Asmus Tos x Viva studio : Mr. Riddler !! (NEW OFFER ADDED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Asmus Tos x Viva studio : Mr. Riddler !!

Which trigger happy mod deleted my comment that the body in this figure is an Enterbay BL3.5? Why delete my comment? I simply said its kinda wierd that Riddler has the body of 'Bruce Lee'

and it was not to troll or hate, its to say that under the tight jumpsuit JC looks ripped like crazy... look at those abs and lats!

I didnt delet the message,
in fact, it is Bruce Lee for sure,
it is a much better body~

Im sorry but this is WAYY to much! Their Musashi fig was a little over $100 and is an excellent figure. But $300+?? I dont think so. What excuse can they have for the price?? Licensing?? nope.

Which trigger happy mod deleted my comment that the body in this figure is an Enterbay BL3.5? Why delete my comment? I simply said its kinda wierd that Riddler has the body of 'Bruce Lee'

and it was not to troll or hate, its to say that under the tight jumpsuit JC looks ripped like crazy... look at those abs and lats!

I checked and theres no deleted post in this thread, bud. :wave

The riddler was my favorite character, as I was a big fan of Jim during the Ace Ventura, Mask era. I'd be interested in this, if the figure was made better.

The first sculpt looks accurate, however its lacking the finishing and smothering. Right now it looks a bit coarse and rough, and also the skin texture paint looks a bit overdone IMO.

Custom Outfit w/ accessories - $100

Surely you folks buying custom Joker outfits for well over a $1000 will agree thats a fair estimate.

Body - w/e
2 Hand Painted Headsculpts - $75-200 each depending on the artist

Some of you are acting like total noobs to the custom section.

Yea its a horrible movie, but this is the only real modern representation of Riddler were probably going to see in this scale anytime soon, and this is going to look great next to the 89 Hot Toys Joker. I may sell my Ace just to fund this for that very reason.

Surely you folks buying custom Joker outfits for well over a $1000 will agree thats a fair estimate.

Body - w/e

Yea its a horrible movie, but this is the only real modern representation of Riddler were probably going to see in this scale anytime soon, and this is going to look great next to the 89 Hot Toys Joker.

Yeah I got to agree with you bud

If this is handmade then there is a price to pay for that imo

Body - w/e

Yea its a horrible movie, but this is the only real modern representation of Riddler were probably going to see in this scale anytime soon, and this is going to look great next to the 89 Hot Toys Joker. I may sell my Ace just to fund this for that very reason.

Well if that is the line you take give me a shout bud I would be very interested :)

Np I'll let you know if it comes to that.

I just think as far as better movie villains, Nolan's take the cake any day of the week, but on an action figure shelf, this with a Jack Joker, and that bootleg Catwoman, are going to look incredible.

Body - w/e

Of course customs will generally cost more than mass produced figs if done to a good quality level.

I think some of the concern with the price on this is that the 2nd head looks nothing like JC - the initial open mouthed sculpt that was shown had a far better likeness.

But despite that - had I been interested in the figure, I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up.

Np I'll let you know if it comes to that.

I just think as far as better movie villains, Nolan's take the cake any day of the week, but on an action figure shelf, this with a Jack Joker, and that bootleg Catwoman, are going to look incredible.

Awesome thanks buddy :)

Body - w/e

Very persuasive analysis! ( while I would like to clarify say my Joker outfit is under USD1,000 :lol)

By the way, would you pls check my message in yr Walking Dead thread ?:wave

Kato

Last edited:

Even though I won't be buying, price is fair IMO.

regarding the "noobs to the custom section" comment... some of us have been on the board longer and remember when prices for good custom work WEREN'T ____ing ridiculous. sorry, i don't mean ridiculous. i mean "so high".

all power to you guys who buy regularly at those prices, not saying anything against that (god forbid), but for that kind of price i'm sure you'd at least want the headsculpts to look good. i'd be down for this IF that 2nd headsculpt wasn't so bad.

I can understand that man, there has definitely been a paradigm shift in the cost of customs, but quality has improved as well (I feel). Perhaps the gradual increases have us jaded...

In the current customs market though, I feel it's priced reasonably.

I think some people are confusing customs price with value of the character. $300 is fair for a hand-made product. But the real question is: is the character worth $300 to have on your shelf? That's a personal decision.

I think this figure is very well-done and would like to add it to my Bat-villains collection, but like many here I just don't value a Carrey Riddler at that price point.

I think some people are confusing customs price with value of the character. $300 is fair for a hand-made product. But the real question is: is the character worth $300 to have on your shelf? That's a personal decision.

I think this figure is very well-done and would like to add it to my Bat-villains collection, but like many here I just don't value a Carrey Riddler at that price point.
I agree. $300 is doable for a decent custom (and this does look like a high quality custom to me), but this character just doesn't warrant it from my perspective. Now if it were Frank Gorshin. . .

I do wish the hat was removable and on the grinning face instead.

Also would like to see the shoes. Those green velvet punk shoes really need to be done well, buckle and all.

With 2 spot on sculpt, i could justify the price.
But hell that second head is just way off IMO.
Alos not sure of the enterbay BL body.
Shape wise it looks good but i'm afraid that it will be way to shirt for a jim carrey.

I can understand that man, there has definitely been a paradigm shift in the cost of customs, but quality has improved as well (I feel). Perhaps the gradual increases have us jaded...

In the current customs market though, I feel it's priced reasonably.

i'll agree with you that this is reasonable IF you agree with me that for $340 you'd want that second head fixed. to be honest, if this was $200 without the second head or outfit, i probably wouldn't even have blinked. but with it included and driving up the price, they need to be badass.

Back