Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly this disaster is still better than the statue world where companies like P1 have zero replacement parts and request customers to repair damages themselves on products where the shipping price is as much as this figure's luxury version.
The current state of our hobby right now has never been worse. Prices are sky high, quality is as low as it's ever been.
--

A collector/friend I know brought me up to speed about P1. I'll say I'm glad I never bought any of their products.

You're absolutely right about the state of the 1:6 hobby. There are some brands/manufacturers that still maintain proper design and quality control and they continue to earn our hard earned $ with credibility and respect. If they stumble, as long as they transparently acknowledge it from the start without any confusion or subterfuge and make it right for their collectors/customers, then all is fine. Not too many brands/manufacturers do that.

The mentality is pay more for less quality product and deal with it.

Sadly this disaster is still better than the statue world where companies like P1 have zero replacement parts and request customers to repair damages themselves on products where the shipping alone is as much as this figure's luxury version.
The current state of our hobby right now has never been worse. Prices are sky high, quality is as low as it's ever been.
No doubt about it. I had issues with my Predator "Hunters Victim" statue that I have to go out and buy material to fix. What does Prime 1 offer me. $80 in REWARDS Points. Yeah. Great. Thanks. They absolutely refused to refund me $80 to pay for what I had to purchase to fix their QC fail. $80 in rewards to their site which (based on the insane shipping costs) I will never order from again. Very disappointing.

Let's not address the issues and keep quiet 🤯 If you don't tell a company where they went wrong they will continue with the same attitude!
If you have been reading the thread, the issues have been mentioned over and over again. That's why the comment about posting more lists. It's been posted. And again. And again.

When you consider what some Halloween fans pay to custom make their Myers figures, $200 or 350 for a decent base isn't really that much. A lot of this is about perspective. I'd say customizers are generally happier collectors, because if they don't like something, they will fix it. Meanwhile other people will keep repeating "I paid X and expect Y" ad absurdum and will never be happy with anything.
Custom work is expensive because its unique, not a mass produced piece.
So its ok to have a lot of issues in a figure because you can always custom it?
As a costumer yes, when i paid for X, i expect X, and sure, i expect some minor dowgrade, and im more than happy with many other figures that have it, but this time no, this is a totally different figure.
And more important, as a consuper i expect honesty and clear info, to decide if i want to keep the preorder or not.

beautiful!

1642347462799.png

@Asmus

Why is the chainsaw bar rounded instead of straight, too short, and has a hole in the end? This tells me that you are re-using this part from another product, as it is not at all accurate to the character. The top of the saw should be red, not silver.

Deadite Linda's hair is not blonde. Did you watch the movie?

Ash's severed hand has virtually no paint apps, but it should appear rotted.

The tailoring on both shirts is ridiculously bad, but the cuts on the torn Ash shirt are the worst. You can see the scissor marks. Plus the weathering/stains on it look like blobs of paint. No effort was made. Everything looks cheap and rushed.

With or without hair, Henrietta's paint apps are minimal, just like Ash' head sculpt.

Why did your company lie to customers about the Henrietta bust, and show a photo of the prototype?

You cut corners, lowered your costs, saved yourself production time, and kept the same price on the figure.

I paid $500 CAD for an unfinished product. This will be my last purchase from Asmus, unless you have something more you can do for your paying customers, other than apologize. For this level of incompetency and dishonesty, I believe partial refunds would be appropriate.

If you have been reading the thread, the issues have been mentioned over and over again. That's why the comment about posting more lists. It's been posted. And again. And again.
Nope! Not all of them , some of the ones that I've addressed haven't been mentioned but feel free to search through 70 pages to prove me wrong lol

With the responses given by Asmus to the issues my gauge for keeping or canceling has definitely shifted over to canceling. Whether I keep this order or not, they've lost me as a future customer.

Last edited:
With the responses given by Asmus to the issues my gauge for keeping or canceling have definitely shifted over to canceling. Whether I keep this order or not, they've lost me as a future customer.
I'll definitely say that this and Ace have me very concerned with how Gollum/Smeagol turns out now. VERY concerned.

I'll definitely say that this and Ace have me very concerned with how Gollum/Smeagol turns out now. VERY concerned.
--

@Rzeznikk

If I'm not mistaken, you're a customizer too like some others within this thread?

If yes, please provide your insight as a customizer.

What is the supposed threshold/tolerance for a customizer for a product failure like Ash?

Comments throughout this thread indicate customizers with customize (i.e., fix, modify, etc.) whatever flaws they don't care for to get it to their ideal representation.

I take it that has a lot to do with the customization expertise of the customizer.

If I'm mistaken about your customization background, please accept my apology. Absolutely no disrespect to you (or any other customizer who have the expertise to make it right for themselves).

