Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also says Willams on the display stand 🤦‍♂️

screenshot_20220110_200356_com-android-chrome-jpg.555045

giphy.webp

Wondering if FedEx have suspended their service to the UK too.

Parcel is Taiwan too the UK.

The statement about no flights until at least 20th January referred only to Hong Kong I think.

This is apparently a quote from Star Ace:

“This pandemic has proved challenging on many layers for everyone. Hong Kong has just banned any flights leaving to these locations until at least 20 January. So we will be unable to ship to Australia, Canada, France, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Britain and the United States until later in January at the earliest.”

Even so, KG Hobby posted:

KGHobby Toys & Models
Admin

It’s still ok to send to UK. Just take a bit longer

Hong Kong Post updated their delay report today:

Air mail - DestinationsExtra time required in waiting for air allotment
AsiaMainland ChinaAround 2 weeks
SingaporeAround 1 week
EuropeCertain destinations*Around 3 weeks
SwitzerlandAround 4 weeks
United KingdomAround 2 weeks
North AmericaUnited States of AmericaAround 3 weeks
OceaniaAustralia^Around 2 weeks

All of which probably doesn't mean anything for Asmus, as they're in Taiwan, but the overall situation doesn't sound as dire as it seemed, and the delays are generally no longer than posted before.

So just got a response from Asmus about when I should be expecting my invoice.

"The balance notification will be sent according to Region and pre-order Time. Please wait for a while. Thank you."

So day one proeorded doesn't mean jack **** when it's based on region?

Well, with as many people claiming they are canceling, I guess I get my invoice soon.

Just noticed the gap at the bottom of the chainsaw where you can see the blade inside is stuffed with glue where as on the prototype (and the neca figure) there is no glue and you can just see the blade.

If I pre ordered through Asmus and I want to cancel, do I request a cancellation from their website or do I just not pay the invoice?

I know us collectors have a tendency to panic when we first receive pics of a new figure, with rare exceptions, is it possible any of these flaws are the result of poor pictures?
I ask because, speaking honestly, Ash isn't a character I have an encyclopedic knowledge of - I ordered the figure just because it looked good and the luxury version had so much to go with it + i like the films just fine, so to you collector's more knowledgeable about Ash - is there anything going on here that is a deal-breaker? What are the flaws you can see that might not just be ****** photos? How has it changed from the prototype?

I also ask because I'm due an upgrade in glasses and fine details can escape me via images on the internet.

Maybe I'm just not seeing all the problems (literally - need those new glasses asap) but from what I can see the changes from the prototype/problems are
- the nameplate, the misspelling is a bit of a rookie mistake.
- the paint app isn't quite as detailed - similar to the prototype IMO but definitively less detailed. I don't really mind this - we always expect some detail to be lost from proto to final product and as I said I still think this is reasonably close to the proto paint and shows off the sculpt pretty well.
- the collar is still big, but not quite as big as the prototype's, also it is now a little neater.
- the chainsaw glue issue - which even I can notice once HorrorFreak2001 pointed it out, not very pretty at all. Don't like that.
- potentially something going on with the shotgun holster - I suspect that the gun has been pushed down too far into the holster by whoever took the photos hence why it looks like its falling out the other end and why the shotgun stock is being swallowed by the holster.

So just got a response from Asmus about when I should be expecting my invoice.

"The balance notification will be sent according to Region and pre-order Time. Please wait for a while. Thank you."

So day one proeorded doesn't mean jack **** when it's based on region?

Well, with as many people claiming they are canceling, I guess I get my invoice soon.
I got a similar response from inyacher. All good for me. Gives me more time to get a sense of what the figure will actually look like from in-hand pics.

So far, I'm not seeing this figure as being the disaster that some others are. Looks about like the level of drop-off I would expect from prototype to production with, frankly, a non-Hot Toys or Blitzway figure (and of course, even there we see a minor drop-off in quality). I would expect something similar with a figure from Sideshow. Paintwork looks solid based on the very limited pics I've seen. Clothing isn't Yunsil-level, but looks fine as well. The stand spelling is a pretty major oversight, but not the end of the world.

Two things that are somewhat concerning to me, however, is a possible bait-and-switch. First off, someone mentioned that they are charging $25 extra to ship the Luxury version, but I remember clearly pre-ordering from Asmus largely because of the free shipping. That's not cool, even if it's more a question of principle than anything else. Secondly, if the standard figure is just shipped with a separate box for the base with the Luxury figure, and we don't get a damaged body, that would suck. . .however, I'm thinking this won't be the case. Note that the damaged body also has an exposed, jointless arm. It is possible that we will get a second body with the Luxury set. . .

Also, folks aren't discussing the luxury base too much, and the extra, zombified head that comes with the Luxury set. Putting other quibbles aside, to me, that's as big of a selling point as anything else with this figure. Really justifies the cost for me personally, because I have considered getting customs of those pieces in the past, and the cost here is a fraction of what it would cost to do them another way. So, I'm curious to see production pictures of those pieces.

Big picture, I'm still excited for this, but there are some unanswered questions.

I think the luxury version is gonna look awesome on display. Can't wait to get him, i love Ash and The Evil Dead franchise. The base with Henrietta/Linda head is fantastic.

Just noticed the gap at the bottom of the chainsaw where you can see the blade inside is stuffed with glue where as on the prototype (and the neca figure) there is no glue and you can just see the blade.
I saw that before but couldn't be sure if it was glue or the bunched up string for the pull cord mechanism on the chainsaw.

I think the luxury version is gonna look awesome on display. Can't wait to get him, i love Ash and The Evil Dead franchise. The base with Henrietta/Linda head is fantastic.
how do you know it's "fantastic" when we have not even seen the finished product yet? Her name tag may say "Hent-riatta" (yes, I know she doesn't come with one)

Back