Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they are concerned with the hair curling if it's any shorter. It definitely is too long . It's supposed to not quite reach his sash/"belt" area.

That's one of my concerns with the "oh, you can just cut yourself if it is too long" approach.

Sideshow got the hair length right with their PF.

300105-saruman-011.jpg

oddly the hair length doesn't bother me. it looks good that long, i know thats not how it's supposed to be but i dig it.

Anyone know if a coupon code will work for this guy at Sideshow yet? I tried last month and it wouldn't take. Don't know if it was too soon, or what. It's $10 cheaper at Sideshow than BBTS, and with a coupon code we're talking $30 off that price plus rewards point accumulation.

My concern for the hair is mostly for the sake of "out of the box" reviews. I really appreciate how they've responded to fan feedback and make corrections when something isn't right (witness the new arms for Bard), but I'm really rooting for them to get an unambiguous "wouldn't change a thing" thumb up review. I doubt that will happen with Tauriel, so I'm hoping Saruman will be the breakout success which Asmus' efforts have earned.

Figure Sideshow FOTR Saruman.jpg lego-lord-rings-saruman-minifigure-79005-yesbrick-1306-18-yesbrick@22.jpg

Anyone know if a coupon code will work for this guy at Sideshow yet? I tried last month and it wouldn't take. Don't know if it was too soon, or what. It's $10 cheaper at Sideshow than BBTS, and with a coupon code we're talking $30 off that price plus rewards point accumulation.

Do you still earn reward points if you use a coupon code? I always thought you didn't earn reward points if you used any kind of discount code.

Do you still earn reward points if you use a coupon code? I always thought you didn't earn reward points if you used any kind of discount code.

The October code doesn't work on this yet. And you do earn reward points, but only on the remaining, post-code balance. e.g if something is $200 and you get $20 off. You only get points on the remaining $180.

Sideshow has pushed back my last Flex payment on this to December. (They seem to be pushing all the Asmus figures back to December at this point. Aragorn, Bard, Tauriel and now Saruman. Only a matter of time, I bet before MoS joins the group.)

I had zero expectation that all of these figures would ship in November (Sideshow had my final Flex payments set for November for Saruman, Aragorn, Tauriel, Bard and Mouth of Sauron), but I thought maybe one of them would. Doesn't look that way. All five have been pushed back a month. I'm betting most of those will be pushed back again next month. And probably a few more in January.

so is it only th sideshows buyers getting to wait? i bought my saruman directly from asmus....

so is it only th sideshows buyers getting to wait? i bought my saruman directly from asmus....

So did I (first time I ordered a figure from them directly). I think George said they were on target for shipping late November. Has anyone else ordered directly from Asmus, and if so did you get yours earlier than those who ordered through BBTS, etc.? I bought every figure up through Eowyn through BBTS and have my remaining preorders through Timewalker.

My friend ordered through Asmus. After several emails about the release date, no one got back to him. He finally opened a claim through PayPal and they immediately emailed him back. They told him they are shipping now but in the order they were received. He is order number 3000 something so he'll get his in the next three weeks they say ...

Back