Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it’s a definite improvement. Kudos to Asmus for listening to feedback. Far too rare in this hobby.

Yeah, I was getting her regardless, but I'm always very happy to see they're open to tweaking. That's one of the things that keeps me coming back as a customer.

any idea what accessories it will come with?

Features:
· An authentic likeness of character from the film.
· Four pairs of exchangeable gloved hands
Special features on Clothing:
· One dark blue robe with drawstring and metal buckle
· One pair of dark blue long underpants
. One pair of two parted boots (enhanced ankle joints)
. One pair of glove arm wrap
Special features in weapons:
· One die-cast Hadhafang
. One sheath
Accessories:
· One Asmus Toys figure stand

The odd thing about her accessories ... and this is actually an issue with the original movie costume, not Asmus ... is that her sheath doesn't have a belt. I believe it's lashed to her saddle. So while she has a sheath, she won't actually be able to wear it on her hip.

I wonder if any of the hands are molded so she can hold the sheath so you can pose her as though she's drawing the sword? Otherwise, it feels like an accessory that will be doomed to stay in the box.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out a curious thing. And again, this isn't Asmus' fault. It's accurate to the costume in the film.

I for one am curious to see the back of the head (as in where the hair sculpt stops and the strands of hair meet it).
I have bought every single figure but,
while I personally think improvements have been made (thank you Asmus), I don't know it they are enough to make me want to keep my pre order for this one?

Gimli was so good, and now back to this - shades of Tauriel...
(the back will make it or break it for me)

I for one am curious to see the back of the head (as in where the hair sculpt stops and the strands of hair meet it).
I have bought every single figure but,
while I personally think improvements have been made (thank you Asmus), I don't know it they are enough to make me want to keep my pre order for this one?

Gimli was so good, and now back to this - shades of Tauriel...
(the back will make it or break it for me)
Totally agree. I’ve come to accept that the sculpts are not going to be 100%. The mixed media hair though really has me questioning if I really need this or not.

The arched eyebrows and longer lashes do seem to help a bit.

I agree that the mixed media will be something to see in hand. From the pictures, it looks like the sheen of the "real" hair doesn't match the sculpted/painted hair very well. Perhaps a thin gloss on the sculpted hair will give it enough oily sheen to better match the faux hair.

Agreed. I've already pre-ordered as well but do appreciate the updates.

To me, the face seems a bit wide and perhaps that is making the eyes look smaller?

Thanks for the update, Asmus! This is encouraging. I still think I'll be waiting until its actually released to order this one.

The odd thing about her accessories ... and this is actually an issue with the original movie costume, not Asmus ... is that her sheath doesn't have a belt. I believe it's lashed to her saddle. So while she has a sheath, she won't actually be able to wear it on her hip.

I wonder if any of the hands are molded so she can hold the sheath so you can pose her as though she's drawing the sword? Otherwise, it feels like an accessory that will be doomed to stay in the box.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out a curious thing. And again, this isn't Asmus' fault. It's accurate to the costume in the film.

This reminded me that the same thing happens with Aragorn and Anduril. He never wears the sheath (until the coronation). It's always strapped to Brego. And then Brego runs off with it - twice!

She looks much better, not perfect but i can at least understand who its meant to be.

to me its the Barbie doll look killing this one, I don't own many females because of this, they wear so much makeup there are no distinguishing features in the skin like on men. Maybe if the skin had more texture to it and not so smooth/plastic looking.

best female likenesses I have seen are helmeted ones like Hela and Malificent (which also shows hair is an issue, that why most black widows look bad)

Short sculpted hair works. Anything longer needs to be rooted. Period. Legolas proves this.

I think the face paint application looks fine now. I own a ton of female figures and most of them have painted on makeup. Besides, these are dolls. They aren’t Tonner Dolls, but they’re still dolls.

I mean, its a bit harsh to say it looks too much like a Barbie doll. Liv is very pretty, and she does wear soft make up as Arwen, and she is an Elf, which means her skin is kinda perfect.

This isn’t a figurine of the girl working at your local Subway.

I am late to respond to the updated Arwen but it looks so much better now to my eye. I will likely need to add her to my collection.

Back