Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Vergil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS has this at 260$ for the regular edition. What's the deal with such a pice hike when the regular Dante is 210$? It's more than I was counting, that's for sure. I'm not some DMC uberfan at that, I just like Vergil's cockiness and swords in general. I'll wait in case Sideshow lists this and I can put it on a payment plan, but I'll have to pass for the moment. Shame though, I was looking forward to this since I'm a villain guy. I never had any intention to buy Dante, but I fear that if I do get Vergil I'll be tempted to hunt down a Dante, and at that point he'll be going for aftermarket prices and- Gah, why do I have to like so many things...

BBTS has this at 260$ for the regular edition. What's the deal with such a pice hike when the regular Dante is 210$? It's more than I was counting, that's for sure. I'm not some DMC uberfan at that, I just like Vergil's cockiness and swords in general. I'll wait in case Sideshow lists this and I can put it on a payment plan, but I'll have to pass for the moment. Shame though, I was looking forward to this since I'm a villain guy. I never had any intention to buy Dante, but I fear that if I do get Vergil I'll be tempted to hunt down a Dante, and at that point he'll be going for aftermarket prices and- Gah, why do I have to like so many things...
Get the regular at Asmus online store it's $215 the NRD is $20 and it's free world wide shipping.

Get the regular at Asmus online store it's $215 the NRD is $20 and it's free world wide shipping.
I put all of my POs on a payment plan. It's easier to juggle them. I have too much going on at any given time to pay off figures completely. I'll wait a bit in case SS puts him up and I can put it on installments. Otherwise I'll wait until he's released and see if I have cash to spare then. Thanks for the tip though.

I put all of my POs on a payment plan. It's easier to juggle them. I have too much going on at any given time to pay off figures completely. I'll wait a bit in case SS puts him up and I can put it on installments. Otherwise I'll wait until he's released and see if I have cash to spare then. Thanks for the tip though.
Sideshow will have him up so check now cause they do sell out or get waitliated sometimes.

Getting the luxury version because I'm a sucker ;P I want those additional weapons. I don't know why, but Vergil's release has really made me wish they had updated their stands. The DMC3 inspired brick like stands just don't really look right. But it's easily fixable I guess.

Getting the luxury version because I'm a sucker ;P I want those additional weapons. I don't know why, but Vergil's release has really made me wish they had updated their stands. The DMC3 inspired brick like stands just don't really look right. But it's easily fixable I guess.
They actually are more DMC4 since it began with Dante from DMC4 when they first did the line. I agree they could have given him a particular stand.

FYI Asmus has posted more photos on Facebook of just the headsculpt in hand - IMO looks much better than the promo photos! If anyone's concerned about the headsculpt go have a look.

He might come with the spinning swords he can place around an enemy he also does a taunt where he spins it above his head.

Hmm I doubt that, it would have been mentioned in the listing

Isn't that included already with the deluxe?

DMC5LUXFamily.jpg

That's what I mean they have it with a question mark as if we don't know from the silhouette. Lol but I guess it's not a site exclusive item, but what would he really have came with that he doesn't already have right.
It's listed on their website as part of the set. The question mark is most likely they haven't finalized the design. How about an activated DSD for Dante as a store exclusive? It doesn't have to be Vergil specific, right @inyacher? Hehehe! Although, I'd say, I'll pay for a weapon set expansion for Dante which would include effects like the red mirage blades, different modes of king Cerberus, a lighter DSD and Sparda so that Dante can hold it properly, maybe Kalina Anne or shotgun. The Cavaliere is too big.

Awakened_Devil_Sword_Dante.png

Last edited:
It's listed on their website as part of the set. The question mark is most likely they haven't finalized the design. How about an activated DSD for Dante as a store exclusive? It doesn't have to be Vergil specific, right @inyacher? Hehehe! Although, I'd say, I'll pay for a weapon set expansion for Dante which would include effects like the red mirage blades, different modes of king Cerberus, a lighter DSD and Spartan so that Dante can hold it properly, maybe Kalina Anne or shotgun. The Cavaliere is too big.

View attachment 534164
I always wondered why Asmus never included the Coyote A Shotgun with any of their Dante's he had it all of the games. I actually would also like them to include different hand gestures for Dante also or even a new expression sculpt like how they have done for all their LOTR figures. Definitely some cool ideas indeed.

I always wondered why Asmus never included the Coyote A Shotgun with any of their Dante's he had it all of the games. I actually would also like them to include different hand gestures for Dante also or even a new expression sculpt like how they have done for all their LOTR figures. Definitely some cool ideas indeed.
They could definitely take it up another level even with Nero. Speaking of which, I forgot that the swords need to be properly sized (DSD, Red queen, Sparda) but lighter if they ever do it again. They can even include the combat ratings (S, SS, SSS) to put on the stand. Vergil is pretty much complete in his basic form. Nobody has really went that deep with DMC in terms of the action figure market which is unfortunate.

This may or may not work for the aesthetic you want with your figures, but I'm sure there'd be a way to display an S/SS/SSS enamel badge like the ones sold online (Etsy etc.). Some do look made and sized well, just need a way to display them suspended or pinned to a background.

Re: shotgun, if that DMC1 Dante is on their list for 2022 - not sure if just for designing rather than PO/release - there's got to be a good chance of the shotgun turning up with that figure given the lower weapon count in DMC1. At least I reckon it's more likely than the grenade or Nightmare-Beta. Although, the thought of a detachable Nightmare-Beta arm does make me chuckle.

+1 for Asmus releasing weapon upgrade packs. The LOTR fans suggested Asmus start releasing diorama pieces, can't see why they can't branch out with weapon and diorama add-ons based on demand for these IPs.

For Bleah's message #76, Yes correct. A complete set of Mirage Edge in a circular effect is listed in feature description of Luxury edition. The question mark is just we keep its photo in secret and will show it after this.

Back