Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the unpainted raw sculpt pictures that were running around the board a couple months back? Please post them if you do. Or link to them at least

they are in this thread somewhere. you'll have to go back and look. but i'm sure when woodsy shows up to tell us we're all retarded for not liking this statue, he'll repost them to prove how idiotic we are for not seeing the likeness.

they are in this thread somewhere. you'll have to go back and look. but i'm sure when woodsy shows up to tell us we're all retarded for not liking this statue, he'll repost them to prove how idiotic we are for not seeing the likeness.

:lol:lol:lol

dont worry guys. i have the old arwen sculpt pictures. will do more comparisons when i wake up. its still 6am in texas rightnow. but when i do get back with the pics you will be in total, out of this world dumb foundedness beyond imaginary believe. i just gave up on SS about this piece. i just hope they redeem themselves with the witchking maquette and future maquettes to come coz if this is how SS gonna be from now on down the line when they had already made spot on likeness with gandlf, strider, boromir, legolas and gimli,,, i think we will have another failing line. :slapoh sideshow my dear sideshow:slap

:lecture

He's been quiet since his last anti-Weta rant. But the board has been a more serene and friendly place to visit.

As to Arwen, i really want to love it as she'll look great next to Aragorn, but the price is too much. No, it's not 2001 anymore, but nor is this statue worth $250.

:lecture

He's been quiet since his last anti-Weta rant. But the board has been a more serene and friendly place to visit.

As to Arwen, i really want to love it as she'll look great next to Aragorn, but the price is too much. No, it's not 2001 anymore, but nor is this statue worth $250.

:lecture:exactly: I think they know some people will get her regardless to go with the rest.

dont worry guys. i have the old arwen sculpt pictures. will do more comparisons when i wake up. its still 6am in texas rightnow. but when i do get back with the pics you will be in total, out of this world dumb foundedness beyond imaginary believe. i just gave up on SS about this piece. i just hope they redeem themselves with the witchking maquette and future maquettes to come coz if this is how SS gonna be from now on down the line when they had already made spot on likeness with gandlf, strider, boromir, legolas and gimli,,, i think we will have another failing line. :slapoh sideshow my dear sideshow:slap

Well lets see those pictures. I'm on a cell connection ATM so can't go back and sift through 50 pages of posts.

Thanks!

I think they know some people will get her regardless to go with the rest.

Some is definitely the operative word there, but not 500 exclusives. I really do love then entire piece aside from the paint apps on the face. Yes those raw sculpt images look amazing. But like others, I don't have $250 base price plus paying a commission to correct poor paint. Really gutted about it. The piece overall is something I want to add to my collection. Love the pose, the sauntering, everything really but the face paints.

Also, only my opinion, but this one should have fallen at $225 and been a bit more limited. Only 350 Legolas, but 500 Arwen? Why? As a companion piece to Aragorn?

i am still waiting for him to file a lawsuit against me for a comment i made.

Anyway if someone could post the original unpainted sculpt of arwen that be great, i cant find it in this thread either. I remember the face was actually very close to liv. Maybe sideshow should just give us an option to buy the unpainted version :p

Some is definitely the operative word there, but not 500 exclusives. I really do love then entire piece aside from the paint apps on the face. Yes those raw sculpt images look amazing. But like others, I don't have $250 base price plus paying a commission to correct poor paint. Really gutted about it. The piece overall is something I want to add to my collection. Love the pose, the sauntering, everything really but the face paints.

Also, only my opinion, but this one should have fallen at $225 and been a bit more limited. Only 350 Legolas, but 500 Arwen? Why? As a companion piece to Aragorn?

Good points.

Well lets see those pictures. I'm on a cell connection ATM so can't go back and sift through 50 pages of posts.

