Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work! What did you end up doing with the vambraces? Some close ups would be great!

Thank you I will try for more pics.:)

The vambraces were switched out with Sideshow's Faramir vambraces along with the arrow draw hands off ebay. They have some slight differences from ASMUS but thankfully everything fitted.

It's a small thing but for some reason really bugged me. None of their other figures that I know of are like that.:(

Great pics Sassafras! :clap

Thank you:)! He really does look nice on the shelf, and ASMUS did amazing with the sword - it's not flashy but solid diecast. A fig that takes some futzing to be sure, but, most of my figs do. The body and hands have held up well with all my tinkering.

A few more closer pics - can't do much better I just don't have the lighting or camera that can match the best photographers. Still, u can see all the nice stitching and fine details like the 7th star embossed into the "leather" ("seven stones and seven stars and one white tree"...). I still have the Sideshow vambraces on him.

ASMUS_Faramir6_opt.jpg

ASMUS_Faramir7_opt.jpg

ASMUS_Faramir8.jpg

ASMUS_Faramir9_opt.jpg

I was not impressed by him, but I finally decided to give Faramir, captain of Gondor, a chance to show his quality. Well, I have to admit he's so much better with rooted hair ! Overall, quite happy with him now.
:)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I was not impressed by him, but I finally decided to give Faramir, captain of Gondor, a chance to show his quality. Well, I have to admit he's so much better with rooted hair ! Overall, quite happy with him now.

View attachment 505374

View attachment 505375

View attachment 505376

View attachment 505377

This is my plan with him! Thanks for sharing, great to see one done and looking amazing before I attempt it. I would love to see some up close photos of the actual hair work you?ve had done on all your custom jobs when you get round to it? Would give me a better understanding of how to make them perfect!

A truly gorgeous job:clap:clap:clap Thank you for sharing.:)

I actually like Faramir's hair sculpt (tho I wish it were rooted) but I'd REALLY like the new Aragorn to have had rooted hair.

View attachment 505374

View attachment 505375

View attachment 505376

View attachment 505377

Wow, great hair mod. Really ups the quality on the shelf presence. Asmus did a great job on the figure overall but should?ve included the bow with the figure rather than going deluxe.

Sharing some love for this figure. Faramir has one of the best costumes imho for colors, materials and layers.
I repainted the boots, tattered and weathered the cape, weathered the jacked, toned down the green of the belt to better match the scabbard.
Reglued the quiver strap for correct positionig (which is straight behind his neck).
c642a2cb829d520e3018205c9a8a7156.jpg

I believe the bow was an exclusive item that only came with figures bought directly from their site (might have even been limited to preorders only).

What a bummer...
Such a terrible decision, bow is essential for this figure.
Any suggestions from ebay that would fit well?
There was a "longbow" set being offered, i think by Z toys on the 'bay. Mine is from the Poptoys Russell Crowe Robin Hood fig. Any medieval longbow will do. Try Toy Anxiety and Black Op Toys too.

What a bummer...
Such a terrible decision, bow is essential for this figure.
Any suggestions from ebay that would fit well?
Maybe try to pick up the Sideshow 1/6 Faramir cheap?
I haven’t looked at mine in ages but it came with a bow.

Back