Asmus Toys: Boromir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly even I’m getting annoyed now. They’re posting pictures in other threads and ignoring tags in this one. There’s people asking for updates who have been nothing but supportive, it shouldn’t be this hard to share a picture or give a release window.
It’s honestly crossed my mind that since the Evil Dead debacle that they’ve started to troll us.

If they wanted to go after people like batsheva who were extremely rude I wouldn’t have an issue, but many of us have still pledged support so I’m not sure what’s going on here.
On Instagram they posted a photo of the Hobbit diorama. They posted something like, a quick picture of something that could have been amazing in everyone’s collection. Kind of struck me as odd. Not showing pics of Boromir as well. We shall see I guess.

It’s honestly crossed my mind that since the Evil Dead debacle that they’ve started to troll us.

If they wanted to go after people like batsheva who were extremely rude I wouldn’t have an issue, but many of us have still pledged support so I’m not sure what’s going on here.

On Instagram they posted a photo of the Hobbit diorama. They posted something like, a quick picture of something that could have been amazing in everyone’s collection. Kind of struck me as odd. Not showing pics of Boromir as well. We shall see I guess.
That seems strangely mean-spirited
Like its blaming us? What exactly did we do? As far as I am aware the diorama was the thing that most excited people on that thread and what was encouraging people to buy the Bilbo figure, the lack of its inclusion has no doubt killed sales of that figure quite a bit. Hardly OUR fault.
I understand if Asmus is a little pissed off - but to be fair, the situation regarding Ash was one of their own making and while some particular commenters on that thread went a bit overboard in their hate campaign - it is also fair to say Asmus acted a bit shiftilly in that debacle as well - not everyone showed their best side and its best to move past it.
In fact the LOTR pages/community was probably the ONLY fans Asmus had that actively stuck up for them during that whole debacle so it would seem like a particularly odd case of self-sabotage if they are now turning against us.
I hope we're wrong and its not some expression of deliberate malice or aloofness and all this has a more innocent explanation. A lot of us here have been VERY loyal customers to Asmus and I would hate for that relationship to sour and for us to take our business elsewhere. I love Asmus' work and their figures are some of my favourites in my collection.

They promised a Haldir figure??
1651974842384.gif

If I had to guess Asmus is done communicating and engaging in social like they used to, the whole Ash debacle probably killed most collector's trust in them and then when InArt announced they would be doing TLOtR figures the majority of collectors began throwing all the work Asmus had done under the bus, that was probably the last straw for the reps posting on here, I mean they're still being held in contempt by the vast majority of collectors everywhere so it's best to see what their next move is, if they will let their work speak for itself going forward then I understand them not wanting to communicate like they used to.

If I had to guess Asmus is done communicating and engaging in social like they used to, the whole Ash debacle probably killed most collector's trust in them and then when InArt announced they would be doing TLOtR figures the majority of collectors began throwing all the work Asmus had done under the bus, that was probably the last straw for the reps posting on here, I mean they're still being held in contempt by the vast majority of collectors everywhere so it's best to see what their next move is, if they will let their work speak for itself going forward then I understand them not wanting to communicate like they used to.
I absolutely understand it, I just don’t agree with it. I think the haters are confined to the InArt and Ash threads here. There’s been a lot of people trying to show them some support to even it out. I can’t say it’s wise turning their backs on those people who are still trying to engage with them after the Ash debacle but I can’t blame them either.

Boromir is now in production already,
because we are now doing a in stock sells for all our new products,
which very much limited what I can show before it is announced.
sorry...
Nice to hear he's in production, but I would love to know if he's going to regular retailers or only available from the Asmus site please.

Back