Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys don't get too over zealous over all of this. Clearly Grandriel was a typo..... because what he meant was GrOndriel, which is the proper name of the wolf's head. You see, Grondriel was actually born of Lothlorien Oak and was Galadriel brother, (yeah she's related to a tree, elves do weird stuff when they're lonely). Anyway, during Grondriel's teenage years he was sick and tired of his parents always telling him what to do, you know, "Eat earth! Dig deep! Drink water! Go to sleep!". So, he detached himself and rolled allllll the way down to Dol Guldur and met up with some Orcs (the wrong crowd) and the rest is history....

b1fece43b618d8c8c48f2aeb28881105.jpg

e9d8e4d2dc3249a23baa5ec15ffa95eb.jpg

ae1c4fa250e618c0e93344e0470cc66d.jpg

I believe there is also an unboxing video on its way on the Asmus YouTube!

Yeah here's hoping they have those long strands in front wrapped in plastic to maintain their shape, as otherwise it's just going to be a huge frizzy mess when you open the box.

Yeah here's hoping they have those long strands in front wrapped in plastic to maintain their shape, as otherwise it's just going to be a huge frizzy mess when you open the box.

Oh man I hope they thought that part through. I am not very good with futzing with the hair so that could really hurt her display value for me personally.

The hair is the key on this one. If it can arrive and remain under control when on display, they have a big winner here.

Good points. I didn't even think of this. I hope Asmus did. Some futzing is fine, but we shouldn't need to be putting in insane amounts of effort to be able to display our figures out of the box.

Looks like her hair may over time get a bit frizzy.
Anyone know how to fix it if it does? Is there a light glue people use to keep figurine hair in place? Or something?

Looks like her hair may over time get a bit frizzy.
Anyone know how to fix it if it does? Is there a light glue people use to keep figurine hair in place? Or something?

What about hair spray?

I really hope someone that is getting Galadriel and has GtG can do a pic of her holding him ala the scene in BotFA

Wetting the hair down and using hair product will get rid of any frizz.

I will be making her a crown like I did with my Elrond.

Galadriel in dol guldur is my favourite scene from the hobbit, her and Gandalf were beautiful together, and when you watch the lord of the rings make it all the more emotional when she learns he passed into shadow.

I think she looks fantastic, that dress is so detailed I bet that was a nightmare to produce.
Like the jewel and the ring too.

I will be making her a crown but I do wish she came with the phial.. other than that I?m super excited to get mine.

Back