Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that Henrietta looks horrifically bad, and not in a good way. For a second there I was reconsidering my switch to the standard version, but after seeing that there's no way in hell I'm paying extra for the deluxe.

1641936243301.png

Gotta love the elmer's glue poured into the chainsaw bar connection

Paid my invoice. That's unfortunate about Henrietta. Curious if that's just a random mishap or if they are all like that. If mine arrives with no hair, I'll be requesting a replacement. No doubt this set has been rushed though. I really didn't expect it this soon. Even with the Q4 21 release. Was expecting more like Q2 22 or 3. But definitely rushed. Still excited to get my set though!

I’m STILL keeping it. 😂

Can we get a wig for Henrietta?

Jokes aside, I can work with what I see here.

This definitely looks rushed and will be the last Asmus figure I get. Shame on them!

If enough people complain and cancel they gotta do something. Heneritta has no bloody hair from pics I saw.

This has so much potential but its gonna need work.
Holy christ wtf is that?! 😆

I had some twinge of hope the Luxury base and accessories would sway me to keep my order after the bitter disappointment of seeing the figures yesterday...but now, not a chance. Crushing.

If enough people complain and cancel they gotta do something. Heneritta has no bloody hair from pics I saw.

This has so much potential but its gonna need work.

EVD031a_1800x1800.jpg

That's giving me the most pause with this set so far. They can't just ship that without hair.

That's giving me the most pause with this set so far. They can't just ship that without hair.

They can, and they did.

This is the same company that shipped their $350 Gandalf figure with a hat that doesn't fit on the head, and a diorama stand that didn't fit together. The staff was supposed to have a hole in it for the pipe, but it didn't. The hole got 'plugged' in production. That figure was supposed to the high-point of figure collecting, it had so many problems, it was the first figure I ever returned because I was so disappointed.

This company is bush league.

"Ash Willams" printed on the box AND the figure stand ... FFS :ohbfrank: This whole thing is embarrassing.

That whole Arwen debacle with them putting the deluxe accessories in a plain brown shipping box, people were like "Surely, it was a mistake. Asmus is a great company, they'll fix it." Nope, they never did. They said they were going to sell the Crown Gandalf head separately ... nope. Replacement Nazgul bodies? Nope. The list goes on and on. This company never lives up to their word.

People keep crowing about them being so customer-friendly, and responsive to feedback. They have a company rep who posts here, and checks on orders for people, that's it. They never change products (for the better) in response to feedback. I still have no idea what people are talking about when they say Asmus listens to feedback. People wanted the Helm's Deep Aragorn head changed, that didn't happen ... somebody's gonna have to let me know when they actually changed a product for the better, in response to feedback.

The issue is Asmus posts product photos after the figure has already gone to production. It lessens the wait time, but it also means you can't change anything.

The issue is Asmus posts product photos after the figure has already gone to production. It lessens the wait time, but it also means you can't change anything.

I think you’re onto something here. I don’t recall ever seeing a preorder go to shipping that fast. It would make sense seeing how this has played out.

I think you’re onto something here. I don’t recall ever seeing a preorder go to shipping that fast. It would make sense seeing how this has played out.
They have done that on their last few LotR figures. Fast turn around on those.

I think they are going to take a real kicking over this release. Word of mouth will get around on this.

I will be keeping my luxury edition only because I want Ash in my collection and I’m not going to pay for a custom figure.

They mentioned this many years ago, I think it was around the time Merry and Pippin were revealed. The likenesses were pretty bad, and people asked for changes, and Asmus said they were already under production.

If they're going to go that far, they might as well just post the production sample as the product image gallery, not their hand-painted, resin sculpt prototype. Show us what we're actually going to get.

Well, that Henrietta is the last straw for me, i'm canceling. I hope those of you who keep your orders enjoy the figure and i look forward to seeing any modifications you do to them, but for me i'll wait for another company to tackle Ash.
My thoughts exactly. I think it's awesome that some people have plans to alter this figure, but I like to buy and display immediately, without the need to adjust anything. Asmus will be receiving a cancellation request from me.

They never change products (for the better) in response to feedback. I still have no idea what people are talking about when they say Asmus listens to feedback. People wanted the Helm's Deep Aragorn head changed, that didn't happen ... somebody's gonna have to let me know when they actually changed a product for the better, in response to feedback.

Asmus added 2 additional hands and removed the foot hair from their Gollum/Sméagol set in response to feedback. They also added a free cape to the Galadriel set in response to feedback. There have been other examples but those are the most recent.

I have purchased their LotR line and all have been from good to great out of the box. This one however looks like it falls short.

Last edited:
I'd really rather they slowed down a bit and did the figures they tackled perfectly then rush production and make these kind of mistakes.

Yeah it's always mystifying to me how people can describe that Crown Gandalf as a great figure. Asmus did a nice job with the rooted hair, but everything else left a lot to be desired.
I guess for some people "best one yet" means "great".

A giant **** in one of my shoes and a somewhat smaller **** in my other shoe still leaves me with 2 ***** in my shoes.

Back