Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks absolutely amazing but I'm gonna wait for in-hand pics of actual production pieces, Asmus is a great company as far as listening to thier fans but the figures seem to be hit or miss.

Asmus, I haven't got any reply regarding my nazgul (bought the set with the steed) replacement body and it has been weeks since I e-mailed, :(

Asmus, I haven't got any reply regarding my nazgul (bought the set with the steed) replacement body and it has been weeks since I e-mailed, :(

hi Zombini,

The replacement body thing is kind of an extra work load, so the email reply will not be as swift as our regular mails. Sorry about this...

But don't worry, every email goes to that mail box will be answered and taken care of, so if you have everything we ask for, your order is as good as any.
At moment we do not have a timeline for this event, until stock runs out, or should I say until everyone has got the body.

The new body is printed with Saruman, it will be in mint quality, and it is due to start shipping in early December.

hi Zombini,

The replacement body thing is kind of an extra work load, so the email reply will not be as swift as our regular mails. Sorry about this...

But don't worry, every email goes to that mail box will be answered and taken care of, so if you have everything we ask for, your order is as good as any.
At moment we do not have a timeline for this event, until stock runs out, or should I say until everyone has got the body.

The new body is printed with Saruman, it will be in mint quality, and it is due to start shipping in early December.

Thanks, that's really comforting to know. I have also pre-ordered Saruman :)

If he turns out as good as he's looking, I'll be having a serious decision to make as to whether or not I'll be ordering him or trying to find the PF down the road.

Honestly, I'd rather order this as the space saving is important to me now. Plus I'm getting into a few more 1/6 scale LOTR pieces lately and I think he'd fit nicely with my ACI Aragorn and the new Weta Bolg, Azog, and Uruk-hai pieces.

George, can you tell us if the final production run will have shorter hair than the prototypes? The hair ought to be about a third shorter so that it hangs not much further than his beard.

George, can you tell us if the final production run will have shorter hair than the prototypes? The hair ought to be about a third shorter so that it hangs not much further than his beard.

You can always cut it if it's too long. Would be bad if it was too short.

You can always cut it if it's too long. Would be bad if it was too short.

While that's true, the fact that the hair was both too long (and a little too yellow...though that could be lighting) was raised pretty early on and we were told the concerns had been passed on. If this line is going to thrive, it needs to look as accurate as possible out of the box. Saruman's hair only hung slightly below his beard, while the hair on the prototype is double the length (if not more) and hangs well below his belt/waistline.

I wonder if they are concerned with the hair curling if it's any shorter. It definitely is too long . It's supposed to not quite reach his sash/"belt" area.

Back