Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, I will do that...I know their system was messed up when I first made the PO for Thorin

Heard from ASMUS and they say they sent invoice - had to ask them to re-send; it isn't anywhere):

Yeah I was in that same boat of the ordered but there was no order fiasco and now with this payment request mess up I feel like asmus maybe having an issue with the orders that were during that initial pre order snafu :thud:

Yeah I was in that same boat of the ordered but there was no order fiasco and now with this payment request mess up I feel like asmus maybe having an issue with the orders that were during that initial pre order snafu :thud:

That's what I think is going on with mine - plus on their site it looks like they somehow bundled Bilbo and Thorin into the same order....:slap

I will just have to keep pestering them.:impatient::(

Some cheeky screen grabs from Instagram of Thorin in-hand. Looks phenomenal, possibly Asmus's best effort yet!
dba1c17cf1609e781a27b0f6945ff256.jpg
790b36e32033fd5a489c4daee78cefc9.jpg
0e5ff6dd83e7908e8b1a0650796f8dbc.jpg
f939e0030fe41646af1a3876a6543c66.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Some cheeky screen grabs from Instagram of Thorin in-hand. Looks phenomenal, possibly Asmus's best effort yet!
dba1c17cf1609e781a27b0f6945ff256.jpg
790b36e32033fd5a489c4daee78cefc9.jpg
0e5ff6dd83e7908e8b1a0650796f8dbc.jpg
f939e0030fe41646af1a3876a6543c66.jpg

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some eBay photos...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Holy cr@p that sculpt/paint look amazing! Lots of HAIR - as it should be....:monkey3

ASMUS got me my invoice and he's paid for! :blissy:inlove:rock

Think I WILL burst into tears over this one:cool: my fav Middle Earth character and looks like ASMUS outdid themselves:thud:

A couple more Instagram grabs. Can't wait to get this in hand!
692f6cc2c350a1f33bfa0307c98271dc.jpg
99f9f8ee3a49c2913fa6bd95f71b575e.jpg

Looks so good! So happy I ordered this! Thanks for sharing!

Ditto! - Jeez this fig looks amazing - hope to have him next week:impatient::drool:drool:drool

Edit: Re Fed ex tracking Thorin bounced through Hawaii and is now in California...so far scheduled for Tues. delivery:panic::impatient::banana

Edit 2: Now he's in Memphis TN...:panic::bounce

After years, months of waiting...the King Under the Mountain found his way home.

Quick review: "Holy **** what a beautiful/handsome sculpt oh-my-friggin'-gawd-ASMUS-made-a-mini-Thorin-OMG!!!!!!!:thud::love:blissy

LOL. Or "I sure ain't canceling my other POs for this one a figure for the ages OMG!!!"

Pros: Movie Thorin was beautiful, fierce, complex and ASMUS just NAILED it at this price point. IMO nice skin tone, blue eyes, neat paint. Staggering details on the costume:clap - mail shirt is plastic/vinyl scales, but I had to check the effect is so good. Don't even know what to say; there's so much good at this price point (and I practically studied the costume in the past - dwarves are fav characters. From the strapped furry boots to the faux quilted undershirt to the gauntlets and even a little pattern on the rings - thick dwarf hands too - it's all there....)
This costume was a labor of love - esp. impressed w. quality of faux fur.

Key is metal; Deathless sword plastic but beautiful, fits in sheath no problem. Oakenshield plastic and great paint tones. Even the pipe has the pattern on the bowl.

Cons: For me - not a con, except had it in my head the kind of hair a 1/6 Thorin should have:cool:. Er, I think I was thinking of human hair. Anyway, for me, am not wild about this fiber - it's not that it doesn't have the LOOK.

But being a kind of very soft, frizzy fiber - it doesn't FLOW. So it's great if u sort of want to push it into place; not so great if u are into hair. Er. It also likes to "pouf" - I know why ASMUS did what they did; but suggest for non-futzers:

Just pull braids in front (or not) and smooth rest of hair as though u were going to make a loose ponytail at back of neck. This kind of fiber was easier to "pick" out rather than comb, or use fingers. U may want to add a bit of product (anyway, in time, I hope to replace with human hair, but it DOES have the look Thorin did if u smooth down). A bit of fiber/hair wax etc. might help.

Srsly I'm not disturbed but re forum sounds like some just hate working with hair:dunno. Only other con is that I wish he had a true pipe holding hand like Bilbo, but whatever.:cool:

Anyway, cell pics:

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit.jpg

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit2.jpg

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit3.jpg

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit_sculpt.jpg

And some more cell pics:monkey3

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit_sculpt2.jpg

ASMUS_ThorinandBilbo.jpg

ASMUS_ThorinandBilbo2.jpg

ASMUS_Thorin_hobbit4.jpg

OK, Asmus, u have a staggeringly beautiful Thorin - so yah know, Dwalin always had Thorin's back and since you have an excellent dwarf body and probably some left over faux fur - wouldn't a Dwalin be a perfect follow-up?????:monkey3:pray::cool:

Did everyone that paid get their shipping invoice? I still haven’t gotten mine

Re comments on this forum of some mess-up - I had to e-mail a couple of times. ASMUS told me invoices had gone out. I e-mailed back insisting that I hadn't gotten the one for Thorin and to please check w. Paypal etc.

So something got messed up - I would pester them until u get an answer. I finally got an invoice, paid, and things went pretty fast after that.

He looks pretty good. Thanks for the quick review and pics. Sounds like I need to learn how to style doll hair. Hopefully my wife or daughter will step up and help me out. Seriously I struggle even doing ponytails for my 5 year old.

Back