Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent post. Not much to add, really.

The Fellowship Nine require re-releases in order to bring in new customers/collectors but they can't be constantly replacing new figures in the production queue. The Boromir releases were not really that long ago but Asmus tends to have smaller runs than other companies, so they sell out quicker.

My recommendation is to slip in a re-visited figure between every "3 or 4" new figures. This provides the established collector with new opportunities while still welcoming in the newer collectors with the first tier figures.

Here's an example:

- Armored Boromir
- Moria Orc/Goblin
- Crown Gandalf the White
- Fellowship Boromir
- Lurtz Urk-hai
- Edoras Eowyn
- Isildur
- Gimli
- Council of Elrond - Elrond
- Wormtongue
- Denethor
- The four Hobbits
- etc...

Just my thoughts...
this would be a good idea because we’d be getting new character’s without interruptions on the line.
On a side note, I really hope we get Sauron and Isildur sooner than later… and can’t forget Haldir!

WeChat 圖片_20220126194848.jpg

Bo_sj.jpg

WeChat 圖片_20220126194831.jpg

WeChat 圖片_20220126194837.jpg

We got this wonderful head sculpted nearly completed,
We are really trying to nail this one.
SO Awesome, love you Asmus :) Can not wait to pre-order this Boromir figure. The head sculpt looks great so far and I am a personally bigger fan of sculpted hair for sure.

Last edited:
Hate to be negative but I'm seeing more Josh Brolin in Dune (obviously different hair) than Sean Bean here. Maybe it'll look different painted.

The hair looks a lot better than the original version though.

It‘s looking great Asmus!! :rock Can’t wait to see it painted up. Is it going to be a full figure release then? Thought I saw something about an upgrade pack somewhere…so don’t want to get my hopes up too much!:lol

The new headsculpt looks much, much better than the previous one, that's very cool 👏🏼

But I was expecting to see a full rooted hair headsculpt, like in Gandalf, Gimli, Arwen... Why sculpted? Could you offer us both options with different prices at least? 😢

Asmus offered both options last time.

I prefer sculpted but will be getting whichever route they go with him. I really my like 1.0 Boromir but will be getting this one too.

Asmus PLEASE keep making the two piece boots. I really like having the possible ankles it allows for a lot more dynamic poses.

Also prefer sculpted and will be buying that as soon as it’s available.

I believe Asmus said in the Faramir thread they will only be doing split boots from now on so that shouldn’t be an issue.

The new headsculpt looks much, much better than the previous one, that's very cool 👏🏼

But I was expecting to see a full rooted hair headsculpt, like in Gandalf, Gimli, Arwen... Why sculpted? Could you offer us both options with different prices at least? 😢
Many collectors that I know, including me, are actually very happy this is going to be sculpted hair. I don't have any data to really confirm this, but I think more 1:6 collectors prefer sculpted hair over rooted. Not everyone wants to style the hair of their figures to look decent. I want the figure to great right out of the box.

Asmus is going to do pretty well with this release. Hope it’s out this year but they can take all the time they need. I love that we’re going to get to upgrade this character.

I will gladly still support an armored look to thank them for their effort here.

Asmus, please, also make a Luxury Edition Boromir with a nice diorama base :)
Let’s just take the restock here lol this kind of stuff, especially with an upgrade, doesn’t happen much in this hobby.

If they can make a nice Amon Hen base in a timely fashion that’d be cool but I’d rather they don’t take too much time on extra things so they can get new stuff out.

Back