Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still waiting on the Boromir I ordered on Black Friday, which says it shipped out on the sixth of December. I think there are definitely some problems with the shipping methods Asmus uses and I think in the future I would just use the fed ex shipping and pay the extra amount. The free shipping isn’t worth the amount of problems it comes with.

^ Excellent pics! :clap He looks great...I am considering getting him to display with my Bilbo. :)

Thank you!:)

Thorin and Bilbo are seriously photogenic figures - deserve some great photography when more folks have him in hand!

Maybe there is a rogue ship out there that is full of Thorins.

:lol. I'm gonna guess that's where my Thorin and Bilbo #2s are at. I'd order direct from ASMUS again tho - I just think there have been all kinds of things gumming up shipping, from Asia racing to pack ships to the max (re new regulations) to the holiday rush to the U.S. government shutdowns having ripple effects re shipping.

Plus, I had to pester ASMUS earlier myself re my account and that whole Paypal thing. If people are e-mailing ASMUS should respond, even it it's to say that stuff is in transit and there's nothing they can do re ship speed/customs/docking and all that.

I am still waiting on the Boromir I ordered on Black Friday, which says it shipped out on the sixth of December. I think there are definitely some problems with the shipping methods Asmus uses and I think in the future I would just use the fed ex shipping and pay the extra amount. The free shipping isn’t worth the amount of problems it comes with.

I just got my Legolas that I ordered the same weekend. Has there been any update that it has arrived in the US?

Could be worse.... Could have ordered from SSC... :(

Yeah, that's what I meant about my Thorin #2 and Bilbo #2 - PO'd at SSC and no notice yet.

But, it gives me time to look around and see about getting a dwarf cape together for Thorin. Doesn't show up a lot except at beginning of AUJ and DOS, but IMO it'd be a nice secondary look. I've never made a cape but figure it's worth a try.

Excellent photos! Just been told that mine is being sent out today courtesy of Planet Action Figures so hopefully will be here this week. Can't wait to get him in hand.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Keep a close eye that the key doesn't pop out when you open the box. It'd be easy to lose (as I nearly did).

I just got my Legolas that I ordered the same weekend. Has there been any update that it has arrived in the US?

No it still hasn’t arrived in the US. Although I feel slightly better if there are other people who are only just now getting their orders as well. I am trying not to think on it too much because it’s not like I need it right this second (thank god it wasn’t a Xmas gift), but it is worrisome that the tracking hasn’t changed since December 6th.

Excellent photos! Just been told that mine is being sent out today courtesy of Planet Action Figures so hopefully will be here this week. Can't wait to get him in hand.

Hope he is on his way! Folks are right about the key (diecast so awsome) being easy to lose re size - I am gonna put some kinda thick thread or thin cord on mine. We are gonna have another mild snow dusting so while I only have a tablet for pics I might try a few more. Love fig outdoor shots. Bilbo has to stay indoors tho 'coz of the hairy feet.:horror

"He is here..." Excuse the phone photo but here is Thorin, straight out of the box. I am absolutely floored by this figure! The attention to detail is superb and all the photos do not do it justice.
f5fe78b8763a32b0001877d435e5d404.jpg

"He is here..." Excuse the phone photo but here is Thorin, straight out of the box. I am absolutely floored by this figure! The attention to detail is superb and all the photos do not do it justice.

Congrats! Good to hear folks getting him in hand! I like your pic - it caught the light and the silvery streaks in the hair:clap. Agree that ASMUS really went for it with this fig - usually I get my figs into a cabinet but haven't been able to put Gimli, Bilbo, and Thorin away yet:love - I keep playing with them.:cool:

Nice pic Kalkylen! :clap Looks great!

Heard so many good things about this figure I've decided I'll get this to display with my Bilbo. Looks like I will be picking up a few more figures from the Asmus Middle Earth line after all!! :slap :lol

looks like the slow boat has finally arrived!

January 17, 2019, 11:38 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) at 11:38 am on January 17, 2019.

Nice pic Kalkylen! :clap Looks great!

Heard so many good things about this figure I've decided I'll get this to display with my Bilbo. Looks like I will be picking up a few more figures from the Asmus Middle Earth line after all!! :slap :lol

IMO Gimli, Thorin, Bilbo, and IMO Thranduil and apparently Grishnakh from folks' comments seem to be just great figs on all points - sculpt, costume, bodies - there may be more like Frodo but I don't own all of them.

I dunno that ASMUS has done any TERRIBLE figs tho sounds like there have been bumps w. sculpts, weak ankles and so on. For sure Bilbo and Thorin are IMO worthy additions to any 1/6 collection:). Kind of like my HT Ironman 46 or my DS #1 - where there's IMO nothing really negative to say (well, OK, Ironman and all those batteries *meh*). Hope you enjoy working with Thorin.:)

Good to hear that a ship apparently made it to California - maybe I will hear something from Sideshow soon!

Yes! My tracking finally updated! My preordered Thorin has arrived in the states. I guess I will have it by the end of next week. Also my Boxing Day Thorin arrived today. Great figure but I think either I am putting on the sword belt wrong or the sheath on mine is backwards.

So I have my sheath/belt going over the wrong shoulder but I did it that way because of the slots on the coat. Did they put the slits on both side and I am just not finding them or is my coat a fluke mistake?

So I have my sheath/belt going over the wrong shoulder but I did it that way because of the slots on the coat. Did they put the slits on both side and I am just not finding them or is my coat a fluke mistake?
There are slots on both sides of the coat.

Back