Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Vergil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...looks navy to me. His pants are black, so comparing his coat to his pants in color, his coat looks like a dark navy blue.
His color has always been blue. Dante, of course, red. And Nero, purple being that he is a combo of the two as far as personality and skills.
Yeah no to me it's black with a blue hue due to light. Plus he has light frost blue as a trim around his jacket. To me Nero is more dark blue then purple where Vergil has always had a bright blue color. Of course Dante wears red with black most of the time. Nero seems to mix both with dark blue as his coat and dark red shirt both in DMC4 and DMC5.

The DMC3 figures definitely do have that kind of look, but then they were based off of ps2 style graphics. The DMC V figures look so realistic due to the fact that the devs used actual people to model and not create their look from scratch or a certain art style. My only gripe thus far with the DMC V figures has been Nero. The sculpt isn't 100% how he looks in game or like the model, but it is close enough to know who it is.

It's still an amazing figure. I'm also looking forward to the DamToys Resident Evil 2 Leon figure. Hopefully they do Claire and maybe even Birkin and Ada. But DamToys takes their sweet ass time with their figures, but they usually end up being phenomenal. I collect their Gangsters Kingdom line and im always blown away by those figures.

Yeah, I get why the DMC3 look how they look. Like I said, I'm not an Uber-Fan, so just a DMC5 Vergil's enough for me. He really does have a God-Tier look this time around.

As for RE, this is again not one of the franchises I was really into. The only one that'd tempt me would be a Wesker. What can I say, I love this type of character.

Full reveal in 2 days!!!
227910475_10157932332116968_1939959002413324736_n.jpg

Hmm, POP Toys doing the clothing? That's interesting, their stuff always looks great.

Longtime lurker finally posting out of excitement after an update on this figure at last!

Can't wait for official images on the offical Asmus pages, I was so confused earlier about why the new photo wasn't showing up when I refreshed their Facebook page (more times than I care to admit, haha), then I realized it was from the director's page. Would love to see a clear image of the full face, basically the silhouette photo but fully revealed. Looks really promising from the side view though...dare I say maybe better than DMC5 Dante?

I'm guessing there will be a deluxe version with weapons from the SE.

Wow, Mirage Blade...
Not expected lol

Attachments

• DMC5LUX02a.jpg
    DMC5LUX02a.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 118
  • DMC5LUX03c.jpg
    DMC5LUX03c.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DMC5LUX04a.jpg
    DMC5LUX04a.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DMC5LUX05a.jpg
    DMC5LUX05a.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 89
  • DMC5LUX06b.jpg
    DMC5LUX06b.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DMC5LUX09a.jpg
    DMC5LUX09a.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DMC5LUX12a.jpg
    DMC5LUX12a.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DMC5LUX16a.jpg
    DMC5LUX16a.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DMC5LUXFamily.jpg
    DMC5LUXFamily.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 84
Assuming the price is similar to the Dante figs, I'll probably go for the normal edition. I'm not throwing 80 more dollars for some plastic bits that I'll never use.

devil_may_cry_5__vergil_by_heliosal_dd3ds72-fullview.jpg

devil_may_cry_5__vergil_by_heliosal_dd3ds72-fullview-2.jpg

tumblr_pugt373lKt1yq0tfao9_1280.jpg

As usual, the proportion of clothes seems to have changed due to Asmus's own body problems.
The coat became shorter overall, and the shoulders narrowed.

This issue has long been addressed and even if we have become accustomed to it,
the color issue is a bit serious.

They made Vergil's color(vest, boots) too bright, whether it meant reflection on making Nero's coat too murky.
Boots don't even feel right in color.

I hope Asmus will take these matters into consideration and correct them.

View attachment 533786

View attachment 533789

View attachment 533785

As usual, the proportion of clothes seems to have changed due to Asmus's own body problems.
The coat became shorter overall, and the shoulders narrowed.

This issue has long been addressed and even if we have become accustomed to it,
the color issue is a bit serious.

They made Vergil's color(vest, boots) too bright, whether it meant reflection on making Nero's coat too murky.
Boots don't even feel right in color.

I hope Asmus will take these matters into consideration and correct them.
These are good points. Asmus have been checking the DMC threads now also so any constructive criticism helps. And I agree the coat length is a bit short but that can also be the angle we will have to asses the images posted. But the sculpt definitely looks good. I also hope Yamato's pummel has more design and gold coloring it just looks plain black. Also some more images for reference on the length.
1b1380d3f2312db0c6f043bf9bc56e42.jpg
a9857b5bd67f8847ca0e1c9084ca06e9.jpg
39b1650aed5d5af0eceed3b9866a4e29.jpg

Pre-ordered the Luxury edition, looks very good but there's slight room for improvement.

Back