My tipping point were the cuts on the body. I worked in advertising when I was younger. When designing something for a client I had to keep in mind their budget. I could design some crazy **** that blew their mind, but if they couldn't afford the 4-colored process what was the point. How does Asmus not know they couldn't replicate those cuts? They had to have known, or their team is bad at their job.

I think you have misunderstood what I mean,
We don't want the scratch to be a print on, it feel cut corner,
so we cancel the scratch. Not we cut corner on the production.

It is a production decision, I am sure if he knows the scratch has this much significant meaning, we would have kept it, even if it is only a print
Significant meaning or not, if you changed what is shown in the prototype without communicating it with the customers, you should expect complaints and maybe even cancellations.

Of course, we have been very busy handled cancellations.
As expected from your actions. I think karma police has finally caught you for your past shady acts.
however, I hope all those who cancelled got their deposit money back.
If there are many cancellations and you get to keep their $20, and also get to keep the product to be sold later, that doesn't sound too good for the customers. From what we see here, a full refund is expected.

The scratch on the prototype were also painted, not sculpted.
Then paint it. Just make sure what the customer see in the prototype is also shown in the final product. As simple as that.

Look I am not trying to start an argument or denying this is a mistake.
We are sorry an decision were made wrongly and we are paying the price.

But re-use a body skin is very common in 1/6,
Hot Toys and any other company does the same.

The prototype itself was an old body we had,
in production, we changed to Dante's body, because it has better muscular contour,
and we made a pair of new seamless arms to match the body.

These are facts as we go through production decisions
Thank you for finally saying sorry for the poor decision on the body.

Re-using body is indeed common practice in 1/6 companies.
However, you guys should decide on which body to use on the final product at the brainstorming/planning stage. Not a sudden decision.
If in the middle of the process you produce a new, better body, and decide to use it, then you have to make sure everything that is shown in the prototype is also present in the new body you used for the actual product.
And you told us that the scratches are printed in the prototype, not sculpted, then you should print it in the actual product. You can't do one sided decision to omit/exclude some elements from the promo pics, you should always think of how your customer feel about that. Customers are the one you should think and listen to, not just one sided decisions from the boss.
Deliver what you promised.

The fact now is, your customers are disappointed with how you deal with things.
And you still have not replied/answered my question about Henrietta's paintjob details. :)

Last edited:
So basically.

Customer : WOW, This figure is missing alot of the details , and features that was show in the prototype when it went up for presale!!!!
Asmus: No, not really.
Customer: Well here is some photographic proof of the issues showing clearly the differences.
Asmus: Oh you mean THOSE differences! Yeah well we decided to change a figure after we took orders, without publication of the changes.
Customer: ??? But that's changing what we expected in the order?
Asmus: Yea, well......what we initially published was too expensive to do at the price we promised .....so sorry.

This is satire of course.....but its essentially what happened.

So basically.

Customer : WOW, This figure is missing alot of the details , and features that was show in the prototype when it went up for presale!!!!
Asmus: No, not really.
Customer: Well here is some photographic proof of the issues showing clearly the differences.
Asmus: Oh you mean THOSE differences! Yeah well we decided to change a figure after we took orders, without publication of the changes.
Customer: ??? But that's changing what we expected in the order?
Asmus: Yea, well......what we initially published was too expensive to do at the price we promised .....so sorry.

This is satire of course.....but its essentially what happened.
--

Unintentionally funny, but truthfully disappointing, sad, and tragic simultaneously that is also costly for many collectors/customers.

My tipping point were the cuts on the body. I worked in advertising when I was younger. When designing something for a client I had to keep in mind their budget. I could design some crazy **** that blew their mind, but if they couldn't afford the 4-colored process what was the point. How does Asmus not know they couldn't replicate those cuts? They had to have known, or their team is bad at their job.
This! (y)
The same thing happened in Arwen's case.
Asmus' reason not to include the box art in the luxury edition is because they are doing the crash and fall test, and the chaise keep being broken. So they used the budget for the artbox to insert an extra foam to protect the chaise instead.
Now.. why does the customer has to pay for the extra foam by losing the artbox? the proper packaging and protection of the chaise should already be discussed and planned in the designing process, and if you miscalculated, then the extra cost to add the protective foam should be on your expense, not sacrificing the customer's artbox.

If asmus said that artbox is not important, well, why bother adding stickers for Ash's misspelled name in the artbox?
An artbox is meaningful, it's the proper packaging, especially when we ordered the luxury edition.
The regular edition has one, and the luxury edition should come with it too.

My point is, you have poor planning on Arwen in the designing and production stage, and you repeat the same poor planning mistake on Ash.
You should learn better, @Asmus.

Back