Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, Henrietta at least had hair in the show 🤣

The cabin is definitley not accurate but i like that it reminds you of 2 of the most memorable moments in the film (in the workshed with Linda's head/the trap door).
I like that the diorama is more of combination of different parts of the movie. I wish it was taller and had the deerhead though. 😞

It looks like they looked at photos of him in Army of Darkness as well for reference as the hair looks more like the figure in that film View attachment 556344
bruce-campbell-escape-from-la.jpg

That and maybe a little of this.

I dunno, Henrietta at least had hair in the show 🤣

The cabin is definitley not accurate but i like that it reminds you of 2 of the most memorable moments in the film (in the workshed with Linda's head/the trap door).
Yeah, I get you. It's the least offensive thing about the release. Unless you start picking at the paint job and the accuracy. lol Here's a shot of the cabin interior with the cellar door.

cabin.jpg

Wow. Seeing the Asmus version side by side with real Bruce really shows how incorrect the figure likeness is. Bruce has a much more prominent forehead, his lips are a LOT thinner, pointier nose, chin is narrower. I originally thought the likeness wasn't too bad, but it looks nothing like him.

Wow. Seeing the Asmus version side by side with real Bruce really shows how incorrect the figure likeness is. Bruce has a much more prominent forehead, his lips are a LOT thinner, pointier nose, chin is narrower. I originally thought the likeness wasn't too bad, but it looks nothing like him.
Exactly, I was never a fan of the sculpt and its nowhere near as accurate as some want it to be. I doubt paint will save it. Heavy modding might. We're talking shaving off the sides of the hair and resculpting it at the very least. Then it might be passable.

OK being realistic what needs working on?
I think for better likeness, you should trim the puffy hairdo, trim/sand the cheeks and bit of hair in the forehead so that the hairline is accurate, resculpt the eyes, repaint the eyeballs, resculpt the eyebrows and repaint it, add more side jaws, repaint the blood to be more realistic, and add more paints to make bruises effect, also repaint the whole skintone so it looks more lifelike and realistic.

Yes that's what I think. I'm sure you will catch that too, as both of us draw realistic objects, and especially familiar with human face shape.
The repaints will not be able to save it, as @RiggsMcClane said.
Ash is very expressive, and witty. Not only the elements of the faces are wrong proportion and shape wise, but they also failed to capture Ash's witty expression.

Yes that's what I think. I'm sure you will catch that too, as both of us draw realistic objects, and especially familiar with human face shape.
The repaints will not be able to save it, as @RiggsMcClane said.
Ash is very expressive, and witty. Not only the elements of the faces are wrong proportion and shape wise, but they also failed to capture Ash's witty expression.
You're absolutely right. Even the best paintwork won't be able to alter the actual proportions. I really had no idea it was so incorrect until you posted the image! It's as if all they know about Bruce is 'He is famous for his large chin and he raises one eyebrow.' Nothing about the personality behind the chin and eyebrows is present in that sculpt.

You're absolutely right. Even the best paintwork won't be able to alter the actual proportions. I really had no idea it was so incorrect until you posted the image! It's as if all they know about Bruce is 'He is famous for his large chin and he raises one eyebrow.' Nothing about the personality behind the chin and eyebrows is present in that sculpt.
That is sadly true. 😅
The advantage of learning realism, human anatomy and years of practicing drawing object in realism style, is that it's easier to see how accurate or not the likeness is.
It really helps me on deciding to pick/buy a figure or just skip it.

Exactly, I was never a fan of the sculpt and its nowhere near as accurate as some want it to be. I doubt paint will save it. Heavy modding might. We're talking shaving off the sides of the hair and resculpting it at the very least. Then it might be passable.
This is what I mean, I feel like it would be night and day difference with just a re work of the hair.

Voice your opinions but be civil and respectful when doing so; Asta has posted the board rules regarding Trolling, Attacks, and Flaming.

Disregard them and you'll earn yourself a vacation or ban from the board.

You've been warned.
I think it's about time to show 4-5 particular participants the door on this thread at least. Asmus has blown this release. It's clear, they have admitted it, and I think it takes courage to come on here and admit it. I've never seen reps from other companies do it.

Now they are curled up in a little ball on the floor while a few select individuals just keep kicking, and kicking and kicking.

