Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1642411213240.jpg
FB_IMG_1642411245437.jpg
FB_IMG_1642411239550.jpg
FB_IMG_1642411228743.jpg

Was on the fence about canceling this guy. Thanks to this thread, I am convinced the best course of action is to cancel. Way too many problems that are very unlikely to be solved. Really wish they didn't rush production on this one, probably should have known better seeing how little time it took until the release date on PO.

After a week of contemplation, I decided to cancel it and just contacted my supplier. While I think the figure is salvageable with a repaint and mods, I don't think the $200 asking price is justified for what we're getting. I say that with sadness as I was REALLY looking forward to this.

Sorry to read about this mess and specially for those that had no previous Ash figures. I own the Sideshow one and was planning to get this on release to maybe improve mine or keep the best of the two . Now, after watching videos and pics I decided to just buy spare parts like the book and the dagger and build my own diorama. I will try a new body on Sideshow and if I see proper customizations on the Asmus one by you guys maybe I will jump in but what you get for the price is a blasphemy. In the normal release they could have included a torn shirt and seamless arms but they got greedy, cutting costs and offering that deluxe edition. It always striked me, the small window they had from preorder to release date. Now we see the final result. What a pitty, they had a great chance and they blew it. Sorry for you fellow collectors and hope you and Asmus learn from this.

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_122152.jpg
    IMG_20220117_122152.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 88
I'm not a religious/spiritual person, but I believe and affiliated with a religion due to my upbringing.

This morning I am reminded of the following.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

On Sunday, I read all posts starting on page one through the last page. I didn't participate until the mid-point of the discussion thread.

I could have posted a number of responses better, but hindsight is 20/20.

That's all.

Last edited:
The posting of board rules and chiming in from two admins makes me wonder if the brand have a controlling influence and/or stake within the board that we may not be aware of? Whether it does or not is likely irrelevant and none of our business and the admins are simply suppressing the angry protestors to possibly placate a board benefactor and/or exercise control.
No one is "suppressing" anything. You, and other Freaks, can voice your opinion(s) as much as you want.

Just do it with civility and respect.

Enough is enough. I have been a loyal Asmus customer from day one, preordering most of their great figures. But in the last time, they have dropped the ball too often, forcing us collectors to take action: No box art with LOTR Deluxe Arwen, cutting corners with Evil Dead Deluxe editions, no invoices sent, no refunds fullfiled, change of the web site so that I cannot access to my orders, no effective customer service, no Free International Shipping even if the pre-order was way before the change of shipping policy...
No thanks. I am going to cancel every preorder I had with them, this Evli Dead 2 Deluxe edition as well. This i a debacle from a former relaible company. just hope that they will listen and that they will respond to my demands of full deposit refund.

Having the same connector in the Deadite head as the regular would probably have been a good idea…

Attachments

• DBD02EA8-C0D1-420E-9BEB-B8B19F0BE7D4.jpeg
    DBD02EA8-C0D1-420E-9BEB-B8B19F0BE7D4.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 1A43308C-B9D4-476A-95A7-FE02D761D136.jpeg
    1A43308C-B9D4-476A-95A7-FE02D761D136.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 193
  • AA85B3EF-0534-4C18-9D07-4EEF372E07C0.jpeg
    AA85B3EF-0534-4C18-9D07-4EEF372E07C0.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 188
Back