Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Bilbo Baggins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really love the look of that box. I know some ppl don't care about packaging, as we normally just take the figure out and don't look back at the box, but I really think it enhances the unboxing experience if you care about that sort of thing. It's definitely one of my favorite parts about getting a new figure.

Last edited:
Great packaging does sell products !
They should have made three heads but maybe it’s something they are willing to do (crowd funding ?)
Agreed to both of your points. While wanting to avoid the risk of pi--ing Asmus off by banging on about this Bilbo head business, maybe due many of us have voiced our concerns, something might happen? But I won't hold my breath. Perhaps when I see the figure in hand, it may be more acceptable. I really do hope so, as older Bilbo is one of my top LOTR characters. We will soon see!

Agreed to both of your points. While wanting to avoid the risk of pi--ing Asmus off by banging on about this Bilbo head business, maybe due many of us have voiced our concerns, something might happen? But I won't hold my breath. Perhaps when I see the figure in hand, it may be more acceptable. I really do hope so, as older Bilbo is one of my top LOTR characters. We will soon see!
Good points. I certainly won’t be demanding a new headsculpt. I guess it comes down to which figures/characters mean the most to individual collectors. I’m sure I’ll appreciate the sculpt and the tailoring once I have it in hand. If they decide to offer an update later on, that would be appreciated.

This is the one I went for.

We'll see what it looks like in hand. Might need to cut it in half (the one he stands on in that scene seems to be the same circumference as the other barrels, but only half as tall) and paint/weather it up a bit. But for around 20 bucks, it could be worth taking a shot.

Some pics from Asmus

Attachments

• 7669CF69-5605-45D4-BE08-DE2E5C44F4D2.jpeg
    7669CF69-5605-45D4-BE08-DE2E5C44F4D2.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 0
  • B7C1D74C-3A8D-458A-97C4-885697BC95A6.jpeg
    B7C1D74C-3A8D-458A-97C4-885697BC95A6.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ACB7FEFC-DFFD-49A0-A032-219F6D77A0DA.jpeg
    ACB7FEFC-DFFD-49A0-A032-219F6D77A0DA.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 0
It looks like they have stepped up the paint application here! Looks so much better than their recent, pale looking figures.

Would be nice but I’ve been caught the last 4 times lol
Bummer. I hope it's 5th time lucky for you. I am in England UK, and so far all my orders except Elrond, got through with no fees. I am sure Asmus mark the value down, but maybe checks are a bit stricter in Ireland?

Bummer. I hope it's 5th time lucky for you. I am in England UK, and so far all my orders except Elrond, got through with no fees. I am sure Asmus mark the value down, but maybe checks are a bit stricter in Ireland?
Hello neighbor!
Yeah it’s weird that sometimes I go for ages with not getting customs charges but then I go on a streak like I’m on now. I always get caught by FedEx, DHL but by post I get away with it. It’s a strange one.

That face says
“I’m going on an adventure!
And I’m not looking forward to it…”

Outfit is beautiful. Paint apps look vastly improved. Lots of ‘splotching’ and varied tones.

Does he come with a One ring? The expression would probably suit that moment of contemplation and struggle at leaving the ring behind.

Mine shipped last night and Asmus stuff usually makes it to the U.K. pretty fast. I should have him by mid next week. Now to decide if I should rip my crown Gandalf base apart to give Bilbo the Hobbiton section.

That face says
“I’m going on an adventure!
And I’m not looking forward to it…”

Outfit is beautiful. Paint apps look vastly improved. Lots of ‘splotching’ and varied tones.

Does he come with a One ring? The expression would probably suit that moment of contemplation and struggle at leaving the ring behind.

Mine shipped last night and Asmus stuff usually makes it to the U.K. pretty fast. I should have him by mid next week. Now to decide if I should rip my crown Gandalf base apart to give Bilbo the Hobbiton section.
I was wondering the same, with that face there should at least be an open hand with the ring in the palm for the "drop scene."

Back