ARRIVAL (2016) Sci-Fi; Directed by Denis Vlleneuve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denis Villeneuve at the helm........I have no reason to think this will be anything other than superb. Hasn't made a bad movie yet.

Saw this one today and I really enjoyed it. An alien invasion film like nothing I have seen in the past.

It's alright but it employees a lot of typicsl scifi plot points from previous movies nothing really new in terms of that .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

This is a discussion thread about The Arrival, not Independence Day 2. Just a friendly FYI.

;)
I could go in to why it's similar but I don't want to spoil it for any one but let me just mention a few movies it "borrows " from the day the earth stood still , interstellar, contact. And I have not seen close encounter but I hear that there are things common to that also.

It's not a bad movie in my opinion but it's not so original either a different flavor of chocolate .

G
I could go in to why it's similar but I don't want to spoil it for any one but let me just mention a few movies it "borrows " from the day the earth stood still , interstellar, contact. And I have not seen close encounter but I hear that there are things common to that also.

It's not a bad movie in my opinion but it's not so original either a different flavor of chocolate .

I was only kidding with you.

It's definitely a close relative to Contact, but still different and more satisfying without feeling cheesy.

G

I was only kidding with you.

It's definitely a close relative to Contact, but still different and more satisfying without feeling cheesy.
I hear you man there is one common flaw in these movies and that is plot points which all movies have but we suspend belief because it's not central to the story, but with these movies were they present the audience with a mystery a puzzel and we are no longer just spectators but are actively engaged it buts more weight on the script to address these point and depending on how well they do and weather the audience does not mind a certain level of mystery will affect their overall movie experience.

I really only have one rule when it come to movies was I entertained despite any flaws the movie may have bottom line was I entertained

Just left the theater. Best movie of the year.

If the Academy doesn't give it Best Picture they'll lose credibility.

Villeneuve has delivered a masterful and complex journey at the level of 2001. The performances, storytelling, dialogue, cinematography, pacing, score...its all ****ing perfect.

I cried. Its just such a brilliant dissection of humanity and what truly moves and drives us.

This dude is absolutely peaking right now. My excitement for Blade Runner 2049 is absurd.

10/10

Watched this today and it just didn't sit right with me, unfortunately. I went because of all the positive reactions and I wanted to enjoy it. I can understand why others like it, but I just see it as getting rave reviews because of the tugging at the heart-strings. There's nothing particularly new - the twist is nice though. I still enjoyed the film, but was not blown away as some of you have been. Cinematography is superb and the CGI is very understated, which is great. I did keep seeing parrallels to Contact though. Not so much with 2001 or Close Encounters.

However, despite being disappointed, I'm still very glad that Hollywood pushed out something a bit different. Hopefully, it's a sign of more to come.

Just left the theater. Best movie of the year.

If the Academy doesn't give it Best Picture they'll lose credibility.

Villeneuve has delivered a masterful and complex journey at the level of 2001. The performances, storytelling, dialogue, cinematography, pacing, score...its all ****ing perfect.

I cried. Its just such a brilliant dissection of humanity and what truly moves and drives us.

This dude is absolutely peaking right now. My excitement for Blade Runner 2049 is absurd.

10/10

I couldn't agree with you more. Just got done watching it a little while ago and it surpassed all my expectations. Truly, food for the soul.

I couldn't agree with you more. Just got done watching it a little while ago and it surpassed all my expectations. Truly, food for the soul.

Come January, it'll be up for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress (sixth Nomination for Adams), Best Cinematography and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Not many people talking about this movie here, huh? Well, I loved it. Best movie of the year for me and very high on my list overall.

I thought it was good and well done. The CGI was fantastic and alien race believable.

Just didn't leave me with a need to talk about it. :dunno

Back