Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only LOTR pieces in my collection are the nazgul steed and a couple aci ringwraiths. I'm happy with that setup, but this seems like it would complement those pretty well. Not a fan of rooted hair on any figure but I would always have him displayed with the hat anyway. I think this figure looks pretty nice overall. I would consider legolas too if he turns out well.

Anyone that had pre ordered directly from Asmus in the past?? How's the service? They ship with tracking number?

I'm thinkin on buying directly from them, only $200 usd shipped.. With 2 extra staffs.. Sounds pretty good to me.. BBTS has it fro $200 + shipping, minus the 2 extra staffs..

Asmus say all 3 staffs with any preorder i think

That was my understanding too.

Not sure why Asmus doesn't make something exclusive to their site like Sideshow does? Maybe they will in time. I guess right now all they want to do is secure more preorders so that can get more retailers onboard.

I'm a bit bummer by the change in sculpt as well. I understand the change in hairline because of the rooted hair, but the original sculpt did look much better. The new sculpt is by no means bad and I see a lot of McKellen in there, but all the wrinkles are too overdone, and I fear they will still be too dominant in production.

In the end however, the below pic is what it sells him for me: he looks great with the hat, and I'll most likely pre-order him. A Nazgul and a Gandalf the Grey are all I want to represent LOTR in my collection, and I already own Asmus' Nazgul.

00005.jpg

I'm a bit bummer by the change in sculpt as well. I understand the change in hairline because of the rooted hair, but the original sculpt did look much better. The new sculpt is by no means bad and I see a lot of McKellen in there, but all the wrinkles are too overdone, and I fear they will still be too dominant in production.

In the end however, the below pic is what it sells him for me: he looks great with the hat, and I'll most likely pre-order him. A Nazgul and a Gandalf the Grey are all I want to represent LOTR in my collection, and I already own Asmus' Nazgul.

View attachment 252894
Yeah. That's the pic that makes him look really lifelike.

I`m wondering just one thing : Asmus, will he come with Narya ? His elven ring ? I haven't seen any evidence for his ring on his hands. Its an important part of the character, gives him affinity to fire, and he's had that for a while in the movies/books ;)

And yes, the hat and the clothing looks marvellous ! Can't praise the hat enough. Are there other pictures with the other staffs ? Wish I had room in the shelf for a cart filled with fireworks :)

Saruman and Gandalf the Grey have really been a game changer in quality for ASMUS

latest

Also, really hoping that the final paintjob portrays him in a more joyful/youthful way, like he was in the Fellowship of the ring. The paint job looks more like his Older version from the Hobbit, and that was only due to the actor ageing, not Gandalf the character ;)

LOTR%20Fellowship%20of%20the%20Ring%20051.jpg

Gandalf-the-Grey-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-gandalf-35160418-900-380.jpg

Any word on the Gandalf the white head that was to be included in this package? I want to preorder but I don't want to do so until I understand the requirements for receiving the replace GTW sculpt along with it. I haven't seen anything about the new head on their Facebook, webpage, or here. Not looking for photos (although that would be nice) I just want to know what they need from me to ensure that I receive the head.

Anyone that had pre ordered directly from Asmus in the past?? How's the service? They ship with tracking number?

I'm thinkin on buying directly from them, only $200 usd shipped.. With 2 extra staffs.. Sounds pretty good to me.. BBTS has it fro $200 + shipping, minus the 2 extra staffs..

I ordered Merry and Pippin from them. No tracking number, but arrived very quick. I ordered Gandalf direct.

Any word on the Gandalf the white head that was to be included in this package? I want to preorder but I don't want to do so until I understand the requirements for receiving the replace GTW sculpt along with it. I haven't seen anything about the new head on their Facebook, webpage, or here. Not looking for photos (although that would be nice) I just want to know what they need from me to ensure that I receive the head.

Those who bought Gandalf the White and buy Gandalf the Grey will get a free upgraded Gandalf the White head. Not included in the Grey package.

See below post #485

Yes !
Please wait for our further notice~
basiclly,
if you already OWN a Gandalf the White, and buy a Gandalf the Grey, we will give you a upgraded head for FREE.

I`m wondering just one thing : Asmus, will he come with Narya ? His elven ring ? I haven't seen any evidence for his ring on his hands. Its an important part of the character, gives him affinity to fire, and he's had that for a while in the movies/books ;)

And yes, the hat and the clothing looks marvellous ! Can't praise the hat enough. Are there other pictures with the other staffs ? Wish I had room in the shelf for a cart filled with fireworks :)

Saruman and Gandalf the Grey have really been a game changer in quality for ASMUS

latest

I don't believe you ever actually see Gandalf the Grey wear it. No one other than Galadriel, Elrond, and Cirdan was supposed to know that Gandalf actually had the ring. In fact, that shot of Gandalf at the Grey Haven's is, as far as I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only time you actually see the ring. Not even during the Council of Elrond or during his fight with the Balrog. I don't think Gandalf the Grey should or needs to come with Narya.

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 6.57.30 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 6.54.49 PM.jpg

I ordered Merry and Pippin from them. No tracking number, but arrived very quick. I ordered Gandalf direct.

Thanks Starduster!! Kind of a deal breaker the "no tracking" for me.. As I'm from Mexico and I don't trust the postal service here so much.. So I need the tracking number to be safe lol..

As for the staffs, if every pre order from any dealer will have them, I'm going with BBTS then..

Really, no tracking on Asmus shipped items? They need to change that.

Yeah, they sent the invoice for the balance, then nothing. Less than two weeks later, a package was at the door. I'd like a tracking number, but as fast as I got them, I'm not complaining.

I don't believe you ever actually see Gandalf the Grey wear it. No one other than Galadriel, Elrond, and Cirdan was supposed to know that Gandalf actually had the ring. In fact, that shot of Gandalf at the Grey Haven's is, as far as I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only time you actually see the ring. Not even during the Council of Elrond or during his fight with the Balrog. I don't think Gandalf the Grey should or needs to come with Narya.
I was also thinking of Narya, it could be a cool addition, nevertheless.

Really, no tracking on Asmus shipped items? They need to change that.

I ordered Merry and Pip direct through Asmus, after 2 weeks of not hearing anything I emailed customer service and they sent me a tracking notice straight away. It end up arriving that same day.

Back