Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current buyer photos, have a look ya :)

9bf61a51163dff34c38238ada1e1242f.jpg
e3a1a569ae9f50464df3e2d297e520eb.jpg
57fcb7793e7f2f8438305643e70ec4dc.jpg
884391af9cb0deb464a08f192d6de817.jpg
fe58c5cda762c16e48cc0c65ef56ab7d.jpg
fb76139c8482299ed73951e44244704f.jpg
e49fe48504c00be79ca9f3b84d5f8a8e.jpg
b5f5fa6c9d6fb862e4e9937d87865867.jpg
6ca49c3e055d3dc432f5608e6bbeb4cf.jpg
766a12d29e6ce3ae9edb6a2dd7f01698.jpg

Well Ill be honest, the lighting in those pictures is doing it no favors. Ill have to judge myself when it’s in hand.

I have never seen more horrible internet pictures in my life.....

Does anyone understand you have to futz anymore? I mean now we just rip it out of the box, take some terrible iPhone pics and post it for views?

Take some pride in you photography your cretins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugly out of the box photos seem to be a near a timely tradition :rotfl

Looks great, out of those photos, some of them are futzed and looks nice. Especially the one with the hair combed.

Thank you Kuanyon and Rzeznikk for posting these.

2 things i will knock Asmus is that the eyes are set in too deep and eye color is too blue.
Enterbay and Hot Toys had these issues in their early eye moving figures. Worst case was DX05 Indiana Jones. Ironically, none of the photos have his eyes positioned.

Overall still a great looking figure. Will probably need to sit down and style the hair properly to bring this to life.

Welcome :)~just sharing.lot of people complain about the deep eye issue on other forum...and i heard that, the final product is without Gandalf pipe ya~asmus reply due to copy right:slap

LOL ....am out! thankfully only a 20 dollar preorder, that i can live with.....spud mckellen over here i can live without!:rotfl

LOL ....am out! thankfully only a 20 dollar preorder, that i can live with.....spud mckellen over here i can live without!:rotfl

Great news! Looks like it will be someone?s lucky night since so many folks out there are seeing these pictures and regretting not locking in a preorder.
Big win all around. Asmus still gets to sell the figure you cancel to someone in the long line of people who missed out, and a lucky collector gets a new centerpiece for their 1/6 scale LOTR collection.

Very honorable to cancel your pre-order. You have my respect surfin4 ! One man's trash is another ones treasure.
The fact you are cancelling your order and not keeping it to scalp to some desperate collector is worth praise. Rock on man ! ! !

I think the final production looks great.....initial horrible pictures is the standard now and doesn’t phase me. Looking forward to another 1/6 Gandalf in the collection

i heard that, the final product is without Gandalf pipe ya~asmus reply due to copy right:slap

That can't be. Why would the licensor have an issue with the pipe of all things? It was already part of one release, no way that suddenly changes out of the blue. That doesn't make sense. I wonder if Asmus forgot to make it. If so, that's very disappointing.

Yeah, what is it with the absolutely atrocious initial photos taken with an iPhone 3 (with like, every new figure)? This thing looks spectacular in any of the photos where even the slightest bit of care was put in both in photography and futzing. Anybody who's been in this hobby for even a short while should know this by now...

Also on the topic of the pipe, is it not like, right there in the picture of the trays? :slap

Edit: ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

No panic, just to show there is no hard feelings heres my Order No.2019062619289, if somebody wants to get in touch with asmus and see if they can hop on it, go for it!

Back