Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long did to take you to get yours from Asmus?

With the xtra Fed Ex shipping, not long at all...I'd have to go *calculate* but it felt like a week, maybe, after invoice paid and tracking info received. But my original PO had been in for both the day they went up on ASMUS' site. No more than 10 days, if that. I'd feel comfortable ordering from ASMUS website again, sure. Even w. the mess-ups the Fed Ex ordering worked real well for me, and ASMUS was responsive when e-mailed.

LOL I don't always order outside the U.S., but when I do, I pay up for the "better" shipping. :lol

Thorin arrived this morning.
What a figure. He is awesome.
Great job Asmus! Just getting better with each figure!

Congrats IMO a *perfect present!:clap* Yeah, all in all, between sculpt, hair, costume, accessories don't think Thorin is the easiest to pull off in 1/6 scale:horror and ASMUS did amazing IMO. Between Gimli, Bilbo, Thorin etc. I'd say ASMUS stepped up to the plate this year.

A quiet moment for these characters in honor of the holiday:). (I always wished the movies had given just a BIT of time showing Bilbo interacting more with the dwarves...) Anyway ASMUS gave me a new hobby for the next couple of years getting backgrounds and accessories for Bilbo & co.:cool:

Thorin_Bilbo_ASMUS.jpg

Well I couldn’t resist I just picked up a 2nd Thorin for $150 shipped. I am so weak. At least if I have to sell one I should be able to get back the $150.

Well I couldn’t resist I just picked up a 2nd Thorin for $150 shipped. I am so weak. At least if I have to sell one I should be able to get back the $150.

I would've gone for that even with another Thorin on PO.

It was Asmus’ Christmas sale, really annoying to see items go on sale before even preordered ones arrive.

It was on Asmus’ store. They only sold 10 at that price so it wasn’t that big of a slap in the face if you preordered like I did as well. The sadder thing was it was still available when I checked the store this morning. I figured with only 10 it would sell out in minutes not hours. Probably does not bode well for more dwarves.

Was it an online shop selling at that price? If so, can you share?

It was just 10. There is a mystery figure for the 28th that I think might be a Nazgul or maybe Saruman. 10 Bilbos will be on sale on the 29th & Gimli on the 30th. Again only 10 of each and the sale price is not known yet. Also not sure what time it goes live their time? I know Thorin was live at 7something US Eastern Time.

It was on Asmus’ store. They only sold 10 at that price so it wasn’t that big of a slap in the face if you preordered like I did as well. The sadder thing was it was still available when I checked the store this morning. I figured with only 10 it would sell out in minutes not hours. Probably does not bode well for more dwarves.

IMO at least for North America were they kidding e.g. Christmas Day:google! I was online for a bit yesterday but suspect a lot of folks either didn't get online at all or if they did, they weren't shopping...also suspect a lot of people may be like me - they usually order from their favorite U.S. retailers like Sideshow.

He's back at regular price now (not that I don't have POs anyway:monkey3.) And Thorin, Gimli, and Bilbo are DEFINITELY worth the retail - a few years from now I could've seen myself heaving major $$$$$:horror at some E-bay seller.

Guess I'll have to start checking ASMUS store more often. :gah:

IMO ASMUS just needs to keep doin' what it's doing, turning out excellent figs and building a good reputation. They've had a banner year but there's been some bumps in the early years w. joints, sculpts, etc. First time ASMUS has gotten more money from me than HT.:clap

My figure arrived the other day and finally had time to unbox it. This is a pic just straight out of the box, I am really pleased with the quality of this one.

Nice clear pic really shows off the IMO great face paint! I've *studied* mine enough IMO fantastic sculpt if U look close u can see faint *realistic* lines around the eyes etc. + eye paint on mine is perfect.

Glad u are happy with him - am looking forward to Thorin #2 so I can display with coat, battle pose + Orcrist; and without coat, more relaxed with Bilbo. Or something like that.:gimli

It was just 10. There is a mystery figure for the 28th that I think might be a Nazgul or maybe Saruman. 10 Bilbos will be on sale on the 29th & Gimli on the 30th. Again only 10 of each and the sale price is not known yet. Also not sure what time it goes live their time? I know Thorin was live at 7something US Eastern Time.

Oh well... But thanks for the info, superdoug.

7am or 7 pm?

Has anyone else’s Thorin tracking number not have any updates since Dec 20 in Taiwan?

The 20th pre shipment update is the only thing I have on the Thorin I preordered. I keep checking for updates but it hasn’t been updated since then. The one I bought on sale right after Christmas has had no tracking information sent yet.

Nothing for me. I ordered the first day of pre-orders and he still says "Pre-Shipment." Seems like a shipping issue that may be out of Asmus' hands. I wonder if the political situation/sanctions are holding things up.

Has anyone else’s Thorin tracking number not have any updates since Dec 20 in Taiwan?

Mine showed no movement from 12-21-18 until this past Saturday, 1-5-19, when magically it arrived in Los Angeles.
It has now cleared customs and is on its way across the country to me. Hope to have it by the end of the week.

Mine showed no movement from 12-21-18 until this past Saturday, 1-5-19, when magically it arrived in Los Angeles.
It has now cleared customs and is on its way across the country to me. Hope to have it by the end of the week.

It was exactly the same for me (exact dates too) except with a different figure. It’s just the usual holiday slowdown.

However they did take 4 weeks to actually ship it on the 21st.

Back