced or packed.

I've just had a chance to take mine out of the box and check out the figure.

First impressions aren't great. This is the least impressive out-of-the-box figure I've bought, though I escaped any broken joints/limbs. The right foot keeps falling off because the ankle ball is not housed deeply enough in the socket. I'm a set-and-forget type, so it's not going to affect me too much, but it's sloppy design.

I don't think sacrificing a seamless hood for a supposedly better shape has worked. The in-hand pics of the ACI seem fine to me shape-wise, and without the seam. And the seam is prominent, there's no hiding it even in low light.

The costume doesn't hold up at scale. The frayed edges don't look like they've been worn away through wear, but from being cut and, well, frayed a bit. This looks especially weird paired with the highly regular pattern that has been used, which features very even zig-zag cuts.

The weathering is non-existent, except for a couple of residue spots that I'm sure aren't a deliberate application.

The ACI version is of course a LOT more expensive - but I'd be interested to see how these hold up side by side.

I'm glad I got the horse to go with this figure - I haven't opened the horse box up yet, but it would seem that the horse will disguise a lot of the figure's shortcomings, and the figure will disguise a lot of the horse's shortcomings.

At this point I'm 'meh' about the set. It wasn't a bad price considering where other companies are at with their MSRPs, but it doesn't feel like a bargain. It feels like a set that is priced pretty much to expectations, with a bit of disappointment that the changes required to lift it a great deal appear pretty minor.

Once I've water-treated it and futzed it for display I may take a more generous view of it though.

I felt the same Lejuan about the Nazgul but once I got him onto the horse it does take on a different appearance. Would be great to see how ACI version looks on the steed

I don't think the cards are meant to be numbered beyond ____/1500. This just indicates the edition size, rather than when each figure was produced or packed.

Perhaps that's true... but odd then to have a blank spot for a number. Why not just say "part of a 1500 set".

Sorry to hear the disappointed review. Just when things started to look upward on this set, more in hand reviews seem to be a "disappointment" out of the box. So far, with WK, Gothmog, Guritz and Gandalf, I have not felt disappointment. I'm preparing myself now to lower my expectations on this one. Ashamed too, considering this Horse/Nazgul set is only $60 more than Luke Pilot.

One thing: the Nazgul looks like its on a shorter body than the WK -- is that true?

If I were to be more kind about the set, I'd have to point out that this is not a pair that will be staying in the box. I still have figures like DX11, '66 Batman & Robin and the 4th Doctor still in their boxes because they don't quite fit with my set-up at the moment. But I'm going to find room for it set no matter what. I think it can look good as a display piece. Some weathering and tweaking of the costume/fabric parts will definitely take it to another level, but it could hold up stock with water treatment and futzing.

I still haven't reached a conclusion about the set, my last post was just initial impressions :)

10937524_10155198933330157_291285792_n.jpg

More first impressions : Horse - very bad. Not stable at all, can't hold a pose without the stand. The legs aren't on the same height or inclination. I had to resort to the stand. Again, bad , bad quality control, one of the hooves is loose, falling off. Had to reattach it. Seriously, so far I'm disappointed with this set. I got it as a gift from my girlfriend so I'll work my best to leave it in a satisfactory condition, but right out of the box, I would say its not up to the standards that I'm used to, and I could even say its badly assembled.

Here is the best picture I could take from it, using the stand. Again, only using the stand because he couldn't stand on his own legs.

What?! The horse can't hold a pose without the stand? I'm going to have to unbox mine then, I thought it was a given that it'd at least be able to stand up on its own. I'm sorry you got such a bad example, I'll post here once I've opened mine and can compare notes with that you've pulled out of the box. I really hope yours can be sorted out.

What?! The horse can't hold a pose without the stand? I'm going to have to unbox mine then, I thought it was a given that it'd at least be able to stand up on its own. I'm sorry you got such a bad example, I'll post here once I've opened mine and can compare notes with that you've pulled out of the box. I really hope yours can be sorted out.

Mine came with unstable, bendy legs, and loose hooves. One of the hooves is even falling off

10937543_10155198991035157_143301266_n.jpg

Back