Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having trouble putting the belt on through the coat I can not find the hole the instructions were talking about on the waist of the coat.

I set up mine last night and it took me absolutely ages to find both of the holes. :gah:

If it is for Orcrist scabbard - the one on the waist is located on one of the coat 'seams' (it's more or less level with his elbow and quite well hidden - it's on the same side as the dwarven sword scabbard). I think someone posted a picture a few pages back of where to find it. :)

I think the issue might be that the scabbard is supposed to go across his back on a diagonal. Not around the waist like his other sword. So the belt only needs to be fed through the one hole near his waist on the Dwarven scabbard side. The other side of the belt goes up over his right shoulder. That's how I put mine together, anyway. Which I think is how it's supposed to go. (Much as I love their figures, Asmus' instruction booklets are never terribly clear and never well printed.)

Last edited:
Great pic, DioramaMaker! I think it pushed me over the edge to pick this one up. I've gone overboard lately with figures so need a little time to regroup financially but Thorin will be first in line.

^ Yeah I liked Bard and Thranduil too (and Balin), they were great to watch. Pretty much everyone in the whole franchise has been excellent casting choice-wise I think :) - it was just the elf over-use and especially the Legolas bit at the end of BOTFA that slightly tainted it for me. Nothing against him at all but that bit when he is in full 'Super Mario' mode towards the end with the falling rocks...I just cringe every time I see it!! :lol

Despite that The Hobbit films are growing on me and I do like them more now than when they came out...I'm on something of a Middle Earth resurgence atm so I will probably be watching them again soon! :)

Same for me. IMO a lighter hand was needed with the elf involvement and more with an excellent dwarf cast; also not forcing the connection with LOTR so much. Then IMO where elves SHOULD have been involved - like Thranduil - and more Beorn - there wasn't. Still, I think Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Ian Mackellan and others really make the films - even the people of Laketown.

Legolas and *bats*:wacky. Another place where IMO a lighter hand was needed with the character. But that's that - happily tho we did get some great characters from these films that seize the imagination. Since Thorin book and film is a favorite of course I'm ecstatic about the beautiful job with him and Bilbo (at a great price point for this kind of figure e.g. affordable. Looking at 'bay prices for past ASMUS figs don't think they will stay "affordable", in time:horror!)

Great pic! Looks cool!

Absolutely love the base.

Thanks much!

Fantastic photo :rock - that base looks great with Thorin. And definitely agree - this is one amazing figure. Asmus did a cracking job. :yess:

Agree with that. I remember being a bit disappointed with some of the Hobbit trilogy on release (parts 2 & 3, I did enjoy AUJ tho) but I recently re-watched them and they weren't as bad as I remembered...Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf were easily the best things about those films IMO.

The thing that I hate is that there is a good movie SOMEWHERE in there. It's just so... derivative. So much of the films felt like they were gearing up set pieces with the intent of opening a theme park based on it. The characters, designs, actors etc are all so welcome and charming. But the overall packages are just flawed in my opinion. I'd love to see if anyone has done a supercut of the three films, trimmed the vast majority of fat, and released it as a single movie.

Great pic, DioramaMaker! I think it pushed me over the edge to pick this one up. I've gone overboard lately with figures so need a little time to regroup financially but Thorin will be first in line.

Absolutely a good decision. Just be patient with the hair and work it slowly. That's the only "warning" for potential buyer's remorse k could see. It styles well. He really is such a stunning figure and just has presence. I don't think you'll regret it.

Thanks much!

The thing that I hate is that there is a good movie SOMEWHERE in there. It's just so... derivative. So much of the films felt like they were gearing up set pieces with the intent of opening a theme park based on it. The characters, designs, actors etc are all so welcome and charming. But the overall packages are just flawed in my opinion. I'd love to see if anyone has done a supercut of the three films, trimmed the vast majority of fat, and released it as a single movie.

There are multiple edits of The Hobbit movies, the best in my opinion being Maple Film's version which you can view here.
https://www.maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

There is also The Bilbo Edition of the movie which is also very good.
https://goldfishblues.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/the-hobbit-the-bilbo-edition-3-0-the-final-cut

Both have clipped all the bloat, tweaked the glaring colours etc. Definitely worth a watch! I enjoyed the first two movies as they were but TBOTFA was a total train wreck and these cuts really do make the most of the good material available. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I also made my own cut of the movies. About half an hour less in each film. And now, I love them ! But it's in French, sorry... If anyone speaking french is interested I would be glad to share.
:)

I’ve actually been planning my own recut, trim it as close to the books as possible, and was going to try to make a short film or two out of SOME of the stuff that is getting cut.

