Ark of the Covenant Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also funny: no matter how much anyone likes this thing and enjoys owning it that doesn't change the fact that it's not accurate to the Ark in the film, even accounting for the scale difference. And to me, facts > opinions every single time. So there's a legitimate reason why some of us weren't over the moon with this piece.

That it looks great on display, is an eye-catcher and a conversation piece... and now apparently Sold Out and hard to obtain... is all cool. But that still doesn't change the fact that it could/should have been more accurate, both in sculpt and finish.

This guy,....dude it IS sold out....completely. You were pretty much a fool to talk most of the _____ you did concerning this piece and you completely undermined its value.

Fact is, everyone who now has one knows they were smart to get it and appreciates how cool it really is. Go ahead,...look for one on ebay...lol.

Honestly, I'm not sure I would even sell mine if I was offered triple what I paid. I really enjoy looking at it and I enjoy knowing how wrong some of you were to not give this prop a chance.

"The Ark is a radio for talking to god"

I really enjoy looking at the Hasbro 1/6 version I got for $30, then looking at this less accurate $250 one.

I've had my Ark for a while now, but wasn't really satisfied with how low it sat in relation to the ROTLA Indy PF (due to his high base).
This is my solution. I've crafted a sandstone block from hebel stone (basically aerated concrete), carved it a bit and stained it to approximate the colour.
I'm very happy with how it turned out, and think it gives a bit more polish to the Ark itself (everything else came with a base).

Click the pics for larger versions.

You really think if someone went WL now it would convert?

Stranger things have happened. Elvira converted for me two years later.

DSCN1457.jpg

We love ours. And we wouldn't sell it for 3x as much either.

Anyone know yet what the edition size is, or what it may sell for? Though we wont be selling it, ever, it's nice to have a general idea. I just can't find it anywhere to compare prices.

Anyone know yet what the edition size is, or what it may sell for? Though we wont be selling it, ever, it's nice to have a general idea. I just can't find it anywhere to compare prices.

I think it was 1000 total, though actual may be a bit less. Yes, I have reviewed the market availability as well.

I have concluded that if I were to "list" today, it would be for $900.00 never opened, $750 if displayed.

:lecture

I think it was 1000 total, though actual may be a bit less. Yes, I have reviewed the market availability as well.

I have concluded that if I were to "list" today, it would be for $900.00 never opened, $750 if displayed.

:lecture

:thud:

Nice.

Well, apparenty there is a God! :hi5:

I put myself on Sideshow's waiting list for an Ark of the Covenant prop replica only two months ago and it converted into an order today.

Looking forward to putting atop my machine!!!

DSC06981.jpg

That pinball machine is awesome! Where did you find that?

I'm a total Indy nerd.

When I went to college between 1993 and 1997, they had this machine down in the student union building.

I couldn't get enough of it, so I promised myself when I had the money I'd buy one for my house.

Pinball became largely extinct around 2000, when Williams and Bally said they would discontinue making new machines. I snagged this one from a private seller for $1,800.

Over the last decade, classic pinballs have been scooped up by collectors and most reside in private homes now.

Online prices in 2011 seem to show Indy pinballs are going for $3,500 to $5,000 now, depending on condition.

STERN put out a new Indiana Jones pinball machine right before Crystal Skull, but most pinball collectors hate it. This classic williams table is where it's at.

(Not to mentioned unsullied by any references to UFOs.)

:rotfl

Yea that Indy pinball is worth a fortune. Thats one of my grails, I've always wanted a Pinball machine since I was younger, I just don't have the room, but when I get my own house, that will be the first thing I pickup to furnish it.

I also found this guy who does custom Pinball machines, based on anything you want, and they look totally pro. Really cool but I have to imagine it's expensive.

Yea that Indy pinball is worth a fortune. Thats one of my grails, I've always wanted a Pinball machine since I was younger, I just don't have the room, but when I get my own house, that will be the first thing I pickup to furnish it.

I also found this guy who does custom Pinball machines, based on anything you want, and they look totally pro. Really cool but I have to imagine it's expensive.

The great thing about the Williams Indy pin is that it's an easy machine to maintain. It doesn't have many tunnels under the playfield, so any mechanical issues are easily fixed. Perfect for someone's first machine.

If you have the means, go for it!

I still can't believe my ark waiting list order converted in 60 days, this late in the game.

If not for SomethingSexy's words of wisdom, I probably wouldn't have tried it! :yess:

Back