Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mf8uq9XzEu1qb4p3ko1_r1_500.gif

Haldir dead 2 sm.jpg

Do you mean that there will be a new 1/6 Boromir figure coming in the future? That would be so awesome!
I do hope so!! :pray::pray: I really want him in my collection, great character...would prefer FOTR version tbh, but I'll take a armored version if it's the only available option. As I've said before the first version hardly ever comes up on eBay UK, so is virtually impossible to track down - so us new(ish) collectors need a chance to get him.

I’d love to buy the majority or Hot Toys’ earliest releases but a company perpetually keeping former figures in circulation or mildly updating them every few years for 2.0s, 3.0s etc. to give newer collectors a chance (potentially aggravating long/time collectors who need to constantly re-buy the same figures to have the best version) while simultaneously trying to grow the line with new figures/characters and expand the company’s reach by undertaking new licenses always seems like a big ask to me.

Then again, members of The Fellowship really should be available at pretty much all times because anyone getting into the line is likely going to want the main 9 heroes…

As long as any improved parts are offered as add on packs then it seems like a win win win situation.

Seems like quite a few people are ready to buy a restocked Boromir, especially if there are some improvements to the figure. Wonder if @Asmus plans to make him available soon.
It is either Godorian armor or the fellowship look that bothers us.

W want to do something new,
but fellowship still has a good amount of demands

Let me suggest this.

Do a small run of the Fellowship look. Upgrade the head sculpt. The hair does not need to be rooted. But give collectors who would like to complete their Fellowship a chance to add this to their collection. Especially since you know there is demand.

After that, start working on an armored version. You can re-use the armor to make a generic Gondorian soldier, the way you made generic Elven warriors from the prologue. They will sell - because people can army build with their armored Boromir. And, the armor looks nice enough that many people who have the Fellowship version will also buy the armored look.

I think this would be a good strategy for your team and I think your fans will support it. Boromir is popular for his character and the actor who played him.

I do think they should make both versions, but not at the same time. Boromir is one of the few characters across pop culture I would buy every version of, but I likely wouldn't buy both at the same time, especially this year with a lot of other figures on the horizon that I'm looking forward to.

I think a Fellowship version for anyone who missed out makes sense since they have it designed already and just need to tweak/improve things, and as soon as that's ready they should start working on the armored version. Would be nice to see that for 2023. Like I suggested, they can make some generic Gondorian soldiers with it to reuse some of their design pieces. Hot Toys has always been big into that with the Star Wars trooper armor pieces so I'm sure it's easy profit.

I personally would prefer the fellowship 2.0 Boromir with a decent head sculpt and maybe some nice luxury base but if you need to do something new, Gondorian armor Boromir I will take as well no questions asked.

Gondorian armour with separate upgrade head pack. Re-release Boromir slim figure from fellowship later.

No slim lol. Do a full re-release of the Fellowship Boromir or don't do it at all. People want upgrades, not less.

I agree. As someone just starting their LoTR 1/6 scale collection I would much rather purchase a full-release rather than a slim pack. Crown series FTW! Can't wait for my Gandalf to arrive.

I just wish I could find a retail priced Gimli and an affordable original Arwen 1.0 :cry: I'm always late to the party!

I agree. As someone just starting their LoTR 1/6 scale collection I would much rather purchase a full-release rather than a slim pack. Crown series FTW! Can't wait for my Gandalf to arrive.

I just wish I could find a retail priced Gimli and an affordable original Arwen 1.0 :cry: I'm always late to the party!
For what it's worth, the new Arwen is definitely superior to the original Arwen. If that's the look you want to have then obviously you know what you're looking for, but if you can't find one for a decent price, get the new one. It's really nice.

No slim lol. Do a full re-release of the Fellowship Boromir or don't do it at all. People want upgrades, not less.
Have Asmus re-released a figure before with just a new head sculpt? I thought that they had always done that previously as a slim (maybe leaving out a cloak or something).

I guess it all depends on when you started collecting the line. I'd rather Haldir or something new than a Boromir re-release but if it was Boromir armoured up with the flag (maybe even a horse.... I dream) then I would be hitting that pre-order button in a heart beat.

Boromir in Gondorian armour is an instant order for me (Faramir too). Oh and every variation of Gondor armour while you are at it. Oh and Denethor too. 😅

The original Boromir figure is incredible in regards to it's accessories. That velvet cape with fur trim is amazing and all the metal buckles really make the outfit look very well put together. My only nitpick is that his coat is flared out at the bottom so it won't stay close to his legs like the movie version. Tweak that and I'd buy the full figure again and a new HS too haha.

The HS is good overall and I really like mine after I've tweaked the rooted hair and darkened the goatee but I know some people don't like it so I'd happily take a new version (rooted or sculpted hair).

Back