Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically the set feels like it was rushed and not made by people who love the film/character
Yep, you've hit the nail on the head there.
I'm glad I cancelled, but still very disappointed that they haven't delivered even close to what was advertised, as I'd love to own what I saw in the pre-order photos.
Clearly Henrietta's hair is missing from every single figure. They either intentionally omitted it during production (without realizing it would upset fans, much like the body scratches) or the factory accidentally hadn't been instructed to apply it.

Yep, like a bowling ball…best way to describe it is a fixer upper. Without rehashing what’s already been said, if you’re willing and able to invest time and more money in it I think there’s potential but there’s a major difference between modding something for fun and doing it because something you’ve paid a decent amount of money for only feels partially finished.
Sad that you also got the hairless Henrietta…is one supposed to go out and buy a 1/6 scale white wig?
I have a feeling that there will be no replacement for that either…if you want the right one you will have to wait until the corrected figures start shipping out and someone is willing to part with theirs on EBay…at I’m certain will be listed close to the cost of the entire Luxury edition itself.

Picture quality won’t be great but what we’ve seen so far is what you get. Base is weighty, pretty good in hand. Bust is solid but paint job is dull and flat and obviously the missing hair. Shotgun and dagger seem oversized to me. Basically the set feels like it was rushed and not made by people who love the film/character as much as the people reading this thread do.
Is it just the photo, or does Ash look a bit cockeyed?

Does it seem like Linda's hair can be futzed & improved, or would it be better to replace it entirely?

I still don't quite understand the black paint on the hands and wrists of the arms. Does it look like that could be cleaned off?

Henrietta will need a makeover for sure. Maybe with the extra bust (I ordered from SS) I'll remove the head and attach the pee wee sculpt from SS Ash?

The chainsaw needs some red paint on the top part of it, and I'll be sourcing (or making) a replacement bar that's longer, not curved, and without a hole.

It looks like there's some paper sticking out of the bottom of the base. Can you please show what that is?

Also, how is the holster attached to the harness? Does it look like it would be simple enough to remove it and reattach it at the correct angle?

Thanks very much for posting all these pics!!!

Sad that you also got the hairless Henrietta…
At this point, I'm almost 100% sure no 'haired' production Henrietta's exist. I'm guessing an error was made during production, so they had to show the prototype and claim it was an unboxed production piece, as it's the only one with hair. So far, no customer's Henrietta has matched the paint application quality of Asmus' 'unboxed' one.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm almost 100% sure no haired production Henrietta's exist. I'm guessing an error was made during production, so they had to show the prototype and claim it was an unboxed production piece, as it's the only one with hair. So far, no customer's Henrietta has matched the paint application quality of Asmus' 'unboxed' one.
Exactly.
Them saying it's an error found in random units is another lie. The fact is all Henriettas from batch 1 are hairless.
Perhaps they really want to get as many profit as they can, cutting corners from a $350 figure.
The claim is being questioned several times already here, and in FB, by many customers.. and no answer is given.
Does anyone know if Asmus are issuing refunds on deposits?
This is what I posted earlier.
If they get so many cancellations, but get to keep the deposits + the cancelled figure to be sold later, that is very unfair to those customers who cancelled the figure.

The hairless Henriettas prove there was absolutely zero QC done with thse so I can just imagine the problems people are going to run into when they have these in hand.

Is it just the photo, or does Ash look a bit cockeyed?

Does it seem like Linda's hair can be futzed & improved, or would it be better to replace it entirely?

I still don't quite understand the black paint on the hands and wrists of the arms. Does it look like that could be cleaned off?

Henrietta will need a makeover for sure. Maybe with the extra bust (I ordered from SS) I'll remove the head and attach the pee wee sculpt from SS Ash?

The chainsaw needs some red paint on the top part of it, and I'll be sourcing (or making) a replacement bar that's longer, not curved, and without a hole.

It looks like there's some paper sticking out of the bottom of the base. Can you please show what that is?

Also, how is the holster attached to the harness? Does it look like it would be simple enough to remove it and reattach it at the correct angle?