I'd love to see admins break this up.

They're not the poor innocent victim you're portraying them as. We've caught them in multiple lies and essentially forced them to come out into the open by not ignoring the issues and rolling over for the company.
Agree. (y)

I think we all are trying to have a discussion with asmus here, to ask them on what's going on and what to improve/fix on the figure itself. The key to understand each other is communication.

If they made a mistake, but have a good attitude afterwards, I'm sure people will try to understand and treat asmus better.
Problem is, they do admitted their mistake, (and I give them praises for that, clearly in my posts), but they keep doing things that made members here disappointed and angry (for example the case with the prototype pics of henrietta).

So they are not curled up in a little ball.. they are actually throwing sands to the members eyes by blatantly lying.. and even now, I asked nice and politely, twice, about the paintjob that the customers will receive on their henriettas, and they never answered, even when I said all I need is just a simple yes or no.

So now we are at the point of what we need to do to fix a 350 dollar luxury figure...
whats concerning its that even customers say this need so much work to do to fix it thats not even worth it...
And im still curious about the henrietta painting, the henrietta that came out of one of the 6 boxes its total different than the ones from the costumer unboxings...

So now we are at the point of what we need to do to fix a 350 dollar luxury figure...
whats concerning its that even customers say this have so much work to do to fix ir thats not even worth it...
And im still curious about the henrietta painting, the asmus that came out of one of the 6 boxes its total different than the ones from the costumer unboxings...
Yep, this is what I am still working on, trying hard to get @Asmus to confirm it.

Y'all can read yourself in my post on how I asked the question, I always did it nice and politely, in both posts. Asked twice about it. Not a single reply about the paintjob on henrietta, but they keep replying about other things.

And now they are being silent again. :(

They're not the poor innocent victim you're portraying them as. We've caught them in multiple lies and essentially forced them to come out into the open by not ignoring the issues and rolling over for the company.
I think there are a couple members that are taking this too far. The glee with which some our attacking the company is nauseating to see and borders on vendetta like behavior. One member has chosen to make Asmus their own personal Moby Dick. Others are even questioning apologies being sincere enough. Ash is definitely a botched release. Asmus is going to try and atone a bit but they sure can’t financially try a do over on this release right now. Cancel it if you hate it. Get it and take them up on the replacements they are offering and fix what you can if you want. Respectfully complain on whatever social media you choose to. Don’t make it your personal vendetta to trash them every chance you get. Keep buying or stop supporting them

Yep, this is what I am still working on, trying hard to get @Asmus to confirm it.

Y'all can read yourself in my post on how I asked the question, I always did it nice and politely, in both posts. Asked twice about it. Not a single reply about the paintjob on henrietta, but they keep replying about other things.

You’ve bad mouthed them for years with the occasional good job. We’re not talking about this head sculpt is not good enough or the material is wrong. You’ve posted about them being an unethical company and a shady company that karma was going to get. I wouldn’t respond to you either.

Actually, batsheva has posted multiple times on how the figure is inaccurate. Even as recently as one page ago.
Thank you, Riggs :)

You’ve bad mouthed them for years with the occasional good job. We’re not talking about this head sculpt is not good enough or the material is wrong. You’ve posted about them being an unethical company and a shady company that karma was going to get. I wouldn’t respond to you either.
Well, you can read it yourself in this thread, that not only me, but other people also posted about them being a shady company. Read it yourself. And not only here, also on asmus' facebook. Them being unethical and shady is no secret.

I'm not bad mouthing them if what I said is the truth. I still have this screenshot of the customer's complaining about asmus not delivering their promise, and this is from 6 years ago.. (you can find this, and many other similar comments in asmus page yourself, in the post about Tauriel, around 2015). So yes, they have been doing this for years:
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 01.08.27.png

Them changing the product from the prototype without communicating to the customers is shady. Not transparent.
Evidently many people complaints about it, you can read it here.
Lying to us customers, I think that is qualified as being unethical.. don't you think?

And again, you can read it yourself in this thread, everytime I am in a discussion directly with asmus, I always keep it in good polite way.
If they choose not to respond, then it's their call. :)

I intended to maintain good communication with @Asmus here. If you don't like it, then you don't have to read it.

Last edited:
Back