There are multiple edits of The Hobbit movies, the best in my opinion being Maple Film's version which you can view here.
https://www.maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

There is also The Bilbo Edition of the movie which is also very good.
https://goldfishblues.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/the-hobbit-the-bilbo-edition-3-0-the-final-cut

Both have clipped all the bloat, tweaked the glaring colours etc. Definitely worth a watch! I enjoyed the first two movies as they were but TBOTFA was a total train wreck and these cuts really do make the most of the good material available. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for those - might have to give them a look at some point.

Probably late to the party, but I'm so happy Thorin and Bilbo came in. Didn't settle them or tweak the paintjobs yet but wanted to pose them, especially bilbo i was scared when i saw the pegless feet. All is well and damn Thorin is awesome! He stands well pose amazingly well, no hinderance from the clothing (looking at you gimli the stump) the likeness is terrific and the accessories are magnificient (ocrist is a wonder, the handle alone is so well crafted and that blade 0w0). The photos are not great since basements do not enjoy sunlight much but they do show how posable it is nonetheless.

XQY7NwM.jpg
gkqGGpG.png

Probably late to the party, but I'm so happy Thorin and Bilbo came in. Didn't settle them or tweak the paintjobs yet but wanted to pose them, especially bilbo i was scared when i saw the pegless feet. All is well and damn Thorin is awesome! He stands well pose amazingly well, no hinderance from the clothing (looking at you gimli the stump) the likeness is terrific and the accessories are magnificient (ocrist is a wonder, the handle alone is so well crafted and that blade 0w0). The photos are not great since basements do not enjoy sunlight much but they do show how posable it is nonetheless.

Congrats:)! LOL luv basements they keep harsh sunlight off our precious stuff:cool:. My only problem has been being wary of any humidity where I live - but I keep a lot of air moving w. fans and stuff all the time. I like your rocks and display!

Agree about the pose-ability - ASMUS did so good:clap! Sad to say - maybe it is the age factor too - I have a couple of HT Caps that seemed a bit weak at the knees:monkey3 - CW and Stealth Cap both. I think I can fix by coating joint w. silicon rubber, but no problems w. Thorin and Bilbo.

Good thing too - Sideshow's site may be a mess but they sent me notices for final payment for Thorin and Bilbo #2s - guess the boat shipment got to the warehouse! These guys were paid off via gift cards but shipping was due.

So did a test with Thorin in a cloak - this is Jedi Luke cape - gotta get the scale right for a dwarf tho. This cape is the wrong fabric (no drape), wrong color for the AUJ arrival scene (or DOS), and the hood is way too big. Plus a king would have a nicely finished cape, not hanging seams. But was just a test! Just gives me more appreciation for ASMUS' to-scale costuming skills!

ASMUS_Thorinw_cloak.jpg

Luv this fig:love - Thorin is such a badass.

Great pics!:clap

And SSC shipped Thorin #2 and Bilbo #2, tho I still can't re-set my password...guess will call them next week.

Weird they can still send notices tho.

Two great releases from Asmus. But has anyone else felt that Thorin needs a longer neck? Because of the fur on his shoulders, I think he looks a bit too squat out of the box. I have his head sitting on the neck peg but not pushed down all the way. It looks better, but there's a gap between his neck and head I covered with some flesh-colored rubber. I need to find a longer neck.

Thorin Bilbo figures.jpeg

Two great releases from Asmus. But has anyone else felt that Thorin needs a longer neck? Because of the fur on his shoulders, I think he looks a bit too squat out of the box. I have his head sitting on the neck peg but not pushed down all the way. It looks better, but there's a gap between his neck and head I covered with some flesh-colored rubber. I need to find a longer neck.

Good pic and I see Bilbo gave Thorin the Arkenstone - nice! Did u make Bilbo's staff? That looks like real wood?

Re the neck thing - I don't see it.:dunno Tho my brain is stuffed w. comments re the dwarf costumes from the WETA Chronicles books and movies. About the designs of dwarf proportions - that the dwarves had heavier bones, larger heads and hands than people, were enormously strong - e.g. making humans look non-human.

IMO in AUJ Thorin looked pretty massive across the shoulders in the fur - kinda chunky re proportions -
thorin_small.jpg

It's one of the things I'm blown away by - ASMUS going for making dwarf and hobbit proportion bodies!:clap

But IMO folks should mod/display their figs the way they want, if something is bothering them.

Back