Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures, reposted below...

K.Bowen: I have the same issue as you with the hair (sounds like many do -- likely the only way Asmus could get the hair to not look too thick and poofy. I will try George's suggested fix. I will likely keep the hat on too.

More pictures from my review :)

8FDaxtz.jpg

uV0ZhnD.jpg

sAn1nwH.jpg

n5OXJWm.jpg

Man, these pics are making me anxious for Sideshow to ship this guy! Still gotta wait another month! (Love that payment plan, though!)

I'm really hoping that when Asmus reworks the head for Gandalf the White, that maybe they also throw in a few of these phenomenal resculpted hands. Great work, Asmus! :clap

Where's my Gandalf :(

All these great pics and detailed reviews are making me seriously antsy here. I guess worst case scenario the one I bought from Timewalker will ship out this week but I would have thought the one from Asmus would be here by now.

Diego loving the pics man great work! And William very nice pic. Bucky and superdoug you guys are gonna be happy when Gandalf arrives for sure

Here is my Gandalf. He came on Friday but didn't have a chance to open him until today. I think he is a phenomenal figure and quite like this look with the cloak although I feel the cloak might be a bit too big. The scarf also seems a bit too wide as well. Is anyone doing the water treatment? It was a bit nerve wrecking popping his head off to get the cloak on because of the rooted hair.

b23204b849f10a312e67ac920def36f9.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic Pianoteam, Would also be curious to know some more about this said 'water treatment'

Basically you soak the clothes with water and let them dry after shaping them the way you like. The water will give the fabric enough weight to hold most of the shapes until dried.
You can do it rough (just soak the full clothed figure in water and let it dry), a little more gently (spray the clothes with water and shape them) or you can even remove the clothes, soak them, put them on a stand (a spare body you have) and when they are dried put them back on your figure.

Back