Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it does look cool. This figure was hyped for a reason and before inart was despite the eyes a very good figure.

I think collectors can be too harsh tjese days. Years ago this would be incredible.
To me it's still incredible the eyes were a misfire tho it depends on the angle. Accessories, great sculpt, no skimping on fabric. I like my V1 too.

Passing on the InART I have enough Gandalf, from WETA as well.

We will have about a dozen copies of new GtG head available in our webstore on 15th.
if anyone is interested, please don't miss out.
Dear ASMUS you know that is not enough, but it is good to know production is ongoing!👍

We will have about a dozen copies of new GtG head available in our webstore on 15th.
What is the cost? Will there be more made (15 hardly seems enough)? Can the eyes on the original heads be "fixed" and, if so, have you considered doing an exchange program for the new heads or some other refurbishing arrangement?

Nice to see that Asmus is offering the GtG sculpt after all these years!

me too.
and I don't have GtG...yet.
But it looks to GtW standards.
I have the new hat from my Bilbo so am keen to see it on the sculpt.
Just need a body now 😁
If you're interested, I have both the Asmus original and the Crown release I'm willing to let go. Feel free to send me a PM (I can't send you one for some reason).

Well, that happened fast, lol! I asked Asmus to notify me when they’re in stock again, I guess that’s the best I can do. No preorder option for the upgraded GtG head sculpt that I could see.

Last edited:
Dear Asmus: Is there going to be any more GTG headscuplts? I just missed out.
Me too.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

We all knew that wouldn't be enough, so when is the next wave of release:monkey2

Well, that happened fast, lol! I asked Asmus to notify me when they’re in stock again, I guess that’s the best I can do. No preorder option for the upgraded GtG head sculpt that I could see.

That would be sensible, to add a PO!

Noooooo!!!! First time I have missed out on an Asmus offering. Didn’t get a chance to check the forum until now. Really, really hoping more get made.

I will pass... with the amount I have already paid for the original release, another $120 is just the price for the InArt one. Hell2dNo. Good luck to those who will go for it tho.
Yeah, same. I've been sick the past couple of days and when I missed the release I realised I wasn't disappointed. I'm just not invested in these things like I once was and I can't justify the price (about $190 Australian dollars).

I'll either change my mind if more are offered, put Gandalf back in the box ... or try my hand at making the beard myself. If anyone knows of any decent tutorials, send 'em my way! :)

Back