Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eomer arrived today AND got my shipping notice for Arwen....if she has the same quality as Eomer I will be ELATED (ready for Galadriel and Elrond!)

Has there been any word of Galadriel? shes who im holding out for...

Eager to see in hand pictures.

Mine arrived today...only had time for a few quick just out of the box pics...definitely better looking from the profile view. No regrets on the purchase, but this is a couple steps back after Gimli, Thorin, and Eomer.

IMG_1124.jpgIMG_1125.jpgIMG_1132.jpgIMG_1133.jpg

Hmmm... not too bad. I agree, perhaps a step or two back from recent releases. To me, it looks a little to “doll-like” when it comes to her facial features. But as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, elves have immaculate skin, so I can understand the possible intent. I still look forward to receiving my pre-order and will enjoy posing Arwen next to a 1/6 white horse. Thanks for posting!

In the pictures she looks much better than I thought she would. How does the mixed media hair look? I don’t have her on preorder but I think she’ll be around for awhile and I may get her later. Especially if she goes on sale like I think she will.

Mine arrived today...only had time for a few quick just out of the box pics...definitely better looking from the profile view. No regrets on the purchase, but this is a couple steps back after Gimli, Thorin, and Eomer.

View attachment 445495View attachment 445496View attachment 445497View attachment 445498

Looks great! Can’t wait for mine.
A step back from Gimli, Thorin I’m not so sure of as we must remember how companies find it difficult to sculpt young women versus men and monsters which tend to have defining features to their faces making sculpting easier.
Anyway think she looks great. Can’t wait for Tuesday!

So, who else is still waiting on their invoice from Asmus for the balance on Arwen? I can't believe people are already receiving this, and I'm still waiting on an invoice. Preordered Day 1, check my Spam and PayPal account constantly, and I've contacted Asmus twice, but still nothing. :impatient:

I'm ok with this. Turned out better than the original unveiling. The somewhat more doll like look to the face is appropriate for an elf, but she isn't the first elf we've gotten.

Here's a shot of the back of her head showing the mixed media hair. Her braids are a sort of rubbery material. It blends well under most lighting...I took this pic directly under a lamp so it'd stand out more:

arwen.jpg

Arwen's head sculpt does not fit over her neck piece but instead rests on top of it (probably to avoid a gap at her jawline). The trade-off is she can't really be posed looking up:

arwen2.jpg

In the pictures she looks much better than I thought she would. How does the mixed media hair look? I don’t have her on preorder but I think she’ll be around for awhile and I may get her later. Especially if she goes on sale like I think she will.

:exactly: Same. She isn't high up on my list of wants atm, but may pick her up at a later date if can find her for a good price. Looks good in the pics shown so far. :)

Back