Thanks!

absolutely!!!!

guys be my guest. We all here are die hard fans of this timeless piece. We all love SS. But sometimes we have to voice out and give our constructive criticisms (harsh and blunt they may be) so that sideshow may carry this line into completion with elegance and finesse. We as consumers/customers deserve more than a mediocre statue thats being shoved into our faces for $250 and expect to patronize it just for the sake that its being made by a namebrand high end collectible company. i dont think thats fair at all.

Heres the first comparison that ive made. As ive said before the production pictures when compared to arwen in the movie is all wrong. eyebrows wrong, expression of the eyes are wrong, cheekbones and facial structure is wrong, lips are wrong, hairs sticking out of the ears are wrong and makeup is terrible. a cadaver in the funeral would have more makeup and touchups to this statue. Its really an utter shame. Huge disappointment.

liv856x279.jpg

Second comparison shows us how much more better the pre-production looks like. At least IMO i see arwen/liv tyler in there. Graceful yet the eyes are fearless and cunning. right next to it is the production pics which just looks so lifeless.
lala.jpg

And the last comparison pic. Im surprised how a pre-production pic without the make up and the final touch ups could have so much more life and energy in it compared to when its already made into production. Absolutely horrendous.

comparison.jpg

The hair makes sense and is coming from underneath more hair in the raw sculpt. Much nicer. But then again, the entire sculpt is completely different with the head in an entirely different position and line of sight looking far superior to the offered piece.

pillpoppermd, thanks for posting those.

That's exactly how i remembered - the unpainted sculpt is top notch. At this point i am not even sure if it's just the paint because the finished product looks NOTHING like the unpainted version.

i really think SS should go back to the drawing board on this one, they have the original facial correct so it wont be a major rework..

I'm looking at the HD press pics. I'm sorry I know some of you are having issues with this but I'm just not seeing the paint problems. The hair I can see but its that way in the actual pic of her but the sculpt and paint in those HD Press pics look quite nice.

It is just the eye and brow sculpts that are problematic. Everything else is ok. The lips, cheek, jaw etc.

Thicker and darker upper eyelash paint might help Improve the look.

It is just the eye and brow sculpts that are problematic. Everything else is ok. The lips, cheek, jaw etc.

Thicker and darker upper eyelash paint might help Improve the look.

Agreed. They need to be a touch thicker and that would help some. They're almost none existent looking at the HD Press pics.

that's not even the same sculpt. the hair is draping down from above the ear in the raw sculpt. the finished sculpt has the hair growing from in front of her ear. also the final version looks like her lips are open slightly. where the raw sculpt isn't.

Is that really the same sculpt? Hair seems off and she looks to be looking in a different direction.

absolutely!!!!

guys be my guest. We all here are die hard fans of this timeless piece. We all love SS. But sometimes we have to voice out and give our constructive criticisms (harsh and blunt they may be) so that sideshow may carry this line into completion with elegance and finesse. We as consumers/customers deserve more than a mediocre statue thats being shoved into our faces for $250 and expect to patronize it just for the sake that its being made by a namebrand high end collectible company. i dont think thats fair at all.

Heres the first comparison that ive made. As ive said before the production pictures when compared to arwen in the movie is all wrong. eyebrows wrong, expression of the eyes are wrong, cheekbones and facial structure is wrong, lips are wrong, hairs sticking out of the ears are wrong and makeup is terrible. a cadaver in the funeral would have more makeup and touchups to this statue. Its really an utter shame. Huge disappointment.

liv856x279.jpg

Second comparison shows us how much more better the pre-production looks like. At least IMO i see arwen/liv tyler in there. Graceful yet the eyes are fearless and cunning. right next to it is the production pics which just looks so lifeless.
lala.jpg

And the last comparison pic. Im surprised how a pre-production pic without the make up and the final touch ups could have so much more life and energy in it compared to when its already made into production. Absolutely horrendous.

comparison.jpg

With the proper makeup (i.e. paint-job) this sculpt could most definitely be made to look a whole lot more like Arwen from the movies.

Unfortunately, I am not a painter and for $250 I expect SS to do this properly - not me.

Back