Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a custom, this was posted yesterday in One Sixth Republic FB page by a guy on behal of "Viper studio".
That's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/onesixthrepublic/permalink/2211141118909183/

The text:
Viper Studio 1:6 Figure work(White Pilgrim)

Hello everyone, this is viper studio. After two-years development on our new product, we are now glad to announce that the development of Gandolf the White Robe is about to finish (Only weapons are left in production).

Our team has spent plenty of time on restoring movie accuracy, focusing on every detail of the character to make it as perfect as possible. The final results turned to be worth it.

-Clothing: we use the same embroidery craft as the movie.

-Leather boots and belt: we adopt real suede material, which is completely handmade.

-Head sculpt : manually rooted hair & beard

-Accessories: We are likely to use silver as the material of all metal accessories (still in the experiment).

This is just a preview, not for pre-order. We are going to provide further details about this figure in our next official announcement.

Please leave comments below if you are interested. Thank you for your support!

And another pic:View attachment 444868

Clothing seems to be gorgeous... With some little changes to the face it could be breathtaking.
:)

I've heard of Viper before. Don't believe they've ever done large releases before. Asmus has shown a great Gandalf the Grey so I'm expecting an equally fantastic Gandalf the White. Wish White would have come first since Grey was more recently released. Either way, I'm getting both when they are released.

From Asmus Facebook page Screenshot_20190219-091745.jpgFB_IMG_1550560655143.jpgFB_IMG_1550560657636.jpg

So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing! Looking forward to his reveal!

I have both the previous GtG and GtW figures, but I would totally double-dip on both if he looks as good as what we're starting to see here! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys on this!

:rotfl Nice logic! I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind! :lol

Lol. It already crossed my mind. I think I will have to let go one of my old Gandalfs though. No reason for me to own 5 (2 original release GtG, and 1 GtW plus 1 of each of the new versions). It’s hard enough explaining to my wife why I have two of each fellowship member. In my defense I am down to owning only two Hot Toys Superhero figures, Star Wars has drastically shrunk and Sparrow’s days might be numbered. Lol.

Lol. It already crossed my mind. I think I will have to let go one of my old Gandalfs though. No reason for me to own 5 (2 original release GtG, and 1 GtW plus 1 of each of the new versions). It’s hard enough explaining to my wife why I have two of each fellowship member. In my defense I am down to owning only two Hot Toys Superhero figures, Star Wars has drastically shrunk and Sparrow’s days might be numbered. Lol.

Poor Sparrow! :lol That would be a lot of Gandalfs - almost enough for a Gandalf fellowship! I might end up getting the two versions, I do like the character and I could always put Grey with my Hobbit figures and White with the LOTR ones. :)

I would dearly love to get an Asmus Gandalf the Grey but man, the price, ouch... So I'm considering instead maybe trying to find a used (but unblemished) Asmus Gandalf the White. I feel I would have to try to find a modded head sculpt for him since the gaps from the side view showing the neck joint is a total buzzkill.

I see that a new company in Asia is making "Gandolf the Pilgrim" with rooted hair and it does look sensational. It will probably be beyond my pocketbook, though. But maybe some knockoffs of that rooted hair sculpt will eventually make it onto the market.

I dunno... just mulling over options. Any feedback or ideas about this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: Oops! NM I just saw the thread started a few days ago on Asmus' upcoming release of LotR Gandalf the Grey!

I would dearly love to get an Asmus Gandalf the Grey but man, the price, ouch... So I'm considering instead maybe trying to find a used (but unblemished) Asmus Gandalf the White. I feel I would have to try to find a modded head sculpt for him since the gaps from the side view showing the neck joint is a total buzzkill.

I see that a new company in Asia is making "Gandolf the Pilgrim" with rooted hair and it does look sensational. It will probably be beyond my pocketbook, though. But maybe some knockoffs of that rooted hair sculpt will eventually make it onto the market.

I dunno... just mulling over options. Any feedback or ideas about this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'd wait it out to see if they offer Slim versions of both the new Gandalf the White and the Grey sculpts. They'll both be coming with rooted hair and rooted beard apparently. I'd be very surprised if they only plan to release the new updated heads without offering a Slim version of the whole figure! That said, if you can pick up an older Gandalf the White with the original cobbled base, there is a simple mod you can do to lower the head a bit so it sits better on his shoulders.

Here's mine. Certainly not perfect but looks better than it did out of the box. I also painted the hair and beard as it was more grey than white and painted the vest and belt to look more screen accurate. Also dyed the bottom skirt as it's more an off white in the movie. That said, can't wait to get the updated head for it!

20190223_172814.jpg

@Kalkylen Thanks for your feedback! I'm gonna wait for the Asmus LotR Gandalf the Grey. And hopefully they'll issue an LotR Gandalf the White as welll, also with rooted hair and beard as the GtG prototype shows.

If Asmus makes a LotR Gandalf the White, I'd be over the moon if along with it comes Shadowfax. Omg.

Also, would love to see a slightly longer staff for GtW with an LED glowing light at the top.

(It does flash briefly but brightly when Gandalf heals Theoden.)

If Asmus makes a LotR Gandalf the White, I'd be over the moon if along with it comes Shadowfax. Omg.

Also, would love to see a slightly longer staff for GtW with an LED glowing light at the top.

GTW is on the way,
it will be rooted hair and beard.

Don't know about light up stuff, but we will try.

That first gtw reminds me of the return of the king game not the movie.
So glad we are getting a new version.
Is there an idea on when we will be able to pre order them ?

Any news on the development of Gandalf the White? Are you planning to update the costume as well if it is a full release (I mean a full figure)?

Back