Asmus Toys: Galadriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excited people are getting their invoices, but it is bitter sweet for me in the uk as asmus cannot ship here so I will not get my Galadriel or Gandalf until that lifts and as of now there is no date when that will be.

I would like to think they have not forgot about me... I might look like Gandalf myself when they finally arrive.

I'm still considering this one. The character's never been a huge favorite but the figure looks fantastic and seems like it would be a good companion to Gandalf. He's my first LOTR figure and I'd like to get more but there's not really much to choose from at the moment.

I'm still considering this one. The character's never been a huge favorite but the figure looks fantastic and seems like it would be a good companion to Gandalf. He's my first LOTR figure and I'd like to get more but there's not really much to choose from at the moment.

I am the opposite she is one of my favourites, she is the first voice you hear in the lord of the rings her performance with Frodo is mesmerising and terrified me as a kid.
I loved her in the hobbit her scenes with Gandalf are some of the best in cinema history imho

My only draw was no crown for her but I will make one for her like I made for my Elrond.

She goes all the way back to the Silmarillion which makes her a real neat representation of Tolkien?s Middle Earth for me. I love that he put her in the story and had her pass her test and finally go back to the West.

Now if all I knew were the movies or just LOTR book she would not nearly be as high on my list.

Galadriel is one of the most incredible beings in all of Middle Earth. She predates the First Age of Middle Earth, was a bearer of a Ring of Power, gift of foresight, destroyed Dol Gildur. And most awesomely, told Eru (God) to go scratch on Gimli's behalf, when Legolas brought a dwarf to the Undying Lands. I doubt there will be another sixth scale figure of her made for a very long time. Would suggest grabbing one before you miss out.

She goes all the way back to the Silmarillion which makes her a real neat representation of Tolkien?s Middle Earth for me. I love that he put her in the story and had her pass her test and finally go back to the West.

Now if all I knew were the movies or just LOTR book she would not nearly be as high on my list.

She was the reason I read the Silmarillion when the FOTR Jackson film was released theatrically. I had read the LOTR books before the films came out when I was a teenager in preparation of the films but it was the Silmarillion that made me really fall in love with Tolkien’s Mythos. Galadriel is quite spectacular being one of the only survivors of the royal house of Finwe left in Middle-earth.

She is royalty of all three major clans of the Eldar: Teleri through her mother Earwen and Vanyar through her grandmother Indis and of course Noldor through her father High-king Finarfin. Her brother Finrod Felagund was known as Nom the Wise and he was the most beloved of the Noldor princes. Finrod was responsible for establishing the deep ties of friendship between the Edain and the Eldar when they first migrated to Beleriand in the First Age of the Sun. He fulfilled his oath, even abdicating his crown as king of Nargothrond to aid Beren in his quest. His ring was given to Barahir which Aragorn still wears as a treasured heirloom.

Galadriel learned how to make lembas and much knowledge directly from Melian the Maia in Doriath. She founded Evendim/settlement near lake Nenuial early Second Age and depending on the source founded Eregion with or without her full blooded Noldor cousin Celebrimbor. Later she helped the Galadhrim in Lorinand which would become Lothlorien when their king Amdir/Malgalad died in the Last Alliance. She is also credited as introducing Mallorn trees in some versions of the legendarium.

Some fun facts:

Galadriel is the first cousin, once removed by marriage of Elrond's first cousin, four times removed. So Galadriel is also Elrond’s first and second cousin thrice removed and his mother in law. Celeborn and Galadriel are also second cousins. Lastly, Beren and Elrond are also technically first cousins too (four times removed)!

Just received the shipping notice for Galadriel. Can't wait to see her in hand. :clap

I hope they took better care with her hair than they did with my Crown Gandalf's.

Now to create some additional space in the display cabinet...

Just received the shipping notice for Galadriel. Can't wait to see her in hand. :clap

I hope they took better care with her hair than they did with my Crown Gandalf's.

Now to create some additional space in the display cabinet...

Not Jealous!!!
cause I love your pics...do her justice man!!!

Just paid my invoice for Galadriel. On my invoice it said I was paying for Grandriel. I hope that's a typo and I don't receive the uglier older sister that the elves don't talk much about. She's in the appendices, look it up. :monkey3

hahahaha That made me laugh.
I regret cancelling my Asmus orders.
I had EVERY intention of selling my massive HT Star Wars collection,and did to a point sell some off to get more LOTR figures,but then life and bills happened and had to cancel.
Even the Elven Warrior looks amazing!!!!

Back