Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does seem weird that the artist nailed GTG and Saruman but can't get a better likeness of Aragorn. The first released pics of GTW were awesome as well.

They were done by different people.

Don't know why they don't give them all to the person that did Gandalf, then they'd be pretty good.

Thanks. Don't know why that didn't show up when I searched.

Probably because the search function here isn't very good. I typically use google to search the site if I'm looking for something, it seems to get better hits.

Probably because the search function here isn't very good. I typically use google to search the site if I'm looking for something, it seems to get better hits.
Wow, that's pretty crazy, but thanks for the tip.

Hi! I'm new here, but I've been looking through the pages, and I think what that last sculpt needs is 3 things:

-bigger eyes (like the unpainted sculpt a few pages back)
-smaller bridge of the nose (have the eyebrows closer together)

and, most importantly,

-have the hair be fuller, cut the top of it. He looks like he has a cone shaped head, and it just squeezes the whole sculpt; I think a totally new sculpt of the hair would be the best. The beard *could* be a little fuller, but in the last images it looked ok. The jawline, mouth area and nose look great, and while I think the detailed hair looks awesome, it really needs a makeover.

Well, that's my two cents, anyway, still, even if they keep it like this, I think I would still be satisfied. The figure looks amazing, and I really want to see the whole figure and accessories! Thanks

Any news on this? What is taking so long?
Are we now in 5th or 6th iteration of the head sculpt?
Just take ACIs, recast it and correct the ducklips and straighten the upwards looking "How are you doin' " look and we are good...

Just take ACIs, recast it and correct the ducklips and straighten the upwards looking "How are you doin' " look and we are good...

wwe111.jpg

well, I WAS going for the funny note there...
I am somewhat amazed how all praise ACI sculpt given the two drawbacks I mentioned above.

I actually really like the sculpt on the ACI. The lips didn't bother me over-much, but the eye placement really can be distracting. There seems to be a fair amount of variation in the in-hand pics, though. Some have the extreme "Kubrick Stare," but others seem a bit less exaggerated. It really is amazing how much difference a fraction of a millimeter seems to make.

That's why I'm really hoping Asmus knocks this one out of the park. They're really close, I think. There are a few very tiny tweaks that could be made that could make this sculpt look just as good or better than ACI's. I'm really pulling for them! I want this figure to rock harder than any other figure in this line.

I too am pulling for Asmus to hit a homer on this. It's hard to keep waiting, but you have to admire them for their efforts. They could have just said, "That's it, you're getting this and you're going to like it". Such a crucial character has to be cone right. I, probably like a good many here, have the ACI, so waiting isn't a problem.

How is that harsh? I don't care for it, especially for the price, but the clothing and accessories are awesome.

That's fine. I don't get the complaints on the sculpt but that's just me. I can understand not wanting rooted hair though.

Back