Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair slightly adjusted
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Received Aragorn head today and no neck peg either.
cee99a0274c9009cd6b00cb4af5147b4.jpg
659fc8588256aa657e2dbeed86836dc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could have used the same amount of money on putting a better paint job on the old sculpt. Perhaps the hair and resculpting cost a lot which is why the paint suffered a lot. Asmus really dropped the ball on this. I was going to get the new figure but cancelled those plans and got a first release which I will get rehaired. There is no comparison honestly.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Even though that pic is side by side, I'm not 100% sure that's definitive proof the sculpt is different. The angles (in relation to the camera) are slightly different, the hair totally changes the look of the shape of the faces and they have very different paint jobs.

I got my replacement head this morning and haven't had time to really compare them, but I'm not convinced it's a new sculpt. I actually thought the new head looked very good straight out of the box.

Looking forward to a close inspection tonight.

Got my head yesterday. Haven't had the chance to compare them. I do agree with Bucky Underbelly that these don't have to be different sculpts. The hairline goes a long way to changing the whole appearance of this. I'm more focused on the eyes, which look very different, but that is probably due to slightly different sized irises and pupils.

Okay, just made the comparison. I thought I was going to have to do an in-depth up close investigation, but as soon as I got the two together, I could see they were the same sculpt. That picture by D..C is really distorting the sculpted hair head for some reason. I actually like the rooted hair version because it makes the top of his head less conical.

Okay, just made the comparison. I thought I was going to have to do an in-depth up close investigation, but as soon as I got the two together, I could see they were the same sculpt. That picture by D..C is really distorting the sculpted hair head for some reason. I actually like the rooted hair version because it makes the top of his head less conical.
Oh that's interestimg. I was too rash in judging the sculpts and as someone pointed out the angles through them off. Perhaps the cost of the rooted hair meant that the paint had to suffer which is very unfortunate. The hair is obviously better now but if it meant doing that to the paint I would rather have improved sculpted hair instead.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Did a little work on the hair. First I pulled it up off the scalp in the front. Then I shortened some to either side of the face. Aragorn's hair isn't the same length front to back. I took a couple of pieces that I cut and just dabbed a little super glue on the end and hung them over the forehead. Still needs more work but a quick once over and I think it helps a lot. May dry brush some more whiskers in on the beard.
006.JPG
007.JPG

That looks great. Those shorter strands make a huge difference.

I'm very tempted to wash some of the gunk out of his hair and re-style it ... but I'm kind of terrified I might screw it up.

Added a little more to the beard. Didn't want to go too far. Might be hard to see some of the lighter coloring. Brought moustache a little further down. Does it need more?
010.JPG
012.JPG

Apologies to everyone for the poor photo, it wasn't my intention to show differences other than in paint. In my eye they are the same sculpt and in hand i like the new one better as well.

Back