Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will probably get it even though it needs more work. Sorry, but I don't think it looks like Liv, sculpt is slightly off and the bad paint makes it worse. So far, liking this line but face sculpts have been a tad off.

sculpt is slightly off :cuckoo:

Of course it does! When was the last time Trevor let us down? :confused: To quote a friend of mine this sculpt "kicks ass and is taking names"....:lol

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

:goodpost:

Thanks for that Woodsy :wave, I feel a lot better now, after seeing Trevor's re-sculpt :clap...he is the man for sure. :rock

Looking forward to seeing many more images of her from the SDCC. :pray:

:duff
Bill

The weakest piece in the maquette so far... Hopefully you guys are right and sideshow does indeed polish this on up a bit.

Good looking characters are always tough to sculpt and paint accurately.

I will probably get it even though it needs more work. Sorry, but I don't think it looks like Liv, sculpt is slightly off and the bad paint makes it worse. So far, liking this line but face sculpts have been a tad off.

You can tell all that by one, IMO, bad pic? :lol

I'll hold my opinion until I see more and better pics.

Sorry, but I do think it looks like Liv and I think the wash of the pic is affecting the paint. I'm sorry again but I don't think you could be more wrong on the face sculpts as they've all be right on the mark. :duff

You can tell all that by one, IMO, bad pic? :lol

I'll hold my opinion until I see more and better pics.

Apparently, some people never learn. :lol I think a little common sense would dictate it best to hold off until better pic's and/or reports coming out of SDCC start coming in. But clearly, based on the unpainted headsculpt shots Trevor has hit another one out of the park. However, I am of the belief that if someone can't see the likeness in the unpainted sculpt they're never going to see it.....:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Apparently, some people never learn. :lol I think a little common sense would dictate it best to hold off until better pic's and/or reports coming out of SDCC start coming in. But clearly, based on the unpainted headsculpt shots Trevor has hit another one out of the park. However, I am of the belief that if someone can't see the likeness in the unpainted sculpt they're never going to see.....:cuckoo:

:goodpost:

Yup. If they don't see the likeness now they'll never see it.

The unpainted sculpt is amazing and if SSC can get the paint app right at the factory they'll have a home run. :D

I was going to try to stick to just one preorder during SDCC, and already ordered Boromir. I'm going to try to hold my one back up order until I have seen every release. I'm afraid the Star Wars maquette series is going to start up this year, and while I already know I won't be a completist in that line, picking up even limited releases of a new line will force me to be more selective in the LOTR line, and Arwen may just not make the cut. The fellowship will be mine, and I love the entirety of the line, but I must limit my expenses for the forseeable future.

Now if she has no exclusive, I will order her from BBTS.

I was going to try to stick to just one preorder during SDCC, and already ordered Boromir. I'm going to try to hold my one back up order until I have seen every release. I'm afraid the Star Wars maquette series is going to start up this year, and while I already know I won't be a completist in that line, picking up even limited releases of a new line will force me to be more selective in the LOTR line, and Arwen may just not make the cut. The fellowship will be mine, and I love the entirety of the line, but I must limit my expenses for the forseeable future.

Do you remember me telling you from day 1 I didn't believe Boromir would have an excl.? :monkey3 Perhaps I will change my strategy and tell you Arwen will not. :lol

Though truth be told I do think Arwen will have at minimum a switch-outright arm...one with sword, the other perhaps with her holding some kingsfoil. :dunno If that is the case I could also see a switch-out head....one without the "If you want him, come and claim him" scar on her right cheek. :lecture

Last edited:
I call it the way I see it, not trying to agree with everyone. Besides, we'll see if other photos are better. The costume looks great but face sculpt needs more work.

LotR > SW

:nana:

I call it the way I see it, not trying to agree with everyone. Besides, we'll see if other photos are better. The costume looks great but face sculpt needs more work.

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

You're doing a pretty good job of not agreeing with everyone. As a matter of fact I don't think you're agreeing with anyone...esp. if you think there is something 'off' with this headsculpt. But, if it gives you an excuse to complain about something.....you just keep holding onto the belief that the sculpt needs work based on SS's lousy washed-out preview pic. You won't be the first one eating crow based on SS's lousy preview pic's, and you won't be the last. Though with over 2000 posts under you're belt...you should know better. :slap Just calling it the way I see it.....:wink1:

Last edited:
It's pretty hard for me to find fault with that sculpt, based on those images. This would not be the first time that Sideshow's preview pics have not represented a piece as well as it deserves. The success of this piece will depend upon the factory paint job, not the sculpt--the excellent sculpt is already taken care of, as we can see.

It's pretty hard for me to find fault with that sculpt, based on those images. This would not be the first time that Sideshow's preview pics have not represented a piece as well as it deserves. The success of this piece will depend upon the factory paint job, not the sculpt--the excellent sculpt is already taken care of, as we can see.

Absolutely. While the portrait looks to be pretty well flawless, how well it turns out will be dependent on the paint app's. This is not something I am particularly concerned with as the paint app's for the 1st two maquettes [Aragorn and Gandalf] have been excellent, and I expect this trend to continue....but one thing is sure, I'd rather have an excellent sculpt and suspect paint app's over a suspect sculpt and excellent paint app's. :lecture

I would rather have both an excellent sculpt and excellent paint apps.

I think that goes without saying. :lol I'm just saying lousy paint app's can be rectified ie Indy PF....but there's not much you can do with a lousy sculpt. :dunno

I guess I'm in the minority, I thought the sculpt looked off the first time I saw it. Still do.

I'm going off of this pic alone, which looks very odd:

070711arwen_01.jpg

070711arwen_02.jpg

Back