Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked my order status.
Paid..
but unfulfilled!!!

Will be interesting to see how this pans out now as I ordered pretty much the morning it went live.

Asmus has spent weeks and possibly months reading people’s comments on how they were getting rid of their Asmus Gandalfs and getting InArts. I’m sure they don’t want to invest too many resources into doing a whole bunch of Gandalf heads with the chance of being stuck with them. I’m sure they will do more, they will just come in spurts as they make smaller orders and sell out

Simple solution is to put it up for preorder though, no?

Simple solution is to put it up for preorder though, no?
yep, simple solution would be putting it up for PO and posting it on their respective Instagram/Facebook page with clearly stated cut off time for the PO, then produce that amount what was preordered in that certain timeframe and everyone would be happy.

Mine arrived this morning. I must say, it's a massive improvement on the original head. Now I don't have to have him stood in the corner, head bowed and hat lowered in embarrassment! Also came with another new plastic hat and a small Frodo figurine.

Forgive the rubbish photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_133308.jpg
    IMG_20230821_133308.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
The eyes look good, but my problem is that the face is GtW design, and I can't unsee it. For instance, the eyebrows are different.
Yeah, I think if they'd done something with the eyebrows, it would have finished it off nicely.

Still, it's good enough for me that I'm no longer embarrassed to show his face, and also good enough that I'm content with my previous decision to cancel my Inart Gandalf to save some pennies.

It looks good. I still would have preferred they had done this with with the GtG sculpt. I just prefer that one for this particular iteration of the character. Oh well.

Anyway, I've been working on the eyes. I think this is the best I can get them. I tried to reduce the space between the eyes as much as I could.

20230821_103144.jpg

The eyes look good, but my problem is that the face is GtW design, and I can't unsee it. For instance, the eyebrows are different.
The same issue with me and the reason why I did not PO that sculpt even though it was available at the time I checked. Now looking to sell him off to recuperate some toward the InArt iteration.

The new Gandalf the Grey replacement head sculpt arrived! (...precisely when he meant to...)

There is no denying that I prefer this sculpt over the original. The sculpted eyes alone elevate it over the original PERS.

They also included the plastic hat and a cool little Frodo toy!

Here are some quick pics showing the head sculpt taken immediately out of the packaging and with absolutely no futzing:

gtg hs 1.jpg

gtg hs 2.jpg

gtg hs 3.jpg

gtg hs 4.jpg

gtg hs 5.jpg

gtg hs 6.jpg

Back