Arnold offered new Predator & Terminator movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys age goes out the window,, all i have to say is clint eastwood in gran torino.. i rest my case. we should alway keep the faith with arnold he could pull it off also.

I doubt he would return to his movie career for two ailing franchises.

Whether you liked Predators or not, it did not do that well at the Box Office, and Terminator Salvation was a disaster.

I would think he would pick Expendables 2, because of the buzz it would cause having his name next to Stallone's on the poster, even more so if it's triple billing with Bruce Willis if he comes on board as the main villain.

Old man Arnold should pass on any such offers. Stallone's characters made more sense to revisit as older versions, and those films were both done very well. I can't help but imagine Arnold trying to revisit Dutch or T-800 would feel sad and forced.

Unfortunately I agree. Though I want to see him back in films I'm not sure it'd be wise to cast him as T-800 or Dutch again. Though there theoretically could be an old skinned T-800 why would there be? It'd take very particular circumstances in the story and then they'd probably just write him in a similar vein to the T3 version of the character, too many lines and too many lines intended to be funny and no killing. For Dutch we'd be asked to believe that a Predator has chosen a mid-sixties human as his primary prey?? Unless the predator is itself an elder I can't find that plausible...and even then...I dunno.

Conan could be a good choice though if we're still talking returns to previous characters. Perhaps True Lies 2 aswell.

guys age goes out the window,, all i have to say is clint eastwood in gran torino.. i rest my case. we should alway keep the faith with arnold he could pull it off also.
Again, I think it depends on the character. Arnold can still act in movies and those can be watchable movies, IMO. But not T-800 or Dutch.

Also, Eastwood is about 100X better than Arnold as an actor, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants and it will probably be awesome.

Screw the Predator and Terminator franchises, I want to see Arnold replace Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half men! :clap

Arnold COULD easily be in a new Terminator. He could play that Sgt. Candy or whatever his name was in the deleted scene from T3. So, he'd have a southern drawl.:lol

I don't know all the details of the Terminator franchise, but if they wanted to shoehorn him into another movie, seems like they could treat him as the human basis for the T-800 robot--like Marcus Wright and the guy in AVP that was the basis for Bishop (I think? Haven't seen that movie since the theatrical release, so. . .I could be mistaken). An older man than the version used for the robot, of course.

It would be stupid and pointless, but they could do it.

I agree with Conan the King sequel. His current age would fit him as an older and wiser King Conan.

yeah man...my brothers and i have been waiting on this sequel for YEARS.

king_conan.jpg

There's always CG to make him look younger like they did with Magneto and Xavier in X-Men 3, and how they made Arnold look all buff again in T3.

Yeah, yeah, some people say he really got that big again for T3. To that I say :pfft:

I would love to see an older and experienced Dutch rescuing kids like royce and isabelle out of that planet.

That would be sweet !!!!!

“I am also packaging a comic book character right now,” he says. “I'm going to announce that sometime by the end of March or the beginning of April.”

Just which comic character that will be remains to be seen, but it’s certainly an exciting prospect. Arnie, it’s good to have you back.

Read more: Schwarzenegger offered new Terminator and Predator films | TotalFilm.com

He should totally return to his part as this:

bat11-21.jpg

for the upcoming nolan Bats.

After all, nolan's bringing out Bane, so why not throw in a mr freeze as well.

Plus the make up and robe would totally hide his age factor.

I still say a return to Dutch is VERY doable. He can be like Gary Busey was in Predator 2 and obseessed with finding out more about what they are or a consultant that cameos in the film and gives his advice on how to handle fighting a Predator.

"Predators 2: Payback"

Dutch is now a general and the US government is studying a captured predator spaceship in Area 51. Dutch prepares and leads a fully equiped crack SPEC OPS team to board the ship and have it auto-fly to the "game preserve" planet, where they will be hunting for some "...ugly mudda f@#$%&ers..."

In the process, they link up with Royce and babe and plan a nice reception for the unsuspecting "hunting party"...

After it's all over, Dutch shares a Cohiba with Royce... ;)

I don't see the character of Dutch being interested in finding out more about the Predator creatures. On his dealings with the predator he was very much a reluctant hero, he didn't sign up for that. I can't see him actively pursuing more of that kind of action.

Again, I think it depends on the character. Arnold can still act in movies and those can be watchable movies, IMO. But not T-800 or Dutch.

Also, Eastwood is about 100X better than Arnold as an actor, so he can do pretty much whatever he wants and it will probably be awesome.

true kara eastwood is a better actor, but to collectors and people here on the fourms the movies he has made im sure has made more impact on us as collectors, and movies buffs, i know eastwood is a fantastic actor but id much prefare a figure from predator,terminator,commando,running man, conan, then most films clint has been in.

If we retires before I get Kindergarten Cop 2: Naptime for all I'm gonna be pissed

Back