Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are now working on the hair pieces.
Let me take some photos today at work.

Boromir will go directly to production without any pre-orders.
If you aren't able to take photos, I understand, but I'd like to respectfully ask if you can please give up some update as to when this will be ready for production.

I know the collecting community has been a sore spot for you this year, but there are many who still wish to support you, myself included, as long as you put figures out that we know you are capable of. However, there are a lot of other companies putting things out that we may need to start budgeting for, and it would be nice to know when Boromir and other figures will be available so we can plan accordingly.

With Hot Toys doing Star Wars prequel figures again, Spider-Man Tobey and Andrew, some exciting LIM Toys figures that are coming and DAMToys military that I've gotten into, there are going to be a lot of things to spend my money on and I want to budget accordingly to still support Asmus as well.

I understand your position with community releases and I do sympathize, but please help us help you as well.

Yes, thank you for the message.

Boromir prototype is now complete and is going to production,
we will be launching it as an in stock item.

Once again, we will be making no changes except the heads,
so an upgrade kit will also be available,
Thank you for the info. What is the reasoning for no pre-orders? You can open preorders for the number of figures you are now producing, let's say 500 only. I believe the preoder option would make some of us collectors calmer as we will not be afraid about Boromir going out of stock in an hour or two.

Thanks for the update. (y) Will it be made available to retailers or will it be just from yourselves that it can be purchased?

thanks... the upgrade kit will be avaible as soon as you put boromir full set in order or we have to expect it at late time?

Thank you for this - but can you please provide a little more information? Will this be available 2Q if it is in production? 3Q? Later? The good thing about preordering was being able to budget accordingly.

I’m definitely not asking to be nosy or pushy, I’m asking to ensure I can support your releases.

I’ll pick up the upgrade head sculpt provided it’s an appreciable improvement. There are only a few more LotR characters remaining that would interest me. I think re-releases/upgrades are the way to bring in new collectors and keep existing collectors engaged. It would also help Asmus keep up with Queen Studios. I’d definitely be in for improved headsculpts with rooted hair (and beards) of:
Saruman
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippen
Faramir
Galadriel

Personally still waiting on Haldir, Eowyn, Aragorn, Isildur, Gil-Galad, Frodo and Sam. All characters I don’t have and consider “needs”.
Do you post on instagram on Asmus posts? I see someone asking for Haldir and Eowyn on every one of their new posts. :D

I’ll pick up the upgrade head sculpt provided it’s an appreciable improvement. There are only a few more LotR characters remaining that would interest me. I think re-releases/upgrades are the way to bring in new collectors and keep existing collectors engaged. It would also help Asmus keep up with Queen Studios. I’d definitely be in for improved headsculpts with rooted hair (and beards) of:
Saruman
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippen
Faramir
Galadriel
Galadriel is a very recent release so I’d consider what they produced evidence of their current sculpting and hairing abilities and extremely unlikely to receive an upgrade Amy time remotely soon.

I actually find her to be one of their better likenesses- especially in comparison to other event figures like HD Legolas or Faramir who bares almost no resemblance to the actor.

It’s funny how divisive that Legolas figure is. I still like the likeness much more than the original figure because they got rid of the square head.

Agreed on Faramir though. Hope there’s a replacement sculpt available someday. Something is off about it.

I have Boromir 1.0, so an upgrade kit with the new sculpt definitely helps and I'll be buying it. Thank you Asmus for listening to the collectors and indeed a very good decision to offer both options for those who missed the first release. More power to you!

Any other improvements to this new Boromir, besides the HS?
Will there be a rooted version of this new head?
Thx Asmus!

Really hate when someone says they are going to do something and they don’t follow through. Every time this thread is bumped, (yea I did it to)I excitedly click on the thread expecting pics.
Yeah. Even just a follow up like “sorry guys, head office isn’t ready to post pics yet”.
I’d actually like to know if regular retailers are getting this release or if it’s just through Asmus.

Back