Thanks very much for posting all these pics!!!
The right eye is open more than the left so it looks a little off.

Linda’s hair is pretty pliable but the whole back panel is a soft rubber so would be easy to remove and start from scratch if you wanted.

The paper is a sticker on the base which doesn’t sit flush, peels off easily.

The harness is folded over and glued down at the buckles. Just need to pull it apart, reposition it and glue it back down again.

Paint on the hands doesn’t seem like it’s going to come off easily unfortunately.

Attachments

• 0F0F15B6-DDD1-4DAC-8EC9-DD2A5A79E677.jpeg
    0F0F15B6-DDD1-4DAC-8EC9-DD2A5A79E677.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 147
  • ED9D12ED-3E22-4A7F-A018-BCD41E3CDBE6.png
    ED9D12ED-3E22-4A7F-A018-BCD41E3CDBE6.png
    1 MB · Views: 148
  • 665CEC2A-EECA-4259-9341-31A4532334B9.jpeg
    665CEC2A-EECA-4259-9341-31A4532334B9.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 130
  • F886FB43-81C2-46BF-8FA0-DD7BAD11BE12.png
    F886FB43-81C2-46BF-8FA0-DD7BAD11BE12.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Exactly.
Them saying it's an error found in random units is another lie. The fact is all Henriettas from batch 1 are hairless.
Perhaps they really want to get as many profit as they can, cutting corners from a $350 figure.
The claim is being questioned several times already here, and in FB, by many customers.. and no answer is given.

This is what I posted earlier.
If they get so many cancellations, but get to keep the deposits + the cancelled figure to be sold later, that is very unfair to those customers who cancelled the figure.
Yeah, I want my deposit back.

Cant wait to cut some parts and add blue tag to display my 350 dollar luxury figure...
At this point we all know what happened with that henrietta, not a single one have hair, they screw it, use the prototype to calm people and gain time to fix it, the only henrietta with hair and proper paintjob is from asmus office...

Last edited:
The right eye is open more than the left so it looks a little off.

Linda’s hair is pretty pliable but the whole back panel is a soft rubber so would be easy to remove and start from scratch if you wanted.

The paper is a sticker on the base which doesn’t sit flush, peels off easily.

The harness is folded over and glued down at the buckles. Just need to pull it apart, reposition it and glue it back down again.

Paint on the hands doesn’t seem like it’s going to come off easily unfortunately.
Could you please pose him with the seamless arms + torn shirt look? Have still not seen what he looks like all set up properly

Could you please pose him with the seamless arms + torn shirt look? Have still not seen what he looks like all set up properly
Not the exact combo but you can kind of gauge what it would look like. Keep in mind they got rid of the 3 slash scars and didn't paint his body at all like it was on the proto so the ripped shirt is pretty awkward looking.

vHd8xnc.png
BEjaSp8.png

FHwZknH.png
xiXJTT6.png

Picture quality won’t be great but what we’ve seen so far is what you get. Base is weighty, pretty good in hand. Bust is solid but paint job is dull and flat and obviously the missing hair. Shotgun and dagger seem oversized to me. Basically the set feels like it was rushed and not made by people who love the film/character as much as the people reading this thread do.
It looks like a button is missing on the left pocket.

Man it's really hard to decide what the biggest fail is on this thing-- the bald Henrietta, the seamless arms with ripple badly when bent, or the tight pants which don't seem able to close properly. :LOL:
Yup, even I can't defend this epic fail. I can't in good conscience recommend this set to any average collector. This has rush job all over it. Really sad. I think its best they stay far....FAR away from any further horror stuff. Pains me to say it.

So is it right in thinking that Asmus just underpriced this for what it would have really cost them to make and instead of eating the cost they made all these "cutting corner decisions" to actually bring the manufacturing costs down to an acceptable profit margin for them and they might have just hoped collectors be OK with it?

Cause that's what's really starting to look like. How can a release be hit with so many...MANY QC issues if it wasn't intentional?

Just throwing that out there.

Back