Article: Corrose's Collection...The Beginning!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Corrose's Collection...The Beginning!

So, Sideshow did me a favor by saving me some money on some pretty bad January releases that I canceled (ie Colossus) and instead I decided to invest in some poseable mannequins and dig out my old 501st costumes and put them on display in my house. I still have a tiny bit of mod work to do, I plan on cutting the hands apart and making the fingers poseable for holding their weapons etc.

Here is my sandtrooper (painted by me) and my Scout. Again, these are costumes on 6 foot mannequins, not statues :)

I still have my Snowtrooper and Predator costumes to put on display as well as replacing my Boba Fett mannequin.

Enjoy!

albright-costumes-02.jpg

IMG_2398-albright.jpg

love the "UP" display piece

Thanks!
I was actually the conceptual designer and art director for the UP viewer theatrical display, that's why I have one taking up a whole corner in my house :)

Didn't need to really, I have had these collectibles under glass in these cases for about 6-7 months now and have not needed to dust once.

Trust me, I know all of those tiny details, I was in the 501st and breathed that stuff for over 10 years, I also know that the way I weathered mine is more heavily done than in the movies, ultimately I made choices to mad the costume to look good to me, minor details thrown to the wayside.

Got this guy today, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. Sideshow's photographer needs to be replaced. THe way they shot and saturated the blue on the update pics is nowhere near as harsh in hand. Two observations, this piece is incredibly lightweight! And the second is I really got the feeling that Sideshow used a different supplier for their packing materials. THey have always been consistent, but it all feels cheaper quality. THe styrofoam reminds me of what popcultureshock uses, the styro that crumbles when you look at it. Not sure what is going on there.

The swap out head is pretty awesome, but I'm an 80s/90's X-Fan, the curly haired version suits my fancy.

Anyways, on to the pics!

alb-IMG_0198.jpg

alb-IMG_0197.jpg

alb-IMG_0199.jpg

alb-IMG_0205.jpg

alb-IMG_0207.jpg

alb-IMG_0218.jpg

alb-IMG_0215.jpg

Back